Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 3 - Flyers Rumors and Media Mentions: Never Ending Circles

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
I'm glad Briere took on bad contracts to get more value in trades, so "beggars shouldn't be choosers" and all.

But I still think Briere didn't get enough value for the contracts he took back. Especially Peterson, if Kolosov doesn't come back you can chalk that up as one of the reasons he left.
I try to look at the colossoff situation as if I were in his shoes. He's part of the organization he comes over he doesn't play and he sees a goaltender like Peterson, and where he is at in his career and development, the last thing I would want to be looking at is a completely cooked goaltender making millions of dollars with zero chance of any redemption or progress in his career left and I honestly would one out too, especially coming halfway across the world away from my home.

If Briere got all he learned from Chuck, making 17 calls is all you need to think you have a good team.
17 phone calls? More like 17 searches in chucks app.

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
I think the Flyers should make a play for Askarov. Risky? Maybe... but I'd feel a lot better about the trajectory of the rebuild if they add another prospect with an elite ceiling to the flyers org. Could he bust? Sure, but I doubt he will. Also, adding young Blue Chip prospects with elite Ceilings is what rebuilding is all about. Set up the future.

I suppose it depends on the ask, but if it can be done do it
They've had the last two or three years to do that with multiple players and prospects floating around but they refuse to get rid of certain people and it sucks because the last few years have been a perfect time for him to where they could have done that with the least amount of wasted assets.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
giphy (8).gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Sounds like he lied about being unable to play (preventing them from buying him out) and they caught him. Can't figure out what else would constitute a "material breach" for a player on IR other than failing a drug test?

They're only on the hook for half his contract.

Reactions: ponder719

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
This should immediately get you fired. You build a team to win.
The non-shill follow-up question is "Please give examples of where you made a decision because on what you believed the fan base wanted." Deslauriers, Seeler, and Hathaway are easy layups but I would want to see if there were any surprises.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The non-shill follow-up question is "Please give examples of where you made a decision because on what you believed the fan base wanted." Deslauriers, Seeler, and Hathaway are easy layups but I would want to see if there were any surprises.
The fan base wanted Seeler and Hathaway?

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The Flyers have a bifurcated fanbase. The people paying the most money supporting the team absolutely want Hathaways and Seelers and Deslauriers. But it's a waste of breath debating that. Briere already admitted they believe that's what the fanbase wants. And they want to give it to them. It's as stubborn and ass backwards a process as we thought. Take it away, Steve Jobs:

Some people say, 'Give the customers what they want.' But that's not my approach. Our job is to figure out what they're going to want before they do. I think Henry Ford once said, 'If I'd asked customers what they wanted, they would have told me, 'A faster horse!''

"A Faster Horse" should be the Flyers marketing slogan. No, that doesn't sound quite right. "A More Durable Ox."

MrGuyPerson

Aug 19, 2020
Here is a fun based on nothing hypotheitical :

Nashville's is so grateful to the flyers for scrubbing Johansen's $4 Mill off their cap, Nashville decides to all but hand the Flyers Askarov for only Edmonton's 1st. Whadda W?

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
The Flyers have a bifurcated fanbase. The people paying the most money supporting the team absolutely want Hathaways and Seelers and Deslauriers. But it's a waste of breath debating that. Briere already admitted they believe that's what the fanbase wants. And they want to give it to them. It's as stubborn and ass backwards a process as we thought. Take it away, Steve Jobs:

"A Faster Horse" should be the Flyers marketing slogan. No, that doesn't sound quite right. "A More Durable Ox."
This is a f***ing good post, brother.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018

Direct quote: “We’re a little different than other teams. You need to build your team a little bit to what your fan base wants.”

But people want goals and wins, Danny. Sure, there is the fair point that the authentics (who give most of the money) want fights, North South, hard nosed, banging bodies hockey. But even they won't be happy with a decade of futility. At the end of the day everyone wants wins and goals

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
But people want goals and wins, Danny. Sure, there is the fair point that the authentics (who give most of the money) want fights, North South, hard nosed, banging bodies hockey. But even they won't be happy with a decade of futility. At the end of the day everyone wants wins and goals

It's maybe 2% of fans who would turn their nose and and leave if the team is winning a lot, but isn't fighting enough. They'd gain far more than they'd lose.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
When given a choice between loser physical hockey and new age (potential) winner hockey, I genuinely wonder which they would choose sometimes.

I'd be okay with physical hockey if at least it was exciting. I want to see goals. Watching a low scoring grind fest 1-0 or 2-1 game every night is incredibly boring. But sometimes it feels like these fans hate scoring, even if you had an Eric Lindros on every line.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
When given a choice between loser physical hockey and new age (potential) winner hockey, I genuinely wonder which they would choose sometimes.

I'd be okay with physical hockey if at least it was exciting. I want to see goals. Watching a low scoring grind fest 1-0 or 2-1 game every night is incredibly boring. But sometimes it feels like these fans hate scoring, even if you had an Eric Lindros on every line.

I do not wonder. They constantly show us what they'd pick

Edit: Do you mean fans or team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad