Confirmed with Link: Rutger McGroarty to Pittsburgh for Brayden Yager

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I know fans want the truth but Chevy has to keep that between he and the agent/player. He knows the jets are small market Canadian team. Does the organization no good to slam the player.

Definitely something from the player side. These college kids seem to want something.
he said they never gave him any answer as to why he wanted out despite many questions...

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
he said they never gave him any answer as to why he wanted out despite many questions...
I thought this was very telling. At least be straight forward with your reasons. I do have the Oct 20 Pens game at the top of my list for my season ticket draft. Let the boos flood the building. That would be a great game for an all arena chant.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
The guy sounds like one hell of an actor. Seems like he was front and center and all the rage that camp in his positivity and interactions with fans.

Might want to consider a career switch.
It might have been genuine at the time.
I’m betting his parents and agents poisoned the well.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I referenced the Athletic in my last post. Were you to look at their recent top 100 from just 30 days ago, Lambert is ranked 57th. Yager is 58th.

So were we to place Yager into our boards prospect ranks, it would be 1A or 1B like many here are suggesting.

the OP was saying Yager is top on the Pens pool but just being on top of a bad pool doesn't solely showcase their ranking across the league. Affiliated prospects, which is what you posted, is more reflective of the prospect tier rather than team rankings b/c some teams have v bad pools, like the Pens. so easier to stand out. McGroarty for instance will be #1 on the Pens pool.

there's a variety of different sources on affiliated prospects, it seems like McGroarty and Yager are usually 20-30 spots from each other

ie: Elitepropect released a top-100 a week ago, Yager was 85th Rutger was 56th. so a 29 spot difference. Rutger was 33rd and Yager was 58th in Athletic's (25 spots). not sure which one is better but seems like the disparity is similar.

don't want to get this misconstrued as shitting on Yager, this is essentially the trade i had pegged out in June for McGroarty. a prospect, or draft pick of roughly equivalent selection spot.

Reactions: Buffdog

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Question - is Rutger primarily a center or wing? Did some digging but didn't get a definitive answer.

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
This means nothing as they have an absolute terrible system.

Brayden Yager is the jewel of the prospect pipeline, and represents the real possibility of a top-six winger who can score and distribute the puck

The Jets have multiple forward prospects expected to be top-nine impact players. Colby Barlow, Chaz Lucius and Rutger McGroarty are projected to be middle-six players, with high probability.

I'll take the jewel with top-six potential over the high probable middle-six any day.

Well I hope he likes playing with Sid for a couple of years because that org is likely going to fall off a cliff once him, Letang, and Malkin hang em up.

He will probably tell Kyle Dubas that the team is no longer a good fit.

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I liked McGroarty because I thought he might bring some grit and compete to our top 6. I liked the idea of a power forward although that remains to be seen if he plays that style. That being said LW was the least of our needs. Yager is a natural centre and that is certainly the greatest of our needs. He is 6’ which checks that box, he does not have a thick frame but I’m sure he can fill out enough.

Chevy had a gun to his head and once again he did a good job under the circumstances. His interview shed some light about McGroaty’s position and that was a bit weird. Honestly, I really can’t ask for much more than Chevy delivered here.

Summary: Today is a pretty good day to be a Jets fan.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I liked McGroarty because I thought he might bring some grit and compete to our top 6. I liked the idea of a power forward although that remains to be seen if he plays that style. That being said LW was the least of our needs. Yager is a natural centre and that is certainly the greatest of our needs. He is 6’ which checks that box, he does not have a thick frame but I’m sure he can fill out enough.

Chevy had a gun to his head and once again he did a good job under the circumstances. Honestly, I really ask for much more than that.

Summary: Today is a pretty good day to be a Jets fan.
Well said PS. Echoes my feelings. At this moment in time, it doesn't really matter to me if McGroarty or Jager inches each other out in some prospect ranking. They are both on the same tier of prospect with Yager having the potential to meet the bigger long term need. To flip McGroarty for another high end prospect I'm great with that. Also my biases have shown through a few times, but I like that Yager is a western Canadian kid and will be representing Canada at the next World Juniors.

BE Friend

Jul 16, 2021
WPG won out on the marketing name as well. I guess the US kid didn't like the idea of min 3 years in the PEG. We have some lindros in the air. WPG will make PITT a feature game for ticket cost now so another win.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
the OP was saying Yager is top on the Pens pool but just being on top of a bad pool doesn't solely showcase their ranking across the league. Affiliated prospects, which is what you posted, is more reflective of the prospect tier rather than team rankings b/c some teams have v bad pools, like the Pens. so easier to stand out. McGroarty for instance will be #1 on the Pens pool.

there's a variety of different sources on affiliated prospects, it seems like McGroarty and Yager are usually 20-30 spots from each other

ie: Elitepropect released a top-100 a week ago, Yager was 85th Rutger was 56th. so a 29 spot difference. Rutger was 33rd and Yager was 58th in Athletic's (25 spots). not sure which one is better but seems like the disparity is similar.

don't want to get this misconstrued as shitting on Yager, this is essentially the trade i had pegged out in June for McGroarty. a prospect, or draft pick of roughly equivalent selection spot.
I'm not sure how those rankings are weighted, but are they comparing Rutger at D+2 vs Yager at D+1?

If we were truly evaluating the two, we'd have to evaluate Yager now vs Rutger from a year ago

Rutger was PPG player in his D+1 year vs tougher competition that'll Yager, who was 1.66 PPG in his D+1 season

Reactions: KingBogo

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
WPG won out on the marketing name as well. I guess the US kid didn't like the idea of min 3 years in the PEG. We have some lindros in the air. WPG will make PITT a feature game for ticket cost now so another win.
Agreed. The Pens are always a good draw but October 20th is now a guaranteed sell out on a Sunday afternoon during football season.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I'm not sure how those rankings are weighted, but are they comparing Rutger at D+2 vs Yager at D+1?

If we were truly evaluating the two, we'd have to evaluate Yager now vs Rutger from a year ago

Rutger was PPG player in his D+1 year vs tougher competition that'll Yager, who was 1.66 PPG in his D+1 season
They likely do not disclose their full methodology or framework. I'm guessing they use some combo of pts equivalency in league or draft year. And watching them.

but honestly not going to get in the weeds of something with huge margin of errors like prospect rankings.

But at the time they were traded it seems like Mcgroarty is ahead but obviously shit changes year to year as prospects rise and fall etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad