Confirmed with Link: Rutger McGroarty to Pittsburgh for Brayden Yager

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
ok? has barely anything to do with my post. congrats you copied and pasted hockeydb boxscore stats.

the Pens pool is crap. so he should be #1, just like McGroarty will be if they did a re-vote.

read on actual league-wide prospect rankings, Yager is close to top 70-85 across a few sources , and McGraorty is a bit ahead. that's more informative of their current tier or levels rather than their team ranking.
Sorry man I want to be happy and enjoy this trade, I don't want to be the person you argue with today.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Well I hope he likes playing with Sid for a couple of years because that org is likely going to fall off a cliff once him, Letang, and Malkin hang em up.
No way, José.

NHL orchestrates the draft lottery to go Pittsburgh's way so that they land Gavin McKenna at the 2026 draft and start another dynasty.

Lemiuex to Crosby to McKenna

:nod:

• Haha
Reactions: surixon and Buffdog

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm going to stand by what I said when all this stuff came out about him wanting a roster spot, I thought he did not want to play in Winnipeg and I think it's even more true today
Either way, it's hard to argue with the effectiveness of Rutger's request to get out.

Instead of potentially being sent down to the Moose he will likely be stapled to Crosby or Malkin's wing.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I'm going to stand by what I said when all this stuff came out about him wanting a roster spot, I thought he did not want to play in Winnipeg and I think it's even more true today
He says it doesn't feel right before he even plays one single game, the guy didn't want to be a Winnipeg Jet and that's fine but i as a Winnipeg Jets fan sure don't like it. If Jager turns out to be another Brian Little this is one hell of a trade.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Considering this, I am glad the Jets ran far, far away. It's giving me Dubois vibes with the three teams he's left. None of them fit him right.

I wish Pittsburgh luck with him. They might need it.
The team that was gifted 2 generational players? Nah, f- em.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Either way, it's hard to argue with the effectiveness of Rutger's request to get out.

Instead of potentially being sent down to the Moose he will likely be stapled to Crosby or Malkin's wing.
Yup he and his agent got what they wanted he signed with an American team where he has a very good chance to be on the roster on day one and doesn't have to play in Winnipeg except as a visitor

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
No way, José.

NHL orchestrates the draft lottery to go Pittsburgh's way so that they land Gavin McKenna at the 2026 draft and start another dynasty.

Lemiuex to Crosby to McKenna

:nod:

NHL execs... "But you can only move up X slots in the lottery"

Bittman... "Pittaburgh has the generation clause in their franchise charter. Whenever they lose one they are owed the next one available"

Lol

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
He says it doesn't feel right before he even plays one single game, the guy didn't want to be a Winnipeg Jet and that's fine but i as a Winnipeg Jets fan sure don't like it. If Jager turns out to be another Brian Little this is one hell of a trade.
We should start holding dev camps in Florida

• Haha
Reactions: Jets 31

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Scouting report his draft year...

Yager is a player with a pro-style game. He plays with a lot of speed and energy, showing the ability to carry pucks up the ice and make skilled plays with pace. He’s not the biggest center, but Yager plays hard, showing a commitment to making plays without the puck and winning a lot of battles even though he’s not overly physical. His main offensive weapon is his shot, which is high end due to his great technique and accuracy, but he does have the slick hands and vision to beat defenses in other ways. He didn’t score goals this season like I thought he would with his shot, but I believe he will in future seasons. At his size there will be questions about whether he’s an actual NHL center despite his skating and effort. My comparable for him is an NHL wing, reflecting the risk in his projection at that position, but I see a reality where he turns into a Vincent Trocheck type.

another one...

He’s a natural scorer and creator who plays a direct style, but he’s also got plus vision and deft touch (though I wouldn’t say his creativity is necessarily a strength). I like the way he supports the puck defensively as a centreman, too, though he’ll need to get stronger to be as reliable defensively at the NHL level as he is in junior. He is very intentional with his routes, offensively and defensively, which should help him stick at the centre position long term. I don’t think he’s going to become the kind of star you’re hoping to get out of a top-10 pick, but he’s got 2C, PP1 upside if he can fill out his frame and continue to add dimension.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Agreed, it is just nice that Chevy once again found a way out unscathed. Get a same tier prospect at a position of need and a Western Canadian kid already signed and playing in Moose Jaw. Likely being a top go to player for Canada at the World juniors is icing on the cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad