Value of: Tomas Hertl

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Hertl has a 3 team trade list. SJ fans aren't going to be happy with the return if they decide to move him. They will get a 1st and a decent prospect.

I think if Hertl is ready to go and wants to chase a Cup he'll open up his list.

Although I don't know if there's more than 3 teams that both have a legit shot at winning and can fit in him.

If Hertl is open to a sign and trade that opens up a bunch more options.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
I realize this is a value thread, so I am reluctant to post a rumor. Eklund, for what it's worth, has Colorado highly interested. He only offered that Sakic was ready to offer "ALOT". With respect to value, is that a 1st rd pick and possibly Newhook, or is that too steep?
Do people not realize they are going to have to make room to pay MacKinnon $12M per season? They can't re-sign Hertl and they already have a solid 2C. Trading their good ELC players would be idiotic

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Do people not realize they are going to have to make room to pay MacKinnon $12M per season? They can't re-sign Hertl and they already have a solid 2C. Trading their good ELC players would be idiotic

They may still be willing to pay a lot to load up as much as they can this year before they have to pay for MacKinnon after next season.

PowerMac

Dec 20, 2019
Kadri is playing out of his mind this season so I think the avs should trade for him

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

Erik Johnson’s expiring contract pays for the raise.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I would say the Bruins are best positioned to land Hertl. They have the cap space and they can offer him Hall and Pastrnak to play with. Bruins also have their 1st round pick plus decent prospects to offer. Lysell and Lohrei are not available. Lohrei would be available in a Chychrun package if that was on the table.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I would say the Bruins are best positioned to land Hertl. They have the cap space and they can offer him Hall and Pastrnak to play with. Bruins also have their 1st round pick plus decent prospects to offer. Lysell and Lohrei are not available. Lohrei would be available in a Chychrun package if that was on the table.
With Lysell and Lohrei off the table, other potentially interested teams such as NYR, MIN, COL, etc. would have much stronger prospects to offer. The Bruins 1st wouldn't be that much of a difference maker compared to those as well.

Reactions: themelkman and Groo

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
With Lysell and Lohrei off the table, other potentially interested teams such as NYR, MIN, COL, etc. would have much stronger prospects to offer. The Bruins 1st wouldn't be that much of a difference maker compared to those as well.

What prospects can Colorado offer?

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
If I was them I wouldn't offer Newhook or Byram, so that would leave guys like Olausson, Barron, and Helleson.

If it was to be Newhook, it should have been last year. I could be wrong but that ship has sailed. It doesn't make sense to trade Newhook for a current version of what you hope he'll become only to possibly lose him in FA in a few months.

Instead of wasting valuable assets on a rental, the Avs are better off keeping them and targeting someone (whether it's Hertl or Forsberg) in free agency.

They'll need to re-make the 2nd line but they'll have 9ish million coming off the books with Kadri and Burakovsky.

And so far this season, Kadri's having an incredible year. He might cool off, so that's a big caveat. But there's less of an imperative to make this move because of this.

Olausson is probably Burakovsky's eventual replacement. Barron/Helleson are probably a replacement for Johnson and Girard/Toews (when they'll eventually need to trade one).

Reactions: BKarchitect

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006

I'd certainty put Lysell on the table.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
For an upcoming UFA? No thanks.

If he has the Bruins on his three-team trade list, he's game to re-sign. I can't imagine there's a better situation to go to than Boston for him. Good team, loaded with wingers and has a huge hole at centre.

Reactions: kdog82

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I'm very curious to see what MacKinnon settles at. He's on record at saying he will take a discount to keep his team competitive in the cap. What number is that? Might be $10M but who knows

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I think if Hertl is ready to go and wants to chase a Cup he'll open up his list.

Although I don't know if there's more than 3 teams that both have a legit shot at winning and can fit in him.

If Hertl is open to a sign and trade that opens up a bunch more options.

I think you are blowing sunshine. A player like this knows where he wants to play. His agent knows which of those teams are interested. If Hertl opens up his trade list, its just as likely that he presents 1 team. That makes it worse. Not better.

The only way the sign and trade makes any sense at all is if the player demands a contract extension in exchange for waiving his control.

Easternbull

Nov 18, 2016
Out of all the makeshift contenders Boston needs him the most, but I also think the Rangers could use him but they could use more of an established 3 htird line checking center like Radek Faksa for example.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I think you are blowing sunshine. A player like this knows where he wants to play. His agent knows which of those teams are interested. If Hertl opens up his trade list, its just as likely that he presents 1 team. That makes it worse. Not better.

The only way the sign and trade makes any sense at all is if the player demands a contract extension in exchange for waiving his control.
No reason for Hertl to open up his list for this TDL. If he really wants to pick his destination, just wait till the off-season and then he holds all the cards.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
No reason for Hertl to open up his list for this TDL. If he really wants to pick his destination, just wait till the off-season and then he holds all the cards.

Well...He holds all the cards now. I mean, past the 3 teams on his list. You are saying that he would rather reject a trade and a playoff run with a team he selects than play. Which doesn't make a lot of sense. Maybe he has a young family and doesnt want to be traded to the far away. The reverse is true of Giroux who could force a trade to teams a short shuttle flight from home. He could have a playoff run and not have to move away from his family.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad