OT: The Avalounge but every time someone posts the quality declines

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
tenor.gif

Michael Cera is one of the most awkward actors. I can't even.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Doesn't seem like my cup of tea either.

The Big Bang Theory and HIMYM are like the biggest sitcoms in a while though and they both blow ass, so...
...Please tell me you did not just put Arrested Development in with BBT and HIMYM...

For me..

1) Arrested Development
2) The Office

Everything else.

Community, Parks and Rec, Seinfeld, Malcolm in the Middle are all up there too.

Oh, and maybe Shameless too. But it's more of a drama than a comedy.

Last edited:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
...Please tell me you did not just put Arrested Development in with BBT and HIMYM...

For me..

1) Arrested Development
2) The Office

Everything else.

Nothing wrong with HIMYM so long as you know what you're getting (solid, for the most part, entertainment, but nothing groundbreaking).

But for me:

1a) Arrested Development/The Office
1b) The Office/Arrested Development
2) Parks & Rec
3) 30 Rock
4) Community

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I get bored with sitcoms, even good ones, after a while. The Office was amazing but I really wish they'd have taken a cue from Gervais and kept it short and sweet.

I stuck with Parks and Rec all the way through. A mostly-brilliant show, but not perfect. The Good Place is from the same people and I may actually like that show better...simply because it's waaaaay more ambitious.

Loved Arrested Development, but wasn't huge on the return. It was good but the magic is gone.

It's amazing how far TV has come. A lot of older TV sitcoms have not aged well...except for the Golden Girls. That show will forever be brilliant.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Big Bamg Theory might be the worst comedy show I’ve ever seen, ok that may be hyperbolic, but it’s not good. I totally forgot about 30 Rock, that’s a great show. Anything that has to do with Tina Fey is usually amazing.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I get bored with sitcoms, even good ones, after a while. The Office was amazing but I really wish they'd have taken a cue from Gervais and kept it short and sweet.

I stuck with Parks and Rec all the way through. A mostly-brilliant show, but not perfect. The Good Place is from the same people and I may actually like that show better...simply because it's waaaaay more ambitious.

Loved Arrested Development, but wasn't huge on the return. It was good but the magic is gone.

It's amazing how far TV has come. A lot of older TV sitcoms have not aged well...except for the Golden Girls. That show will forever be brilliant.

Same. There's only a few shows that I can say have legit made me laugh consistently, and Arrested Development and The Office are the biggest two. Too many comedies try to be funny and it's just stupid. At least for me.

The AD return wasn't good, I enjoyed it I for nostalgic purposes I guess but like you said it didn't have that magic.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

For me..

1) Arrested Development
2) The Office

Everything else.

Oh, and maybe Shameless too. But it's more of a drama than a comedy.
Oh, no. HIMYM is slightly entertaining but hardly that funny. If it was on at home, I'd turn off the TV, but I might like to watch it in some kind of a boring public service lobby. Big Bang Theory is terrible, I can't stand watching it. Melissa Rauch is hot in any case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad