OT: The Avalounge but every time someone posts the quality declines

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
By the way, thanks for making me feel like a fat lard:(

Just kidding, I'm fine with it. Beer and pizza and lounging around watching hockey are great.

It’s the life :laugh: but I’ve heard girls are all about the dad bod nowadays so I figured I’d rock it for a little :sarcasm:

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
It’s the life :laugh: but I’ve heard girls are all about the dad bod nowadays so I figured I’d rock it for a little :sarcasm:

Tehe. To be honest, I should probably get a little more serious about the health. I don't care that much about appearances. However, I'm 31 and the metabolism is slowing down, and I don't want to be on a TLC show by the time I'm 40. My biggest problem is I work where I can get a free, greasy burger plus a growler of beer for free every day. I need to get the kitchen guys to design me a healthy, but still hearty salad that I can enjoy.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Tehe. To be honest, I should probably get a little more serious about the health. I don't care that much about appearances. However, I'm 31 and the metabolism is slowing down, and I don't want to be on a TLC show by the time I'm 40. My biggest problem is I work where I can get a free, greasy burger plus a growler of beer for free every day. I need to get the kitchen guys to design me a healthy, but still hearty salad that I can enjoy.
This was the beginning of why a friend of mine quite his job at a brewery. He would stand all day serving and doing very little exercise. At the end of his shift he would drink two beers and eat a ton of food. Feels great, but isn't great for you. He kept commenting on his blossoming weight so I told him to quit the burgers at least. He started eating salads instead and he noticed a difference within a week. By the end of the month he had decided to find a labor job for the summer to try and get in shape. Hasn't gone back since.

The first week of quitting the free burgers is the hardest thing ever. You just feel so hungry, because you are used to putting a huge amount of calories into your body.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
This was the beginning of why a friend of mine quite his job at a brewery. He would stand all day serving and doing very little exercise. At the end of his shift he would drink two beers and eat a ton of food. Feels great, but isn't great for you. He kept commenting on his blossoming weight so I told him to quit the burgers at least. He started eating salads instead and he noticed a difference within a week. By the end of the month he had decided to find a labor job for the summer to try and get in shape. Hasn't gone back since.

The first week of quitting the free burgers is the hardest thing ever. You just feel so hungry, because you are used to putting a huge amount of calories into your body.
Well, my portion of work certainly isn't standing around. I average 20,000 steps, and the last two days stacked about 6,000 pounds of grain. Not to mention the kegs I roll around every day. I do burn my fair share of calories. My problem is I wake up hungry, so I down some bagels or Cliff bars plus coffee in the morning, I'm hungry by lunch so I grab a burger, I burn it off by 6 so I eat a full 12 inch pizza for dinner. I may burn off 3k calories in a day, but I manage to eat 4k, and it's not good calories.

But if I have a salad for lunch, I'm distractingly hungry an hour later. I need to find a way to balance it all with some healthier options.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I drink Lattes every morning which I think will be the death of me. I’m working to try to start using my Ninja Bullet more and have smoothies with whey protein in the AM vs a daily Starbucks dessert.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Smoothies with whey protein are dope. Be sure to hide some veggies in there like kale/spinach or some avocado or cucumber. As long as you have frozen banana in there, it'll be pretty sweet still.

My breakfast is usually oatmeal and green tea. Or if I work out before lunch, then it's just whey and creatine.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Smoothies with whey protein are dope. Be sure to hide some veggies in there like kale/spinach or some avocado or cucumber. As long as you have frozen banana in there, it'll be pretty sweet still.

My breakfast is usually oatmeal and green tea. Or if I work out before lunch, then it's just whey and creatine.
Arrested-Development-Bluth-Frozen-Banana.jpg

Reactions: Murzu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad