Speculation: Smith injured Again- Edmonton just got more desperate for a Goalie

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I don't know how the stud young goalie helps the Oilers today. In the future for sure.
Stud Knight isn’t carrying FLA and he’s 2 years older. Honestly by the time Wallstedt is ready to be a true 1, McDavid will be done his contract.

they should have drafted him but there shouldn’t be this expectation that he would be the saviour of the goaltending for a couple more seasons until he’s at least around 23, not 19.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Stud Knight isn’t carrying FLA and he’s 2 years older. Honestly by the time Wallstedt is ready to be a true 1, McDavid will be done his contract.

they should have drafted him but there shouldn’t be this expectation that he would be the saviour of the goaltending for a couple more seasons until he’s at least around 23, not 19.
Thats how I feel about it.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Its what is needed to make the money work . I don't care as I don't want Price and his contract . I like Price but he has negative value which is why Seattle never took him for free .

Taking on Barrie alone would cost a 1st and a top prospect.

PastaSawce

Mar 6, 2021
Western MA
Something around Pool Party & Swayman, sign E. Kane to replace JP
Bruins aren’t trading Swayman. He’s already a fan favorite and clearly the future. Ullmark is the only chance from Boston, and I wouldn’t be shocked if he was pissed at the very loud “We want Tuukka” chants in a game the Bruins were up 5-1. Wouldn’t be shocked if he waived his NMC, but I don’t know his personal and family situation as to whether or not he would waive.

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
If they aren't willing to spend big to solve the problem then they could do worse than Vejmelka. The Leaf's game showed him in the spotlight but he has actually been pretty solid behind a very poor D.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Its what is needed to make the money work . I don't care as I don't want Price and his contract . I like Price but he has negative value which is why Seattle never took him for free .

Habs are not trading Price at full cap hit. If anybody tries to force that kind of narrative, they are out to lunch (Habs fans or non Habs fans). Price's AAV is way too high even in non covid flat cap seasons. Even Price would agree cause it was his idea to expose him to Seattle :laugh:

Price retained down to $6M would be something I think the Oilers consider. You might say no but I bet the real "McSuper" disagrees with you. The problem is you rather improve your goalie situation without trading valuable futures. Difficult to do but if you insist on that direction, I sincerely wish you good luck. This Habs fan won't see the playoffs anytime soon and I will be following the Oilers in the playoffs (if you make it). If you magically acquired Price at this deadline (wishful thinking I know), I would be a huge Oilers fans for your run. He has gas left. Probably 2, maybe 3 years and I doubt he plays that age 38 season. This is not an attempt to pump up Price's value, it's what I seriously think. I think Price just brings it if he was with the Oilers and playing behind your boys

Reactions: TFHockey

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
So Smith is hurt again.. but does this mean the Oilers are MORE desperate than they were before? The guy has hardly even been in the net and hasn't been playing well when he was, so I'd say they're exactly where they were after his first injury.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
So Smith is hurt again.. but does this mean the Oilers are MORE desperate than they were before? The guy has hardly even been in the net and hasn't been playing well when he was, so I'd say they're exactly where they were after his first injury.

I have no idea on what the Oilers are going to do. Stay patient or make a move. It's a very unfortunate situation in net. But look at it this way, you rather face adversity now than just before the playoffs. You just got to overcome what's going on right now (somehow)

Reactions: TFHockey

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
You should feel ashamed to post something like that.

The top prospect and the 1st are clearly on the wrong side

Bull crap . Facts are

Seattle passed on Price for free
Price contract is 10.5
Price is 34 and on the decline
Price has not played a game this year
His last 3 years his stats aren't very good
Coming off of surgery
Issues with pain killers
4.6 years left on Price contract .
Montreal fans think moving 4 months of Koskinen is worth a 1st Well x that by 10 for Price . His contract is more then double and runs 9 times longer .
If he is as good as Montreal fans claim there would be a line up trying to acquire him , there not .
Let me know the next time Price is at the top of the league in save% , GAA and wins .
I guarantee if Montreal swap goalies with Tampa bay they win more games and Tampa loses more . So Montreal fans need to stop with Price is the best goalie in the world .

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Mike Smith is injured again, reports are coming out that its non covid related and could possibly be a lingering issue from the same injury that has caused him to miss lots of games this year.

Edmonton needs goalie help ASAP as I dont think they are willing to throw another Mcdavid year down the drain.

Whos is realistically available and at what price?

my offer for Geo is looking better, and if we were playing this like the stock market, that 4th for a 3rd would go up to an additional 2nd

Georgiev for Yamamoto
NO NO NO
Yama sucks, do not want

Either what I proposed or something like

Rangers 2022 1st [presumed late]
Jones
Hajek
Nemeth
Geo
Huska
Rangers 2022 4th

for

Broberg
earliest Oil 2nd [2022 or 2023]
Lavoie
Kosk
Smith

everybody at full pop gives Oil a little cap now when they have none

rationale:
Rangers will ride w/Shesty + Kinkaid + if Smith MIA then dig up Wall for backup, ditching Kosk to Buf who needs a warm body for a late pick
Oil will get 2 better immediate options to add to Skinner to stopgap

Geo for Lavoie slightly favors Oil
Nemeth for Smith favors Oil big time
Huska elc for Kosk favors Oil big time
Hajek is a freebie for cap + NY roster spot, so favors Oil slightly

so in consideration of all that
Broberg + 2nd for Jones + 1st

either that or slightly tweak upgrade my original deal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad