Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 3 - Flyers Rumors and Media Mentions: Never Ending Circles

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The New 32 Thoughts with Elliotte Friedman and Kyle Bukaskas on the Flyers.

-Friedman excited for Michkov, has someone at his gym rubbing it in his face that he’s here early

-Accidentally mentioned ‘keeping Sanheim’ obviously meant Konecny, was harder than they would have liked

-big fan of Ersson, wishes he voted for him for all-rookie team over Kochetkov

-the biggest story is what happens with Johansen. Not necessarily for the Flyers themselves, but the league signed off on his contract termination (which by the way, has not actually happened yet), but the PA really wants to fight this because it’s guaranteed money and feel it’s too big of a win for the league-side if they get what they want.

They’re going through every team so I have to listen to see if they’re mentioned elsewhere
I think they'll quietly work out a settlement.

Players union doesn't like termination of a guaranteed contract, but owners don't want to condone lying about injuries.
So PA will agree to Johansen taking a haircut in return for more certainty with regard to what constitutes a player violation.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
I think they'll quietly work out a settlement.

Players union doesn't like termination of a guaranteed contract, but owners don't want to condone lying about injuries.
So PA will agree to Johansen taking a haircut in return for more certainty with regard to what constitutes a player violation.
Better than a buyout as cap hit won't be spread out. Depending how it goes will they see more in the future?

For me is it really worth say the 2 million they may save on tap for the bad press and optics it has created? I do not think it is as will leave a sour taste in players mouths.

Really hope they don't settle as I want to see what case each party has to present.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The New 32 Thoughts with Elliotte Friedman and Kyle Bukaskas on the Flyers.

-Friedman excited for Michkov, has someone at his gym rubbing it in his face that he’s here early

-Accidentally mentioned ‘keeping Sanheim’ obviously meant Konecny, was harder than they would have liked

-big fan of Ersson, wishes he voted for him for all-rookie team over Kochetkov

-the biggest story is what happens with Johansen. Not necessarily for the Flyers themselves, but the league signed off on his contract termination (which by the way, has not actually happened yet), but the PA really wants to fight this because it’s guaranteed money and feel it’s too big of a win for the league-side if they get what they want.

They’re going through every team so I have to listen to see if they’re mentioned elsewhere

Yeah the Owners (who the league always sides with) are very much desperate to find any cracks in the guaranteed contract situation. The Players rightly view it as their biggest asset. This is going to be a fight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad