Value of: Tomas Hertl

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Sure - except every year players use this power to steer themselves where they want to go. The OP said the sharks can name their price and proposed the largest rental price Ive seen in a very long time for a dude with a potentially limited market.
Is it dumber that OP said the Sharks can name their price, that you believed him, or that people think Hertl is going to force his way to Boston for a 2nd and a B prospect?

Reactions: Sandisfan

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
The Leafs pool is very average, who would they offer? They also need defense more. SJ won't be drooling over Robertson or Amirov. I don't think Dubas' is going to offer Knies plus for 2 months.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think MN is a great trade partner here, but fans seem unwilling to offer up any value and its very hard to gauge where Guerin is at either.
Depends on what you call value. keep in mind that MN has some very hard years ahead due to 14-15M in dead cap, so re-signing Hertl would be VERY tough. I would certainly offer up a 1st, a good prospect like ROR/Marat/Beckman, Greenway and Rask (just for cap reasons, he is expiring, both financially and hockey wise). That's might seem to be undervaluing him to you, but for 2-3 mos of play I wouldn't want my team to offer more. Certainly not Rossi, Boldy, Lambos, or Wallstedt. I guess Fiala would be another possibility...he's not as valuable as Hertl, but has one more year of RFA, and is younger.

Guerin has been quoted as saying he doesn't like TDL on an expiring deal, as the new player often has a hard time fitting into the new team in a short period of time. If a deal were to be done, he'd rather do it earlier in the winter, but many teams are reluctant to write off their season so early.

Reactions: GuerinUp

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
thats not true, im totally okay with a 1st and marat going for hertl. hell id even throw in greenway if you wanted him.
great minds...

Marat Khusnutdinov, for those who don't know, was the Captain of Russia's short lived WJC20 team. He's no Michkov, but he a very fast, two way C who plays in the KHL, and will for two more years. He is widely considered to be a steal of a 2nd round pick. I am not sure if SJ would rather have him or a less sexy, but still important, two way D prospects like Daemon Hunt or Ryan O'Rourke. The latter made Canada'sWJC 20 team, the former would've but got injured in the last intersquad game before cuts. Both are doing very well in their respective CHLteams, with ROR being captain.

Last edited:

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Is it dumber that OP said the Sharks can name their price, that you believed him, or that people think Hertl is going to force his way to Boston for a 2nd and a B prospect?

When did I say ANY of those things? You're doing a really bad job here.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
You were arguing that him "negotiating" a 3 team NTC is "part of the calculus" of a trade. And that they didn't give it to him to be cool. But they kinda did. It's just how Doug Wilson likes to do business apparently. We know this because he has given a 3 team NTC to SIX different players.

Hertl has a good relationship with the organization. He's not going to put the screws to them to steer himself to one specific team. Especially considering it's for less than half a season. If they ask him to waive to a playoff team, he will do it.

So if you want to fantasize that your team is going to be able to get Hertl for chicken feed because he wants to play for your team so badly he will only accept a trade to that one team, it's a waste of time. He loves the Sharks, and he's not going to screw them over to go play for another team for two months.

While I appreciate you want to bend reality to your will, Doug Wilson is not the only GM that gives out NTCs... and they always come at a price. Usually by way of lower salaries (or just to get in the door for some UFAs, but that is a different discussion). The fact that Wilson (like my team does!) uses them as a bargaining chip as part of the contracts doesn't mean he gives them away to be cool. Good lord. Nor, do you (or I) have any idea what Hertl's intent is. Thats the point! You saying "If they ask him to waive to a playoff team, he will do it" is just as naive (if not more so) than someone thinking Hertl is coming for peanuts. His NTC is obviously part of the calculus.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
I realize this is a value thread, so I am reluctant to post a rumor. Eklund, for what it's worth, has Colorado highly interested. He only offered that Sakic was ready to offer "ALOT". With respect to value, is that a 1st rd pick and possibly Newhook, or is that too steep?

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I realize this is a value thread, so I am reluctant to post a rumor. Eklund, for what it's worth, has Colorado highly interested. He only offered that Sakic was ready to offer "ALOT". With respect to value, is that a 1st rd pick and possibly Newhook, or is that too steep?
Too steep I'd think. Newhook is a very highly thought of prospect, and I think would only be available if Colorado really wanted to win a bidding war with other teams. It would depend how desperate Sakic wants to win a cup or two before Mackinnon's next contract is up.

Reactions: themelkman

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Hertl has a 3 team trade list. SJ fans aren't going to be happy with the return if they decide to move him. They will get a 1st and a decent prospect.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Hertl has a 3 team trade list. SJ fans aren't going to be happy with the return if they decide to move him. They will get a 1st and a decent prospect.
Yes everyone is aware of that, in fact there's been quite a bit of discussion in this thread on how likely it would be that Hertl waives that for a playoff team.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

I mean its Eklund.

Complete garbage.

As much as delusional hfAvs posters may want to believe, I would be shocked if Sakic does anything major this season.
He made his bed with giving up a ton for Kuemper and basically has nothing expendable left to trade.
And the team is a juggernaut as it is that will most likely be brought down by its goaltending and health as the reason for its failure.
The last thing this team should do is trade for a guy like Hertl who they absolutely can not afford to keep longterm (assuming a realistic ask in UFA from him) and who isn't even really needed considering Kadri is playing out of his mind and Newhook is not looking to shabby. Not to mention that the Avs absolutely can not afford to pay up for basically any big fish assetwise without it really hurting them longterm.

Sakic might trade the likes of Kaut and Bowers for depth pieces (3rd/4th liners) at the deadline. Thats about what I expect to happen and I am perfectly fine with that. Sakic made his move in the offseason. The deadline is for suckers anyways unless you are Tampa that can afford to heavily overpay for depth pieces to manipulate the cap (which the Avs absolutely can not).

But I fully expect the insiders to hype them up being in on everything without considering that Sakic really does not have anything really valuable to trade that wouldn't be a giant mistake to give up at the deadline.

Very, very slim chance of Fleury maybe but I don't even think the Avs could outbid the Oilers to make it happen if necessary.

Reactions: BKarchitect

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
thats not true, im totally okay with a 1st and marat going for hertl. hell id even throw in greenway if you wanted him.
If we trade Hertl this is the sort of deal we are looking at. A 1st+a top prospect+useful cap. Now if we are able to get a C as that useful cap that’d be great but I don’t think MIN has the pieces to do that and I like Greenway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad