OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Dont panic, they are 2-0!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
We are 3-0 and people are still complaining about Tomlin? Lol. I have criticized him in the past, but he's won me over these last couple years. The guy has done a great job at squeezing the maximum amount of wins with some abysmal QB play. Yes, I know he hasn't won a playoff game in a long time, but overall he is a top 5 coach in the league, imo.
Show me where what I said was wrong.

Playing not to lose is not a recipe for winning a Superbowl or in the playoffs. His playoff record is not bad luck. It is built into the game plan.

Nice to win these games. But it does not change the truth of my comment.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
It's almost like using the middle of the field is a benefit. Been so long since I've seen it I had almost forgotten.
Yeah and if teams are going to play more cover 2 then you get free completions over the middle of the field.
Neither Indy or Dallas can stop the run could be a muth and ca3 party against them no line backers.
I do think Wilson should play over Jefferson

Reactions: MrBrightside

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
Who is the poster here that repeatedly assured us that Fields would be a disaster? He may not turn out to be the answer but he's been doing what he needs to do to win. A huge improvement from last year.

He must be miserable seeing Fields succeed.

Reactions: JTG and T1K

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Who is the poster here that repeatedly assured us that Fields would be a disaster? He may not turn out to be the answer but he's been doing what he needs to do to win. A huge improvement from last year.

There were several; I could send you a screenshot of my ignore list

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I hate that we've got to go most of the season before we see this team get really tested. Having a lot of young growing players and a murderer's row on defence might even get me mildly optimistic in this season where apparently most teams have forgotten how attack works.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
So Fautanu needs surgery for a dislocated kneecap and might be back for the playoffs, guess I'm mildly grateful Jones can fill in on the right side now.

• Wow
Reactions: JTG

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Fields has been tremendous. They need to find a #2 that demands a bit of respect. That would help the cause. We also have to upgrade RB. Najee and Warren have been pedestrian, IMO. They really need to find a dynamic RB for this offense in the offseason. I like the general offensive concepts, but I don't think it has the right pieces.

Another game where I thought Frazier and Benton were noticeably great. Jackson and Elliot were awesome adds to the secondary. Nick Herbig may make Highsmith expendable. This dude is a superstar.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019

Fields is improving but this schedule was always going to be qb proof through the bye. They were going to be 6-2 regardless of the QB.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Fields has been tremendous. They need to find a #2 that demands a bit of respect. That would help the cause. We also have to upgrade RB. Najee and Warren have been pedestrian, IMO. They really need to find a dynamic RB for this offense in the offseason. I like the general offensive concepts, but I don't think it has the right pieces.

Another game where I thought Frazier and Benton were noticeably great. Jackson and Elliot were awesome adds to the secondary. Nick Herbig may make Highsmith expendable. This dude is a superstar.

Pretty much nobody was more dynamic than Warren last season though. Hell, both were top 5 for yards after contact.

If those guys are looking utterly pedestrian then I'm looking at the concepts ahead of the players.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
How about a big CLAP for B Jones??? Dude balled out. People forget the kid was raw coming out of college and still hasn't played a full NFL season.

Bust?? lol
Very solid game from him yesterday no question. We needed it and he delivered!

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Fields is game managing decently well. Better than I expected. But no one is worried about him, really. Shut down the run and force him to win with his arm, and the offense doesn't really do much. Fortunately for this offense, the defense is top class.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad