Speculation: Smith injured Again- Edmonton just got more desperate for a Goalie

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
my offer for Geo is looking better, and if we were playing this like the stock market, that 4th for a 3rd would go up to an additional 2nd

NO NO NO
Yama sucks, do not want

Either what I proposed or something like

Rangers 2022 1st [presumed late]
Jones
Hajek
Nemeth
Geo
Huska
Rangers 2022 4th

for

Broberg
earliest Oil 2nd [2022 or 2023]
Lavoie
Kosk
Smith

everybody at full pop gives Oil a little cap now when they have none

rationale:
Rangers will ride w/Shesty + Kinkaid + if Smith MIA then dig up Wall for backup, ditching Kosk to Buf who needs a warm body for a late pick
Oil will get 2 better immediate options to add to Skinner to stopgap

Geo for Lavoie slightly favors Oil
Nemeth for Smith favors Oil big time
Huska elc for Kosk favors Oil big time
Hajek is a freebie for cap + NY roster spot, so favors Oil slightly

so in consideration of all that
Broberg + 2nd for Jones + 1st

either that or slightly tweak upgrade my original deal
And there's the Broberg ask, ha ha ha.

Seriously though, the Hajek/Lavoie/etc deal is good. No need for the more complicated Broberg based deal.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
my offer for Geo is looking better, and if we were playing this like the stock market, that 4th for a 3rd would go up to an additional 2nd

NO NO NO
Yama sucks, do not want

Jones
Hajek
Nemeth
Geo
Huska
Rangers 2022 4th

for

Broberg
Lavoie
Kosk
Smith

rationale:
Rangers will ride w/Shesty + Kinkaid + if Smith MIA then dig up Wall for backup, ditching Kosk to Buf who needs a warm body for a late pick

Drury's head will explode, he can barely make a simple trade, already royally messed up on Buchnevich trade.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
And there's the Broberg ask, ha ha ha.

Seriously though, the Hajek/Lavoie/etc deal is good. No need for the more complicated Broberg based deal.

and I can live with the original even if, like I said, the price should go up

My pt is we are not gonna deal Geo except for adequate value in futures, not a guy like Yama, and basically [respecting McD and LeoDrai are off the table, of course] we have no interest in anybody other than Broberg or Holloway.

btw, elc LD Jones who can play either side and is Fox lite [albeit very lite] so far and a late 1st is not unreasonable on the table for Broberg given other benefit Oil get here

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Bull crap . Facts are

Seattle passed on Price for free
Price contract is 10.5
Price is 34 and on the decline
Price has not played a game this year
His last 3 years his stats aren't very good
Coming off of surgery
Issues with pain killers
4.6 years left on Price contract .
Montreal fans think moving 4 months of Koskinen is worth a 1st Well x that by 10 for Price . His contract is more then double and runs 9 times longer .
If he is as good as Montreal fans claim there would be a line up trying to acquire him , there not .
Let me know the next time Price is at the top of the league in save% , GAA and wins .
I guarantee if Montreal swap goalies with Tampa bay they win more games and Tampa loses more . So Montreal fans need to stop with Price is the best goalie in the world .

Vasi at this point is the best goaltender in the World but when Price is on, he's in the same tier.
Price was a monster in his last two playoffs appearence, like, Conn Smythe worthy good.

Going for Price is a short term move, but what's your plan?
Sucking for another decade?

You load up for 2 or 3 years, hope for the best, and if it doesn't work, you rebuild.
The Oilers owe it to McDavid and Draisatl to try "something".

Unless you're a-ok with the state of your team?

Reactions: DarthProbert

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Vasi at this point is the best goaltender in the World but when Price is on, he's in the same tier.
Price was a monster in his last two playoffs appearence, like, Conn Smythe worthy good.

Going for Price is a short term move, but what's your plan?
Sucking for another decade?

You load up for 2 or 3 years, hope for the best, and if it doesn't work, you rebuild.
The Oilers owe it to McDavid and Draisatl to try "something".

Unless you're a-ok with the state of your team?

I think the biggest problem is the difference between what Habs fans want for Price and what other teams, Oilers fans in this case, are willing to give up for him considering his uncertainty.

As an Oilers fan, I would take Price with 50% retention, but considering all the red flags, I wouldn't want to give up grade A assets for him. If he were to return and look great, then I'd be more open to it in the offseason, but if the trade is happening now, I wouldn't want to do it.

For me, it would have to be something like:
Price @50%
for
Barrie, Conditional 1st (If Price wins 8 playoff games, if not 2023 2nd and a 2023 4th) and B prospect.

Understandably, Habs fans want a positive return considering they are retaining for 5 years so I can see why they would want more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Barnaby and McJedi

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Holland has a few emergency FA options

Theres Pascal Leclaire, Budaj, Bryzgalov, Tellqvist. Lots of option.

I heard he tried to sign DiPietro but Rick sadly broke his fingers trying to sign the contract.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

NO NO NO
Yama sucks, do not want

Jones
Hajek
Nemeth
Geo
Huska
Rangers 2022 4th

for

Broberg
Lavoie
Kosk
Smith

rationale:

Damn Bern I thought we had something going and you go and bring up Broberg again . He is not available period . Adding a bunch of stuff doesn't get you close to Broberg

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Damn Bern I thought we had something going and you go and bring up Broberg again . He is not available period . Adding a bunch of stuff doesn't get you close to Broberg

pls read my post
like I said, you want to keep the small package, that's fine
you want to expand it, that is what it would take
if not fine

but again pt is, we are not interested in Yama or anyone else
and if you want to do like Nemeth for the shell of what Smith is, + the rest of the deal, it will cost

don't want to go there, fine, the smaller package is good enuf

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
not even close
they've got you over a barrel, they know it, and will make you dance to their tune culminating in you paying up or no deal

Then no deal. It's about asset management. For a team that is not making the playoffs, is it worth more for them to get a draft pick for a player or keep him and let him walk at the end of the year in a lost season. I don't understand how trading Fleury is any different than when they traded Lehner, who was a lot younger at the time. The return for Lehner was not great.

To Vegas: Lehner (@ $1.4 mill) and rights to Martins Dzierkals
To Toronto: 2020 5th round pick (retained 1.1 mill of Lehner's contract)
To Chicago: Malcolm Subban, rights to Stanislav Demin (4th round pick in 2018) and a 2020 2nd round pick, Chicago also retained 50% on Lehner.

jjniner

Feb 28, 2016
Ville Husso playing to good for the Blues to be able to afford him next year. Late 1st would do it

Reactions: teddygmr

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Then no deal. It's about asset management. For a team that is not making the playoffs, is it worth more for them to get a draft pick for a player or keep him and let him walk at the end of the year in a lost season. I don't understand how trading Fleury is any different than when they traded Lehner, who was a lot younger at the time. The return for Lehner was not great.

To Vegas: Lehner (@ $1.4 mill) and rights to Martins Dzierkals
To Toronto: 2020 5th round pick (retained 1.1 mill of Lehner's contract)
To Chicago: Malcolm Subban, rights to Stanislav Demin (4th round pick in 2018) and a 2020 2nd round pick, Chicago also retained 50% on Lehner.

setting aside
dat wuz den an dis is now

Chi is not beholden to any previous deal as if it were a strict standard rigidly adhered to.

They are happy enuf w/MAF
there are other potential suitors
you will pay top top $ or no deal

and if you say no deal, fine then you live with the alternatives

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad