OT - NO POLITICS 2024 Paris Olympics

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Lots of people are not well.

I never liked her "music". It is too pop/ Vegas for my liking. I have seen her in a few interviews, and she is so full of herself. Why they ever let her into the Bs locker room is beyond me.
Why they would let any Habs fan in the dressing room is beyond me.lol

• Love
Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Fantastic race. Bronze for Katie Ledecky in the 400m Free. Congrats to Aussie Ariarne Titmus on Gold and Canadian Summer Macintosh on the Silver!

Titmus is freakishly good. And super-competitive. Ledecky's a true great though, top level for a long time.

Our women were the usual untouchables in the 4x100, but congrats to the USA in the men's relay. Too much depth for us there, although Chalmers finished very strong.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I love the team swimming events so much.

Seeing Dressel and the boys dominate like that. Gets my blood flowing.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Titmus is freakishly good. And super-competitive. Ledecky's a true great though, top level for a long time.

Our women were the usual untouchables in the 4x100, but congrats to the USA in the men's relay. Too much depth for us there, although Chalmers finished very strong.
Thanks!! Both races were fantastic and Caleb Dressel looks like he had been training a lot longer than he has. Aussies finished well and this is going to be a great rivalry for LA 2028.

Titmus swims with a chip on her shoulder and I really like it. Full out every swim. I was watching her form and she really drives her hand into the water so she can propel herself.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Every Olympics I wonder how these athletes made the decision to dedicate their lives to these niche sports like hammer toss and synchronized diving and stuff.

I took a rec club fencing class in college and it was pretty fun, but to be an Olympian you'd have to devote yourself to it by like age 6.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Every Olympics I wonder how these athletes made the decision to dedicate their lives to these niche sports like hammer toss and synchronized diving and stuff.

I took a rec club fencing class in college and it was pretty fun, but to be an Olympian you'd have to devote yourself to it by like age 6.
Very rich people. Thats who.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Power outage at the Olympics. @Fenway must have brought along the TD Garden rats
I still have power but a large part of Paris does not
🤔

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Your odd factoid for the day - The City of Boston is larger geographically than the City of Paris

BOSTON 48.4 sq mi (125 km)
PARIS 40.7 sq mi (105.4 km)

Paris has a much larger population but very few single-family homes.

Reactions: BMC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Simone Biles injures her ankle and guts it out and despite a very rough floor for Jade Carey and some bobbles on beam, from Hezly Rivera Team USA is 3+ points above their nearest competitor. I hate the two gymnasts per country rule bc Jordan Chiles has the meet of her life and missed all around finals by less than a tenth of a point. It is Simone Biles and Suni Lee for all around.

You’ll appreciate this watching in prime time bc they’ll drag out the drama to the point it will make your stomach flip.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Simone Biles injures her ankle and guts it out and despite a very rough floor for Jade Carey and some bobbles on beam, from Hezly Rivera Team USA is 3+ points above their nearest competitor. I hate the two gymnasts per country rule bc Jordan Chiles has the meet of her life and missed all around finals by less than a tenth of a point. It is Simone Biles and Suni Lee for all around.

You’ll appreciate this watching in prime time bc they’ll drag out the drama to the point it will make your stomach flip.
NBC despises the Olympics in Europe as it doesn't work for US prime-time

NBC is very happy with the signals OBS is transmitting from each venue. You can tell when NBC is using the OBS feed when going to a replay you see the Olympic rings when NBC is producing you see the NBC logo.

Many of the announcers you are hearing are in Stamford, Connecticut including Kenny Albert doing water polo off a monitor

1722167348087.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad