Value of: Tomas Hertl

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
You take the money that would go to Strome and put it towards Hertl and then you make moves to make it happen.

They will probably need to find 8 mil to keep him. That's going to be difficult with the cap situation the Rangers have. I would think you could move Nemeth or Lindgren or maybe both and Chytil but you still have to replace that depth lost. I think the blue liners could be easily replaced but there's a lot up front to replace if they try to keep Hertl past this season.

loosemoose

May 31, 2020
Would be a dereliction of duty from Sweeney to not do everything he can to try to get Hertl if he's available. He'd be the perfect fit for 2C for the next few years. Giving up Lysell for him would be pretty rough, I think that 1st + lesser prospect (say, Studnicka) would be more palatable for most Bruins fans.

Reactions: Wiggleboom

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm sure any of those prospects would get it done, but I'll take O'Rourke or Marat with a first. Huge fans of both of those guys in particular.
MN fans like them too, just realize that landing Hertl would take a serious offer. ROR would be easier to let go because they also Have Lambos, Hunt, and Peart as LHD prospects. Marat is more of a need (C), but his recent signing of a two year contract with the KHL makes him a bit less desirable.

Reactions: Stewie Griffin

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Minnesota is stacked with injuries, and have just lost 5 straight! In what world do upj think wild are going to trade a player they just drafted last year who they traded up for in peart? Marat, and O'Rourke are also up there
Hush, and let the grown ups talk.

Reactions: GuerinUp

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
You take the money that would go to Strome and put it towards Hertl and then you make moves to make it happen.

Hertl is so distinct from what our centers are. Would round out this team well. And he is a better player than his point totals. He and Panarin would never give up the puck together.

If we can resign him I'd give up 1st + chytil in a heartbeat

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Hertl is so distinct from what our centers are. Would round out this team well. And he is a better player than his point totals. He and Panarin would never give up the puck together.

Hertl’s point totals are “low” this year because his most common linemates have been Barabanov, Balcers, and Gregor.

Barabanov has been surprisingly good, but Balcers is a 3W and Gregor is a 4W.

Barabanov is also a UFA and should be available too. Not a liability in his own end, good playmaker and has been on a 56 point pace since coming to SJ.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Hertl’s point totals are “low” this year because his most common linemates have been Barabanov, Balcers, and Gregor.

Barabanov is also a UFA and should be available too. Not a liability in his own end, good playmaker and has been on a 56 point pace since coming to SJ.

Thanks. Hertl would look so good with Panarin and strome at RW. Make it happen Drury.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada

Yup Hertl is a 60 point player with Barabanov attached to his hip, along with whatever other bottom-sixer Bob plays with them. I would love to watch him with Panarin.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Fun must be always...and it's not fun in the Bay right now

Not it is not. In recent years the Sharks have almost always been able to re-sign cornerstone guys in their late-20s/early-30s (not always to to best contracts, I know), so the idea of Hertl leaving is strange and a real bummer. I'd argue he's the heart and soul of the team right now.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Hertl and Panarin would be absolutely insane. Could see Hertl scoring at a 80-90 point pace with him.

I don't really expect that to happen. Players points totals never go up that much. But his totals and whoever we have at RW could go up 10 and they could be a better defensive line.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
I don't really expect that to happen. Players points totals never go up that much. But his totals and whoever we have at RW could go up 10 and they could be a better defensive line.
He was at an 70 point pace just last year with Kane and a revolving door of players on the RW.

I don’t think 10 more points over 82 playing with Panarin and Strome would be far fetched.

Reactions: rangersfansince08

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
This thread makes me sad :(.
You're tellin me. I just see the writing on the wall. We all know as Sharks fans, if you want any hope of reopening the window to contention you have to make some really tough decisions and stock the cupboard for the future.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Kravtsov is not someone I'd likely center a deal around. The Sharks need centers especially with Hertl potentially moving on in this sort of deal. Since the Rangers probably don't have anything like that available for this deal, I'd probably just want the 1st and 2nd.
As a NYR fan, I'd do this easily if I felt NYR could sign Hertl after this season. (With an extension, the deal is obviously a lot more, but I don't see one happening and I don't know if Rangers can really afford this going forward).

This trade obviously makes Strome gone, but the increase will hurt. Rangers already have too many prospects that will have no opportunity to make the team, so the draft picks right now aren't as needed as they were a few years ago.

Last edited:

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I know it's probably unrealistic but I'm curious of the value adding in Barabanov to a deal to NYR.
I don't think we have room for him this season. And with Barabanov needing a new deal, it doesn't really make sense.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Would be a dereliction of duty from Sweeney to not do everything he can to try to get Hertl if he's available. He'd be the perfect fit for 2C for the next few years. Giving up Lysell for him would be pretty rough, I think that 1st + lesser prospect (say, Studnicka) would be more palatable for most Bruins fans.
He would need to do everything, the trade shouldnt be palatable, it should hurt.

Every team in the league can beat a 1st plus studnicka

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Not it is not. In recent years the Sharks have almost always been able to re-sign cornerstone guys in their late-20s/early-30s (not always to to best contracts, I know), so the idea of Hertl leaving is strange and a real bummer. I'd argue he's the heart and soul of the team right now.
Is it a certainty that Hertl leaves though? I would think if anything the Sharks would be focused on re-signing Hertl ahead of everything else?

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
1st + Adam Ruzicka (22yo, 6'4 LHC, 16 points 10 goals in 13 AHL games this season.) for the rental of Hertl.

I would pay more if there was extension negotiations and confirmation as part of the trade.

Reactions: Stewie Griffin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad