Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season IV - Red Sox swept by the Blue Jays today and are now 29-37 at home.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Interesting the Rays & Blue Jays are selling and look like should occupy 4 & 5 in the division for a bit

Wander Franco sexual misconduct ruined himself and took a big chunk out of that franchise

Toronto farm is not deep/good and they gotta figure out Bichette & Vladimir Jr, both who seem are open to leaving asap

The Yankees are whores and will probably buy their way out of mediocrity

The Orioles are very good - they picked up Zach Eflin last night

The Red Sox are looking like they will be at worst a team that scores a lot of runs but needs a Tiant, Eck, Beckett, Lester type (staying away from Clemons & Pedro talk they are all timers)

No reason Sox aren’t 86-100+ win team going forward who run up ridiculous offensive numbers

They should be very interesting especially if Casas is a star - he will be entertaining as hell but bother the get off my lawn guys

I don’t know enough about the farm, aside from the top 5/6 guys that are often talked about here, but I have no problem using two of them to bring in quality guys with term to help this year and for the next few.

WC teams have done well in the playoffs recently. No reason it can’t happen again.

There are no world beaters in the AL, IMO.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
If you have the time and inclination, check Bob Lobel and Mike Lynch with local sports luminaries on their rather quaint and sweet podcast, Unanchored Boston.

The great Sean McAdam is there latest guest,

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

One of the prospects going to Florida is catcher Augustin Ramirez who is hitting .269 with 20 HR in AA and AAA this season.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

Well I’ve had Garcia on my APBA team so I know him well - he’s an arm but he’s been pretty up and down

The caveat is I haven’t paid much attention to him this year so maybe he’s come up with another pitch or picked up mph - have to look at Fangraphs or some statistical metric

But I sure wouldn’t give up much based on a good 5 years of having him

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Like this a lot

Felger & Bertrand won’t like but big upgrade over McGuire

He will add righty power - bet he slugs 500 here

Excellent team guy

I’m in on this

Craig you Dawg

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Upgrade over Sliky Reese.

Don't understand the *need* for it. But I'm not mad about it.

Go get a reliever, RH bat, and a starter and we good.

I'm gonna keep preaching the Flaherty to the Sox drum 🥁 in hopes it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad