Value of: Tomas Hertl

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
He should certainly be able to net SJ a first rounder this trade deadline, but I don't know about a top prospect as well. A first plus a middling prospect would be my guess, for Hertl with some retention. A good market for him could see something like a third rounder added to the haul..

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Obligatory mention that with his NTC, Hertl could flex that and seriously seriously bite into the return. What’s the return if Hertl says Boston, AZ and OTT are his three teams?

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Obligatory mention that with his NTC, Hertl could flex that and seriously seriously bite into the return. What’s the return if Hertl says Boston, AZ and OTT are his three teams?
Yeah, he's totally gonna force his way to Boston. He loves being on a team where a wild card playoff berth is the best case scenario. Get real, dude.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Yeah, he's totally gonna force his way to Boston. He loves being on a team where a wild card playoff berth is the best case scenario. Get real, dude.

Playing between his buddy Pasta and Hall is a nice place to be.

edit: And doesn't have to be Boston. He has a three team list that he negotiated
into his contract for exactly the purpose of controlling his destination if he was dealt heading into free agency. His agent specifically negotiated for this. If he uses it, it will lower the return. Full stop.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sevendust

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
I see the Hertl comes cheap dreams are alive and well
welcome-to-fantasy-island.gif

Reactions: Sandisfan

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Replace Boston with Colorado then....

Either way you spin it, Hertl has full control of where he wants to go here. He could easily force his way to a team if there's one he really wants to go too.

Reactions: wintersej

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
Replace Boston with Colorado then....

Either way you spin it, Hertl has full control of where he wants to go here. He could easily force his way to a team if there's one he really wants to go too.
He likely could but there has been no indication of that. Until there is, best assumption is as long as it's a contending team he will consent to go.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Bruins make a lot of sense for both short term and long term.

That said Bruins should not be trading a 1st unless they are determined to re-sign him. Trading a first and letting him walk would be an absurd misuse of assets (again)

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
He should certainly be able to net SJ a first rounder this trade deadline, but I don't know about a top prospect as well. A first plus a middling prospect would be my guess, for Hertl with some retention. A good market for him could see something like a third rounder added to the haul..

With retention? He makes just over 5.5M and is on pace for 45 goals with garbage line mates. If the sharks retain then the price goes up significantly. I’m not saying 2 firsts and a blue chipper but 1 1st and a blue chip prospect is definitely on the table. Keep in mind the 1st will be a late 1st most likely.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
With retention? He makes just over 5.5M and is on pace for 45 goals with garbage line mates. If the sharks retain then the price goes up significantly. I’m not saying 2 firsts and a blue chipper but 1 1st and a blue chip prospect is definitely on the table. Keep in mind the 1st will be a late 1st most likely.

Retention for a quarter season is more making a deal happen in this environment in which most teams run close to the cap than meaningful value added. Palmieri, Hall, Savard, Foligno and even Janmark had salary retained leading up to the deadline.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Not to the Sharks it doesn't
As much as I like Hertl the Bruins should stay away , the cost too obtain and retain will be to much and I do worry about his medical history ...........The Bruins should be talking blockbuster with Arizona centered around Chychrun and Crouse ............

Reactions: Groo

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
If you want him, the trade is going to sting and be regarded as terrible if you dont win the cup. Come offering your best prospects not drafted top 5.

This guy can rule out all but three teams. There is no way that kind of return happens unless he's just looking to help out San Jose. He can dictate where he wants to go and that will suppress his market. The Sharks need to decide if they want to take the best of what they can get for him or lose him for nothing in July. I still think they get at least one premium piece but I think Sharks fans are going to have to temper those expectations less then be disappointed.

I can think of 2 really good wingers that could use a scoring center next year.

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
The Bruins biggest long-term weakness is top-6 centres. Krejci is gone and Bergeron will eventually fade and they don’t have any prospects that look like they can fill those spots. Coyle is a middling/low-end 2nd line C. Trading for Hertl for the short and long-term (must re-sign him) makes so much sense. They should definitely be willing to give up a 1st, any prospect other than Lysell and cap (Moore?) to get him.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
The former. I’ve never seen a player that doesn’t jive with Hertl. He’s really the type of player who elevates the play of his linemates.
Yea he's one of the only players we have where I don't think about line chemistry and fit when rosterbating. Guys like Couture you need to optimize around but with Hertl, it's very set and forget.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad