Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v7 (2022 Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Brad C

Jul 12, 2021
Sheesh noodles on overdrive right now talking about o dog calling Matthews best player in the world
giphy.gif
Yeah he was out there today,

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
that is literally all noodles is. Take something pretty reasonable a leafs fan take and turn into leafs fans being ridiculous. That’s all he is or he’s just agreeing along because he’s too simple to understand anything but hockey

please replace Noodles with Siegel. Noodles just wants to interrupt says dumb things and then back pedals when realizes he is being a dufus.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Made the mistake of listening to. McLean on Kypreos. You would think the leafs were a bottom 5 team. Everything is wrong. Then he went on to talk about how much it bothered him that the Leafs were forced to play Mrazek in a must win game. Yeah. A must win game against Minny with 30 left and a playoff spot virtually locked. So many of these guys are unbearable and no one calls them on it.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
I can't tell if noodles is trying too hard to be an anti leafs contrarian or is just really stupid.

Feel I've listened to enough Overdrive over the years to say it's a bit of both. The irony with Noodles is he goes way too overboard trying to provide "balance" on the show that he doesn't have any balance in his takes.

The Giordano claims were absolutely amateur to say the least.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
O'Neil is the dumb prick I would replace first if i had to pick between him and noodles. That said, I'm fine with the trio as it is.

Reactions: wingman75

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
I needed a distraction thread that didn't include Leafs goaltending or Politics so just wandered in here.

Can I throw my hand up and say I'd rather just watch Carolyn Cameron all day instead?

upload_2022-2-27_10-38-49.png

Reactions: 3blizzard4

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I agree. I don’t get the hate for any of the three. They all do their job well. I’ve met Noodles and he’s very personable and knowledgeable.
I mean all of them have some dumb takes from time to time. It's easy to hate on Noodles because he's not a Leaf fan per se. His take on Matthews was stupid, right now he's probably the best player in the league (with Shestyorkin) and it's ok to say it out loud. That said, all of them bring something good to the table and as a non Leafs-fan I sometimes enjoy the perspective Noodles gives. I get that it annoys Toronto people but whatever.

I miss Ray, but at the same time I don't miss him because MJ is just as good if not better with his takes. Probably the most intelligent ex-player/analysist on TSN.

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
Noodles isnt that bad ... But you all like to pile on ... Maybe look at the embarrassment HNIC has become
Noodles is worse, he should be in a market that he likes. Nothing wrong with accurate analysis of the Leafs that is critical but also balanced with accurate praise. Noodles does neither and to compound the problem - he's strictly hockey, nothing wrong with that but he should be in another market on a hockey show. Edmonton, Ottawa, Winnipeg would e a much better fit.

HNIC is fine, has some good people and that dreadful Don Cherry is just a bad memory

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Noodles simply talks too much. He takes 5 minutes to make a point he could make in 30 seconds.

HNIC? Don't even get me started. I swear if I hear one more Ron McLean Hometown Hockey story about how little Billy McGee who plays bantam hockey for the Beavertown Badgers in Fence Post, Alberta's great uncle once drove a zamboni for the Toronto St. Pats at Maple Leaf Gardens or watch Ron in full hockey gear on some pond trying to fit a helmet on top of his toque ...

Sportsnet's Hockey Central is just brutal.

The only game broadcast that's bearable is TSN's which is overall excellent.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Noodles is worse, he should be in a market that he likes. Nothing wrong with accurate analysis of the Leafs that is critical but also balanced with accurate praise. Noodles does neither and to compound the problem - he's strictly hockey, nothing wrong with that but he should be in another market on a hockey show. Edmonton, Ottawa, Winnipeg would e a much better fit.

HNIC is fine, has some good people and that dreadful Don Cherry is just a bad memory
I happen to be a fan of the side angles the hnic panel use especially when Jens on.

Reactions: keonsbitterness

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Noodles simply talks too much. He takes 5 minutes to make a point he could make in 30 seconds.

HNIC? Don't even get me started. I swear if I hear one more Ron McLean Hometown Hockey story about how little Billy McGee who plays bantam hockey for the Beavertown Badgers in Fence Post, Alberta's great uncle once drove a zamboni for the Toronto St. Pats at Maple Leaf Gardens or watch Ron in full hockey gear on some pond trying to fit a helmet on top of his toque ...

TNT blows everything up here out of the water imo.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Jonas was on again yesterday and he really is so much better then Noodles. You don't need Noodles there. It's a complete breath of fresh air.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site

Unbearable, for HNIC I've resorted to muting both intermissions, setting a timer for 15 minutes, and going to do shit I'd prefer doing like taking out the garbage, cleaning dishes, clean the cat litter, etc.

Ron has become that old man who talks about those random-ass boring stories about people nobody's heard of in random places all across Canada and we're somehow supposed to find it interesting because they have a community hockey rink or something like that.

Wanna start a petition to bring back Don Cherry just to keep Ron's ego in check and keep him from talking too much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad