Speculation: Russo on the status of Kaprizov’s contract negotiations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
So is it safe to speculate that BG release this contract offer to Russo? If so, that's not cool man. Very petty and not going to help get a contract signed.
I do not think BG did directly.

I do think someone in the front office did. I have no idea if that was with BGs permission as Russo being in the know exceeds BGs tenure.

But given Theonous realeasing fake KHL stories to Weekes and Serivelli I probably wouldn't hold it against BG if he did.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there are more than 2 people on the planet privy to these details.

Oh I agree but if I was GM and found out an actual offer was leaked and it was spot on, I'd be on a mission to find out who and I don't see the Agent releasing it cause it only make them look bad.

sandybridge

Welcome Taylor
Jun 24, 2018
You have no basis for this.
The reports we've had have been 8x9 and then 5x9. So 8x6 is coming from where?
We have reportedly put things on the table that are more than fair.

Those numbers were probably planted by Guerin among his loyal media following.

Anyways, he probably should have offered 8 X 11.5 or something like that to be truly market value.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Oh I agree but if I was GM and found out an actual offer was leaked and it was spot on, I'd be on a mission to find out who and I don't see the Agent releasing it cause it only make them look bad.

Leaks are part of the business. There is absolutely no way to stop it. People by nature want to talk and will when they have info.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I do not think BG did directly.

I do think someone in the front office did. I have no idea if that was with BGs permission as Russo being in the know exceeds BGs tenure.

But given Theonous realeasing fake KHL stories to Weekes and Serivelli I probably wouldn't hold it against BG if he did.

As GM, you would know who has the information. If this kind of stuff leaks, you have a problem. And that would also tarnish Russo's relationship with BG moving forward in the future.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Leaks are part of the business. There is absolutely no way to stop it. People by nature want to talk and will when they have info.

Leaks to me are done on purpose at times or they are leaked/released right before the deal is about to become official. Call it respect from the GM to a credible reporter like Russo to give him a chance to release it first. I would believe that agents do it more than GM's.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
As GM, you would know who has the information. If this kind of stuff leaks, you have a problem. And that would also tarnish Russo's relationship with BG moving forward in the future.
Probably depends on the GM. Fenton probably would have went balisitic. Or Lou.

But it's not like it puts the org in a bad light.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The original post showing you the source of the $9M offer literally said, explicitly, as the first sentence, that Guerin declined to reveal the information.

Other people have access to this information, and Russo has access to them.

I'm having more respectful conversations with others on this so I'll pass on the one between you and me... especially after how aggressive you got.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Unless you run things like Lamoriello leaks tend to be a fact of life in situations where there's high public interest. Guerin might have leaked it intentionally, it might have slipped out against his will, or he might have looked the other way while knowing it'd get to Russo. There's no telling.

I'm not keen on leaking offers as a negotiating tactic, but in this particular case it'd strike me more as fighting fire with fire, personally.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm having more respectful conversations with others on this so I'll pass on the one between you and me... especially after how aggressive you got.

Yeah, you're clearly passing, I can tell by how you responded

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Unless you run things like Lamoriello leaks tend to be a fact of life in situations where there's high public interest. Guerin might have leaked it intentionally, it might have slipped out against his will, or he might have looked the other way while knowing it'd get to Russo. There's no telling.

I'm not keen on leaking offers as a negotiating tactic, but in this particular case it'd strike me more as fighting fire with fire, personally.

I sit here and ponder... I wonder the accuracy rate or effectiveness or motives of who released it to Russo. Leaks happen but it's rarely done by mistake.

Reactions: sandybridge

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I sit here and ponder... I wonder the accuracy rate or effectiveness or motives of who released it to Russo. Leaks happen but it's rarely done by mistake.
I'm sure whoever told Russo didn't do it by accident. I'm less sure that there's good reason to assume it was some kind of strategic move by the team. People like to gossip.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yeah, you're clearly passing, I can tell by how you responded

Don't be offended, learn from it. We just had a conversation that didn't work out. You got a little riled up bud. I'm not the type to hold grudges so I'll forget about you and we can try again on a different conversation at a later date with this in the past.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm sure whoever told Russo didn't do it by accident. I'm less sure that there's good reason to assume it was some kind of strategic move by the team. People like to gossip.

So someone released it with zero motives just cause they think Russo is a nice guy and they felt he needed to know or they felt that we needed more gossip topics as fans. Not sure I'm buying that one.

Anyways, thanks for the information. It's an interesting contract battle for sure. After 55 NHL games.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Sometimes people just like to feel important. Or the thrill of being a spy.

Could be the assistant to the assistant GM that Russo. Russo texts them "hey, hear anything about the Kaprizov deal?"

And he responds with the details to feel important. Or to get a free subscription to the athletic...

Chrisinroch

Jan 5, 2013
The Golden Triangle
Weak material that lacks no substance. Basically flaming. The number # problem on internet chat forums.

Reply back with some reasoning please.
His point, and the point you refuse to accept, is that it isn’t smart for the Wild GM to give up leverage by doing what you offer as the “obvious solution“. It’s dumb

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
His point, and the point you refuse to accept, is that it isn’t smart for the Wild GM to give up leverage by doing what you offer as the “obvious solution“. It’s dumb

I don't think you got the entire picture. If that rumor is true and Kaprizov don't want to accept it. That's when bridge deals start to become plan B. A bridge deal is not always detrimental to the player/team relationship. But you and others hate the idea and your emotionally tied to the 5 year rumored deal you feel is factual information. I'd be careful about that.

Jump on my back all you want. I'd go for the 1 or 2 year bridge after he rejects the 5+ term offer. And then as soon as you can extend him (12 months or less of when the contract expires), and you get to see more NHL sample size, you engage again on the long term deal. You can't just force the deal you want. There are two sides.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
They do it deliberately to manipulate public opinion. And it works, their leaks paint Guerin as a saint and Kaprizov as a money grabbing scoundrel. It's naive to think otherwise.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
So someone released it with zero motives just cause they think Russo is a nice guy and they felt he needed to know or they felt that we needed more gossip topics as fans. Not sure I'm buying that one.

Anyways, thanks for the information. It's an interesting contract battle for sure. After 55 NHL games.
I have no idea who talked to Russo or why. I just don't consider the info getting out to be some kind of malfeasance on the team's part.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I have no idea who talked to Russo or why. I just don't consider the info getting out to be some kind of malfeasance on the team's part.

It's also not really relevant to anything. It doesn't matter who leaked it or why.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
They do it deliberately to manipulate public opinion. And it works, their leaks paint Guerin as a saint and Kaprizov as a money grabbing scoundrel. It's naive to think otherwise.
Could be. Can't imagine who they would've picked that move up from this summer.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
What were the point of Kaprizov fake KHL leaks in your opinion?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

If Russo is credible, I'll trust you. However, even the credible ones are not 100% accurate and he's human and got a job to do. After hearing all of this, I find this to be a rumor and not the entire truth. Just a hunch and could be completely off.

* 5 years and $9M is a good offer for someone who has played 55 NHL games. Some Wild fans are thinking he don't want to play for the Wild if that offer is accurate and he don't want to sign it.

* Like I said, how does Russo find that out and who leaked it to him. What are the motives? To make Kaprizov and his agent look bad? Well, if the Wild fans are worried about Kaprizov not wanting to stay with the Wild, that's one way to piss off the player. Release an offer he refused to take.

So.. My guess is that offer is not entirely accurate.

Chrisinroch

Jan 5, 2013
The Golden Triangle
I don't think you got the entire picture. If that rumor is true and Kaprizov don't want to accept it. That's when bridge deals start to become plan B. A bridge deal is not always detrimental to the player/team relationship. But you and others hate the idea and your emotionally tied to the 5 year rumored deal you feel is factual information. I'd be careful about that.

Jump on my back all you want. I'd go for the 1 or 2 year bridge after he rejects the 5+ term offer. And then as soon as you can extend him (12 months or less of when the contract expires), and you get to see more NHL sample size, you engage again on the long term deal. You can't just force the deal you want. There are two sides.

You seem like a nice guy. You just don’t appear to understand that your “perfect solution” doesn’t give Guerin or the Wild the one thing that the team wants…

Kk locked up on the team for a number of years or barring that, a contract w term left at the end so as to be a tradable team asset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad