Speculation: Smith injured Again- Edmonton just got more desperate for a Goalie

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
I don’t think smith being injured is a big deal considering skinner has been legit solid for his brief time. If skinner goes down with an injury as well, then be really concerned

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
How does Bourgault?

If were looking at " right now" then Holland should have traded that pick for an NHL player.

Getting Wallstadt could have solidified the crease for Edmonton for the next 10-15 years.
Goalies are so hit and miss though. I would have liked Cossa with that pick but wallstedt's value was falling leading up to the draft. Drafting a forward makes him an easier piece to trade to another team at the deadline. Look how good Askarov looked and he looks worse now than the day he was drafted

That being said Skinner looks good in the AHL and should be a backup or starting option for the oilers over koskinen at the moment.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
They need to get rid of goalie 1A and 1B. Thats way bad.

Koskinen dissapears after the season (uneccesary to buy him out, can still do a good game from time to time). Smith got onr year, and hobestly, nobody would want him, and oilers should just buy him out.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
If only Oilers had a stud goalie in the system

who is 19 yrs old
6'3
210 lbs

with a ridiculous

.923 Save %, 1.82 GAA in the Swedish Elite League!

If Halak waives, Id do

Halak
Hamonic

for

2nd rnd pick
5th rnd pick
Koskinen

You could just keep Koskinen, doesnt hurt.
They should get rid of Smith, the player that is ubder contract next year as well

tkb81

Mar 15, 2009
5.25m for 5 years on a goalie who hasn't played this year, is suffering through "issues"

Yeah, that would require some big adds to move.
then why would the oil take a chance on him?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Smith probably will be back without missing much because the Oilers have a long break again after this one game. But I have a feeling Carey Price is going to eventually become the play if Montreal is willing to retain a big portion of the salary.

PastaSawce

Mar 6, 2021
Western MA
I still think Halak would be perfect in Edmonton but i dont think he would waive his no movement clause to play there.
I have no idea how Halak has looked this year, but he was horrible in the bubble and horrible last year. Bruins gave him a chance to claim the back up role at the end of last season for the playoffs and got pushed out by a rookie with no rebound control and a Rask with a torn labrum. He was awful, not a solution for EDM.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
If only Oilers had a stud goalie in the system

who is 19 yrs old
6'3
210 lbs

with a ridiculous

.923 Save %, 1.82 GAA in the Swedish Elite League!

If Halak waives, Id do

Halak
Hamonic

for

2nd rnd pick
5th rnd pick
Koskinen
I don't know how the stud young goalie helps the Oilers today. In the future for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad