Value of: Tomas Hertl

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Yeah, he's totally gonna force his way to Boston. He loves being on a team where a wild card playoff berth is the best case scenario. Get real, dude.

It's not a crazy thought. He wants to play in a premiere market (check) on a team that has a chance to contend (check, he fills their one big hole) and one of his best friends would be his long term RW.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
It's not a crazy thought. He wants to play in a premiere market (check) on a team that has a chance to contend (check, he fills their one big hole) and one of his best friends would be his long term RW.
Contend for how long?
If Hertl really wants to go to Boston then he's free to sign with whomever once FA begins. Until then any/most competing teams will be interested

Reactions: themelkman

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Would be a perfect fit on the Wild, in the short term at least. Boldy would be on one wing, Fiala on the other...he could do worse. Not sure if he is interested in coming to MN, but he has a better chance of winning in the West than in the East, unless he goes to one of CAR, FLA, TB, which seems unlikely. From SJ's POV, trading him to the Central would be better than trading him within the west.

Reactions: GuerinUp

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
This guy can rule out all but three teams. There is no way that kind of return happens unless he's just looking to help out San Jose. He can dictate where he wants to go and that will suppress his market. The Sharks need to decide if they want to take the best of what they can get for him or lose him for nothing in July. I still think they get at least one premium piece but I think Sharks fans are going to have to temper those expectations less then be disappointed.

I can think of 2 really good wingers that could use a scoring center next year.
How would you know? Obviously Hertl is only going to a contender, but I dont know if hes the type of guy to literally rule out every team but one. I think he will go somewhere, play amazing in the playoffs and then choose his location for the next 8 years. I dont see that place being Boston at all unless he literally forced it to be so which would be a strange decision because they have a 1c already.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Would be a perfect fit on the Wild, in the short term at least. Boldy would be on one wing, Fiala on the other...he could do worse. Not sure if he is interested in coming to MN, but he has a better chance of winning in the West than in the East, unless he goes to one of CAR, FLA, TB, which seems unlikely. From SJ's POV, trading him to the Central would be better than trading him within the west.
I think MN is a great trade partner here, but fans seem unwilling to offer up any value and its very hard to gauge where Guerin is at either.

Reactions: Gecklund

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Its not a terrible move but if your Hertl why not just ask for Colorado or Florida? They would both take him if he wasnt that expensive (which he couldnt be if it was the only option), and are pretty surefire locks to make it past the first round of playoffs.

Only way I see Boston happening is if the trade is opened to any playoff team and Boston puts all its chips on the table to beat out everyone else.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
This thing gets more complicated the more we win and the more Hertl continues to dominate. Id say a mass majority of us Sharks fans absolutely adore Hertl so we'd expect a sizeable return that would at least put this franchise in a better position to contend in the near future. Does he get the big extension now that Kane is off the books for the Sharks scot-free? We love #48, I personally feel he should be given the captaincy right now and extended. My whole point is I don't see DW taking anything less than a 1st and multiple other valuable pieces.

Reactions: Fisticuffer

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Huh? I thought it sounds like the Sharks are selling.

Bruins would make sense to be in on that. Unless you are re-signing him. In which don't say he's available.
We are still trying to figure out if we are sellers or not. We're one point back of the last wild card spot and it's not farfetched to think we make playoffs this year unless things collapse.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Bruins make a lot of sense for both short term and long term.

That said Bruins should not be trading a 1st unless they are determined to re-sign him. Trading a first and letting him walk would be an absurd misuse of assets (again)
He’s seemed to be the ideal replacement from Krecji since summer....
I think they are trying to figure out how to sign him long term, like you’ve speculated before pulling the trigger on a trade imo.
His age range even fits with their 3-4 yr Marchand/Bergeron window

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Too funny. Could have just walked away quietly
Sorry to have popped your bubble?

ROFLcopter.

My bubble isn't popped.

I'm still certain as long as Hertl is available Bruins will be calling. Regardless of what fans of either team say.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
ROFLcopter.

My bubble isn't popped.

I'm still certain as long as Hertl is available Bruins will be calling. Regardless of what fans of either team say.
I suspect they will. Nobody said they wouldn't be asking/calling.
What I am saying is that unless Hertl dictates a move to Boston somehow then there will be many suitors who can offer up as much or more than Boston.

Reactions: WhalerTurnedBruin55

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
How would you know? Obviously Hertl is only going to a contender, but I dont know if hes the type of guy to literally rule out every team but one. I think he will go somewhere, play amazing in the playoffs and then choose his location for the next 8 years. I dont see that place being Boston at all unless he literally forced it to be so which would be a strange decision because they have a 1c already.
Boston makes most sense - gets to center Hall & Pastrnak In world class city and iconic franchise

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad