Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v7 (2022 Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Smith & Jones along with Will Lu are Randy Carlyle/James reimer okay just okay and the rest is a tire fire.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Does the FAN have ANY good radio? That Kypreos show is god awful.
I will never understand why they brought Kyper back. Don't even get me started on Bourne.

The best show from both channels is Leafs Lunch. No bias, no clickbait stuff. Just good analysis on Leafs and hockey.

Also is MJ the only guy who pays attention? His viewpoint on the Leafs needs today on Overdrive was spot on. While the rest of the media is obsessing over players who are terrible at hockey, MJ said Leafs need a puckmover beside Muzzin. Also said Chariot isn't an upgrade on Holl which expectedly Noodles took offense too. MJ is fantasic and needs a promotion.

Good thing is Monday's show will have Hayes with Jonas which is awesome. Noodles and Jeff are off.

Last edited:

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Why does the media dislike Liljegren?

Bunkis on the morning show randomly dumped on him this morning lol.
It's a mystery. Other fanbases hating Liljegren - yes, makes sense. They don't want a draft faller - who their team may have passed on - doing well. Especially on the Leafs. Toronto fans/media guys dumping on him? Again, a mystery. Lily is not an a-hole, is developing very well, has potential to grow offensively, is not "small" (his build is as thick as NHLers get) and his errors are not egregious. There's no reason to hate him. It's just a case of people picking their "bad player" to release aggression on and doubling down when proved wrong. It's all ego and psychological weirdness.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
It's a mystery. Other fanbases hating Liljegren - yes, makes sense. They don't want a draft faller - who their team may have passed on - doing well. Especially on the Leafs. Toronto fans/media guys dumping on him? Again, a mystery. Lily is not an a-hole, is developing very well, has potential to grow offensively, is not "small" (his build is as thick as NHLers get) and his errors are not egregious. There's no reason to hate him. It's just a case of people picking their "bad player" to release aggression on and doubling down when proved wrong. It's all ego and psychological weirdness.
That's a worldwide phenomenon right now.

But Lily has done zero to warrant it. People think that criticizing someone somehow makes them smart or relevant. He's on track to be a very good top-4. That's gold.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Media is payed to be entertaining, not intelligent. Hayes, Bunkis, etc. are not to be taken seriously.
Thats true, but why is it Liljegren they picked out? Versteeg criticizing him was the most fishy thing of it all. The guy probably doesn't even watch many Leafs games yet he was going after Liljegren. It doesn't make sense.
I doubt Liljegren even knows this is happening so it's us complaining about nothing lol.

What I liked was a few days ago Aaron Ward was on Kyper's show, and he asked Ward if the Leafs should change how they play. Ward said no. He said you don't change a team's identity, and even had good things to say about the Leafs. Safe to say not the answer Kyper wanted.

Reactions: Stigma

Budz22

Sep 18, 2018
Sheesh noodles on overdrive right now talking about o dog calling Matthews best player in the world
giphy.gif

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Sheesh noodles on overdrive right now talking about o dog calling Matthews best player in the world
giphy.gif
Jeff was calling him best player right now recently. Not he is the best player in the league.
Noodles just showed his anti Leafs side again.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Jeff was calling him best player right now recently. Not he is the best player in the league.
Noodles just showed his anti Leafs side again.

that is literally all noodles is. Take something pretty reasonable a leafs fan take and turn into leafs fans being ridiculous. That’s all he is or he’s just agreeing along because he’s too simple to understand anything but hockey

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Thats true, but why is it Liljegren they picked out? Versteeg criticizing him was the most fishy thing of it all. The guy probably doesn't even watch many Leafs games yet he was going after Liljegren. It doesn't make sense.
I doubt Liljegren even knows this is happening so it's us complaining about nothing lol.

What I liked was a few days ago Aaron Ward was on Kyper's show, and he asked Ward if the Leafs should change how they play. Ward said no. He said you don't change a team's identity, and even had good things to say about the Leafs. Safe to say not the answer Kyper wanted.
Once Liljegren comes into his own , you know the narrative from the media will turn to it being the impatient, irrational fans that were wrong about him.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
that is literally all noodles is. Take something pretty reasonable a leafs fan take and turn into leafs fans being ridiculous. That’s all he is or he’s just agreeing along because he’s too simple to understand anything but hockey

The guy is honestly dumb as bricks and continuously misses the point. We have the luxury of shutting him off, can't imagine the other two having to work with him daily.

rielledup

Sep 17, 2015
The guy is honestly dumb as bricks and continuously misses the point. We have the luxury of shutting him off, can't imagine the other two having to work with him daily.
I can't tell if noodles is trying too hard to be an anti leafs contrarian or is just really stupid. A couple weeks ago he said that Giordano is just as good as any dman in the league hes just having a bad season which is an incredibly stupid thing to say. Gio is clearly nowhere near the player he used to be and nowhere near the best dmen in the league

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless
Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
I can't tell if noodles is trying too hard to be an anti leafs contrarian or is just really stupid. A couple weeks ago he said that Giordano is just as good as any dman in the league hes just having a bad season which is an incredibly stupid thing to say. Gio is clearly nowhere near the player he used to be and nowhere near the best dmen in the league

It's a good question. Recently, they were talking about how many Canadian teams could make the playoffs and of course, Noodles said, "I still think Winnipeg gets in"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad