Confirmed with Link: Rutger McGroarty to Pittsburgh for Brayden Yager

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I thought Hoffman was very 1 dimensional. Correct me if wrong.

McCann struggled until picked up in the expansion draft. He was given a bigger role in Seattle and started scoring more. Not sure how he might have fared on a better team.

I think that's the comparison right.

His floor is proably a 20-30 goal guy who relies heavily on PP production like Hoffman.

His ceiling is probably a 30-40 goal guy that can play all situations and fill in at C if needed.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
literally same shit happens here with rutger pre and post trade request.

being the best prospect on the pens is really nothing to write home about their pool sucks. looking at scouting publication's affiliated prospect rankings is more informative of their player's prospect-tier.
You can shit on it all you want, but Yager was #14 OA pick and had a great D+1 year with 95 points in 57 points as the #1 center on a team that went to the Memorial cup. He was also a PPG player at the World junior. The kid looks like a very legit prospect to become a 2-way 2C and we need that. Considering McGroarty was gone, this was an unbelievably good return for Chevy. The fact he is a Western Canada kid and not a NCAA princess all the better.

Jetland162702

Pup-peroni Junkie
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
Yager has a long relationship with the Jets.
We should have saw this coming :sarcasm:

1724356667359.png

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
You can shit on it all you want, but Yager was #14 OA pick and had a great D+1 year with 95 points in 57 points as the #1 center on a team that went to the Memorial cup. He was also a PPG player at the World junior. The kid looks like a very legit prospect to become a 2-way 2C and we need that. Considering McGroarty was gone, this was an unbelievably good return for Chevy. The fact he is a Western Canada kid and not a NCAA princess all the better.

Yup. He possibly could top out as a 1C if things break right. We will juat have to wait and see.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
ok? has barely anything to do with my post. congrats you copied and pasted hockeydb boxscore stats.

the Pens pool is crap. so he should be #1, just like McGroarty will be if they did a re-vote.

read on actual league-wide prospect rankings, Yager is close to top 70-85 across a few sources , and McGraorty is a bit ahead. that's more informative of their current tier or levels rather than their team ranking.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Yup. He possibly could top out as a 1C if things break right. We will juat have to wait and see.
At this point he gives us a very legit center prospect picked in the 1st half of the 1st round in a strong draft year and then had a strong D+1 season gaining the experience of the World juniors and Memorial cup. It will be fun to watch him develop further and I'm already pumped about the World Juniors this year.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
This post gave me a:
IMG_7809.jpeg

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
At this point he gives us a very legit center prospect picked in the 1st half of the 1st round in a strong draft year and then had a strong D+1 season gaining the experience of the World juniors and Memorial cup. It will be fun to watch him develop further and I'm already pumped about the World Juniors this year.
Those stats definitely pass the sniff test. Big game experience is key for this age and he has a lot of that as well.

This trade request isn't ideal... but like a lot of chevy's forced moves it may end up working out for us in the long run if Yager hits

Reactions: KingBogo

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Right from the Gauthier play book. We've done well with American college kids but we may have to think twice moving forward given the current level of entitlement from some of these kids.
Agreed, I'd be very reluctant going forward with the top NCAA bound kids, as they have their new play book to force where they want to play.

Aphid

Oct 19, 2014
Not familiar with Yager as I don't watch or read about prospects as much as other people do. It seemed to be some people were really high on him before the trade. Then the trade happened and he is still a good player but just not as good anymore and, according to one guy on X, he only has 50% chance of making the NHL based on something or other. Give me a break.

Seems like a really good trade as centres are mostly always in demand as it's hard to find a good one. Good wingers are a dime a dozen. Still too bad it came to this but this Yager guy looks skilled and can become an integral part of the team.

Reactions: Jets 31

BoneDocUK

Recovering hockey fandoc
Oct 1, 2015
Yager actually sounds a lot like Bryan Little from the reports. Really well rounded. Good shot, instincts, skating, vision. Just nothing spectacular.

Looking forward to learning more about him.

Great comparable. If the Jets can extend Ehlers and Perfetti and Lambert etc continue their trajectories then a solid all-situations 2c who can jump in and support Scheifele is exactly what they need.

Little took plenty of flack, often unfairly — but they’ve been trying and failing to replace him ever since.

Anyway, great to have another strong prospect to cheer for. Will make the long foggy winters’ nights fly by just that little bit faster

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Not familiar with Yager as I don't watch or read about prospects as much as other people do. It seemed to be a some people were really high on him before the trade. Then the trade happened and he is still a good player but just not as good anymore and, according to one guy on X, he only has 50% chance of making the NHL based on something or other. Give me a break.

Seems like a really good trade as centres are mostly always in demand as it's hard to find a good one. Good wingers are a dime a dozen. Still too bad it came to this but this Yager guy looks skilled and can become an integral part of the team.
like with most of these non-elite or non-generational prospects, trying to predict how a ~10 year NHL career when they are in 18-20 years old will lead to a wide array of opinions.

fans will overhype their prospects when they're on their team, and first sign of distress or they want out & eventually traded the opinion usually flips along with it. Same thing happened here with McGroarty.

I agree with you though. I think this is a pretty even & what i was expecting of a trade. 14th overall for 14th overall year apart. McGroarty is bit ahead in league-wide rankings but 1 year older. Yager playing C is also a big TBD at the NHL too like with most prospects.

IMO bit ridiculous to start declaring winners/losers right now.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Great comparable. If the Jets can extend Ehlers and Perfetti and Lambert etc continue their trajectories then a solid all-situations 2c who can jump in and support Scheifele is exactly what they need.

Little took plenty of flack, often unfairly — but they’ve been trying and failing to replace him ever since.

Little unfortunately just started aging out as a real good player just as the Jets were hitting their contention window. He went from the real good two-way 60 plus point guy literally a year before to a 45ish point C 2017-2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad