Speculation: Russo on the status of Kaprizov’s contract negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Likely signing bonuses..NTC/NMC type stuff, this is probably close but as stated, not done.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
If you're referring to me as the "original OP", then no I'm not trying to be anything.

Someone posted a "confirmed signing with link" thread on Kaprizov and it wasn't true. I went through the radio hit and found what he said. Just trying to provide the right info.
Lol No no. Not you, the other guy with the creepy avatar from said previous thread.

:laugh: the above really highlights that internet likes mean nothing.

Last edited:

P10p

May 15, 2012
If you're referring to me as the "original OP", then no I'm not trying to be anything.

Someone posted a "confirmed signing with link" thread on Kaprizov and it wasn't true. I went through the radio hit and found what he said. Just trying to provide the right info.

Sounds like he is talking about the guy who posted this as confirmed with a link

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
“They’re not close, but they’re very close.”
That clears things up.

The quote reminds me of this meme.

51f4c858677694baa8bebb8a605b430d.gif

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Russo also said that KK might sign with the KHL so he can practice and get a few games in should the negotiations drag on, but said that such a contract would have a NHL "out clause". I thought no KHL contracts had out clauses?

Reactions: GuerinUp

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
I did some digging and this is what was actually said by Russo about Kaprizov:

"They're not close but they're very close"

"They've compromised on the term... they're at 5 years"

"The money is pretty close... it's in the 9 range"

"Now they have to work on the structuring"

Start at 1:41:55

Paul Allen | iHeartRadio

this is the same beat writer that keeps saying if the deal didnt get done he might sign a deal with a russian club with "an out clause" which out clauses are specifically forbidden in khl contracts... :rolleyes:

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Russo also said that KK might sign with the KHL so he can practice and get a few games in should the negotiations drag on, but said that such a contract would have a NHL "out clause". I thought no KHL contracts had out clauses?

this is the same beat writer that keeps saying if the deal didnt get done he might sign a deal with a russian club with "an out clause" which out clauses are specifically forbidden in khl contracts... :rolleyes:
You guys would definitely know more than me about how credible Russo's information is.

This thread is about providing the real quote + source and not the false information in the other thread.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
You guys would definitely know more than me about how credible Russo's information is.

This thread is about providing the real quote + source and not the false information in the other thread.

oh hes credible generally speaking if hes not speculating. but the whole khl out clause commentary is just stupid... :rolleyes:

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
to be fair Kapri is a legit bonafide elite winger.

I think the wild wanted a long term extension and Kapri a mid one.

From my perspective 5 year is perfect, being the Wild i wouldn't have been comfortable with an 8 years extension with big money, yes he's a rookie but he's also already 24 year old. at 5 X 9M you're basicly stricly paying for prime years and you have the chance to reevaluate his game at 30 year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad