Value of: Tomas Hertl

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
That would be something to see. :thumbu:
I’m San Jose I love Hertl but paying him 8 M for age 29-35 while my California neighbors the Kings & Ducks have been loading up on prospects I trade him

Leafs Rangers Bruins all have a high end prospect and first round pick as a base / I would start there

Reactions: Fisticuffer

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Ok ! ..........We are done here
If you're Boston i think you take Hertl in his prime over Lysell. It's not so cut and dry. I know Boston fans are high on FL but I feel him included in a deal is a deal that works for both teams. Especially if Hertl signs an extension for under 8m aav

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: themelkman

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
If you're Boston i think you take Hertl in his prime over Lysell. It's not so cut and dry. I know Boston fans are high on FL but I feel him included in a deal is a deal that works for both teams. Especially if Hertl signs an extension for under 8m aav
Bruins should not do this, Hertl is a great player and would look good in Boston , but the Bruins still are club that can still compete but are also at crossroads with some of their players.......... Bruins should be looking as of said before at Chychrun ,and Crouse they are younger good talented players...........

Reactions: Groo

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Bruins should not do this, Hertl is a great player and would look good in Boston , but the Bruins still are club that can still compete but are also at crossroads with some of their players.......... Bruins should be looking as of said before at Chychrun ,and Crouse they are younger good talented players...........
I can't disagree there. I don't know how much you guys will have to give up to get those guys but you gotta imagine if they play as well as you want, you're gonna end up having to pay them what youd have to pay a better player Hertl right now.

Feb 19, 2018
1st+any prospect+Ritche
Waiver wire Ritchie? A late first and second tier prospect as the Leafs don’t have anything good in the prospect pool that would be considered top 30 in the league? Leaf fans are too generous for a young first line winger on a great contract. If you add another first they might think about it. Or take out Ritchie and add a second.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Playing between his buddy Pasta and Hall is a nice place to be.

edit: And doesn't have to be Boston. He has a three team list that he negotiated
into his contract for exactly the purpose of controlling his destination if he was dealt heading into free agency. His agent specifically negotiated for this. If he uses it, it will lower the return. Full stop.

Replace Boston with Colorado then....

Either way you spin it, Hertl has full control of where he wants to go here. He could easily force his way to a team if there's one he really wants to go too.
Wow! I had no idea a team could get less for a player if there are fewer teams they can trade him to!

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Wow! I had no idea a team could get less for a player if there are fewer teams they can trade him to!

Sarcasm aside it’s part of the calculus for this deal. Not every player negotiates such a limiting NTC for their UFA year. SJ didn’t just give it to him to be cool, Hertl had to negotiate and likely give something up to get it. Acting like it doesn’t exist in these threads is going to very possibly leave Sharks fans as bummed as Sabres fans last TDL.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
It's not a crazy thought. He wants to play in a premiere market (check) on a team that has a chance to contend (check, he fills their one big hole) and one of his best friends would be his long term RW.
Except that's not how this works. His trade list is submitted at the beginning of the league year. The Sharks already know who is on it. If they want to trade him, they will just start with the best offer and ask him to waive for that team. If he says no (he probably won't), they go to the next best offer

Reactions: Groo

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Sarcasm aside it’s part of the calculus for this deal. Not every player negotiates such a limiting NTC for their UFA year. SJ didn’t just give it to him to be cool, Hertl had to negotiate and likely give something up to get it. Acting like it doesn’t exist in these threads is going to very possibly leave Sharks fans as bummed as Sabres fans last TDL.
The Sharks literally gave the same clause to other players before and after Hertl. It's not like Hertl specifically wanted to limit it to 3. I guess it's just a selling point for Doug Wilson

Reactions: Sandisfan

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
The Sharks literally gave the same clause to other players before and after Hertl. It's not like Hertl specifically wanted to limit it to 3. I guess it's just a selling point for Doug Wilson

I mean, the Sharks have two additional contracts with a 3 team NTC clause.

Any player that isn't an idiot is going to give three non-sensical teams if the list if handed in on July 1st, giving them veto rights over any real deal.

Reactions: PlayMakers

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I think most Bruins fans would have Swayman (if you still count him) and Lohrei as higher ranked prospects. Swayman isn't what y'all need, tho.
Truthfully, you dont have anyone that fits our needs well. We really need a centerman with real potential, but I feel Lysell has some great skills that could still work well for us.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
I mean, the Sharks have two additional contracts with a 3 team NTC clause.

Any player that isn't an idiot is going to give three non-sensical teams if the list if handed in on July 1st, giving them veto rights over any real deal.
Martin Jones and Evander Kane had it too. Stop trying to be a know-it-all. You clearly don't.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Sharks should get a lot for him. Hertl is really good. And he seems like the kind of guy to extend right away at a reasonable deal with whichever teams goes out and trades for him.

Reactions: PacificOceanPotion

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
NTC/NMC's don't usually work to let a player never move, they just let him choose his destination. What player wants to be on a team that absolutely doesn't want him? That's just not a tenable situation. In Hertl's case DW will give him the teams that are interested in him and Hertl will pick off that list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad