Confirmed with Link: Rutger McGroarty to Pittsburgh for Brayden Yager

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm not sure how those rankings are weighted, but are they comparing Rutger at D+2 vs Yager at D+1?

If we were truly evaluating the two, we'd have to evaluate Yager now vs Rutger from a year ago

Rutger was PPG player in his D+1 year vs tougher competition that'll Yager, who was 1.66 PPG in his D+1 season

I think it's logical for Rutger to be rated a bit higher as he has an additional year of development under him. Imo both have tracked similarly at the same stages of development.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
They likely do not disclose their full methodology or framework. I'm guessing they use some combo of pts equivalency in league or draft year. And watching them.

but honestly not going to get in the weeds of something with huge margin of errors like prospect rankings.

But at the time they were traded it seems like Mcgroarty is ahead but obviously shit changes year to year as prospects rise and fall etc.
They're close enough to make me happy, and the fact that Yager is a natural centre makes me think we did fine here

I may have thought differently had Chevy traded for another winger or LHD

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
They're close enough to make me happy, and the fact that Yager is a natural centre makes me think we did fine here

I may have thought differently had Chevy traded for another winger or LHD
14th overall a year apart is basically equal value as a trade pieces imo, which is what I was anticipating. I've got 0 clue if he will be a C or not. Everyone gets excited for Centers over the years, yet the only top 6 we have developed from a teen is scheifele.

Tbh I'm more wait and see with prospects these days than creaming my pants like some around here.

Reactions: Buffdog

MelikeJets

Feb 18, 2019
Winnipeg
so rutgers camp didn't give chevy an answer to why he wouldn't sign and said "it just doesn't feel right"
As in waaaaaa I want a top 6 role noooow, waaaaaaa

I'm going to stand by what I said when all this stuff came out about him wanting a roster spot, I thought he did not want to play in Winnipeg and I think it's even more true today
I agree 100%

Reactions: bustamente

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Ok here goes.

Pretty hardball “Guathier” move but Rutger will now be playing in the NHL this season full stop. Mission accomplished for his camp.

If he fits in and is productive then was he wrong? Everyone is out for themselves, including organizations so business is business.

I don’t have to like it.

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm glad he went to Pittsburgh.

He'll have 2 seasons of being a 9-10 seed missing the playoffs as Crosby and Malkin fade off into the twilight of their careers and then he'll spend his prime 24-27 year old seasons as the Penguins bottom out completely and rebuild.

Hopefully that will "feel right" for him.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Ok here goes.

Pretty hardball “Guathier” move but Rutger will now be playing in the NHL this season full stop. Mission accomplished for his camp.

If he fits in and is productive then was he wrong? Everyone is out for themselves, including organizations so business is business.

I don’t have to like it.
I just like that Chevy can play the game without flinching. You don't want to be here fine, I also know you don't want to go back to school. So lets work this out. Chevy makes it known his player is available but this is what I want and I'm not moving off that. We got 2 years to make a deal so just let me know when you want to this discuss further. I've had my criticisms of Chevy but there is absolutely no panic in his game.

MelikeJets

Feb 18, 2019
Winnipeg
Ok here goes.

I don’t have to like it.
True none of us has to like it but ** rant begins ** -honestly this action can only spell disaster for cities like Winnipeg, Buffalo, Ottawa, Calgary, etc. The NHL likes to talk parity but honestly that is b.s. when you have cities with low or no taxes, better weather, entertainment (hello F@#k Vega$) and players dictating where they will and won't play. I still think it stinks to allow players to have trade clauses with lists of cities where they won't go. If this keeps up eventually there will only be 3 Canadian teams in the league ** end rant**

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
Given the timing of this trade. I wonder if we were ever in on Laine?
and if McGroaty was part of the deal.

Probably not, but i guess we'll never know...

Reactions: thereturn

Royale With Cheese

----
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
I just like that Chevy can play the game without flinching. You don't want to be here fine, I also know you don't want to go back to school. So lets work this out. Chevy makes it known his player is available but this is what I want and I'm not moving off that. We got 2 years to make a deal so just let me know when you want to this discuss further. I've had my criticisms of Chevy but there is absolutely no panic in his game.
The man has a very tough job sometimes. Think of his challenges vs guys like Zito in Florida.

Keeps a cool head, he’s patient, and he doesn’t throw guys that want out under the bus. Most of all, he makes pretty good moves when his back is against the wall.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I'm fine with this - wrote the other guy off a few weeks ago
A 1st round natural center as a prospect is good enough for me - who knows if it works out but the other guy is not part of any picture I was looking at and we need more centers in the bank if we ever expect to develop at least one.
Very happy with this move and look forward to watching him through development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad