OT: The Avalounge but every time someone posts the quality declines

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Oh, no. HIMYM is slightly entertaining but hardly that funny. If it was on at home, I'd turn off the TV, but I might like to watch it in some kind of a boring public service lobby. Big Bang Theory is terrible, I can't stand watching it. Melissa Rauch is hot in any case.

Yep, Annie's still GOAT though.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Seinfeld is fun, but I've never made an effort to watch it in its entirety. I've just seen a few episodes here and there.

Pretty sure my favorite sitcom is The King of Queens. I watched that from start to finish. Then Friends, That 70's Show and sure, The Office, but I haven't seen all of The Office either.
Yep, Annie's still GOAT though.
Well, duh.
It's amazing how far TV has come. A lot of older TV sitcoms have not aged well...except for the Golden Girls. That show will forever be brilliant.
Huh. Not two days ago I thought about that show. I used to like to watch it as a kid, cause it was on at a weird time during the day. And yeah, shows like Married with Children... Goodness me.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Seinfeld has aged well. I rewatched it a few years ago.

Arrested Development is goat with It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia as close second.

giphy.gif

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Just like you ruin the Aves fanbase! Amy Poehler is GOAT
Well, I never!

Mm, I don't dislike Amy Poehler altogether, but I stopped watching Parks and Rec cause the Leslie Knope bits annoyed me. Aziz Ansari of course is not always funny either, so that doesn't help.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Parks and Rec is all about Andy and Ron... those two characters make that show so damn good. Once they realized that mid season 2, that show got really good.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Parks and Rec is all about Andy and Ron... those two characters make that show so damn good. Once they realized that mid season 2, that show got really good.
Oh. They realized that? Maybe I should skip some and give it another chance.

I see AD is on Netflix. Don't think I have a choice but to see that next.

Reactions: Foppberg

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Comedy Sitcoms -

1. The Office
2. Seinfeld
3. Modern Family
4. South Park
5. Married With Children
6. Parks and Rec
7. 30 Rock

Never saw Arrested Development - need to go back and watch those. I probably overrate Modern Family, but Phil Dunphy approaches the Michael Scott level at times. Likewise with Al Bundy.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
Comedy Sitcoms -

1. The Office
2. Seinfeld
3. Modern Family
4. South Park
5. Married With Children
6. Parks and Rec
7. 30 Rock

Never saw Arrested Development - need to go back and watch those. I probably overrate Modern Family, but Phil Dunphy approaches the Michael Scott level at times. Likewise with Al Bundy.

Southpark isn't a sitcom.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
1) Arrested Development
2) The Office
3) Seinfeld
4) Community
5) Parks and Rec
6) Golden Girls
7) Everybody Loves Raymond
8) Malcolm in the Middle

Never seen Always Sunny in Philadelphia, 30 Rock, Frasier, or a few other big ones so I can't really speak for those.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Never did like Seinfeld, the show or the stand-up. I'm not a huge sitcom fan in general (modern comedies tend to spend way too much time insulting my intelligence), but one of my all-time favorite shows is M*A*S*H*. Just snappy, brilliant humor with a great moral heart. The later seasons got a little soapy, but I can watch that over and over again.

Reactions: Tweaky

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
need to watch some MASH too

I keep telling all my friends about the Vietnam series PBS did recently. I dunno if I posted already in here about it, but man was it a powerful one. I feel like every American should watch that one - no matter where you are on the political spectrum. At times though it's very difficult to watch emotionally. It's one of the best things I've seen on TV in quite some time.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
WKRP is probably my favorite sit-com of all time.

MASH was hilarious too but had a much more serious side as well. Not sure if I really consider it a flat out comedy...most people probably do though.

Reactions: Tweaky

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
@BrickAHL Baby

Man a lot of people are forgetting probably best comedy sitcom....

How the hell has this not been mentioned?

Oh man the Fresh Prince might actually be my favorite show ever. That show was my childhood growing up, it’s got everything a TV show needs. And I have a slight man crush on Will Smith, I love that man.

maxim84

Oct 19, 2013
Zagreb
The lack of Seinfeld and Frasier on these lists hurt me.

Can add NewsRadio as well.

Frasier is good, but it's the spinoff from another classic

You wanna go where people know,
people are all the same,
You wanna go where everybody knows
your name.

Anyone remembers Balky and Larry?

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
Changing the topic, I'm getting excited to move into my own place again so I can get my cooking game back. My poor cast iron skillet is so sad sitting in storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad