GDT: Rangers @ Devils - 7 P.M. - MSGSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I nailed Jarry on 3 goals in that game, but the only one I remember was the Lazar goal which was softy of the night. I think he gave up a couple of so-so ones late, but I can’t even remember which ones anymore.

Regardless of if Jarry had a chance or not, what if we were clinging to 3-2 line we did this game? You trust Vitek not to melt down?

He’s been terrible this year and he’s been terrible since last February.

It depends on the game he's having. He looked really good tonight before the 10 min mark in the third, man. The Vesey goals were trash but how many good saves did he make before the weird Panarin goal went in? I know he's below average-average NHL goalie but 10 mins left I did think they'd hold on. Like I said before, Bratt scores on the breakaway and the game is done. The ref calls Lazar getting slashed and maybe they end the game there on the powerplay. Vitek + team needs to play that fourth goal better but I'm not gonna lose sleep over goals like that when I've seen worse shit from the same guy if that makes sense. I even said the Rags would charge knowing how great the Devils are in 3v3.

Very little, which is why there weren’t changes made. We also got fine goaltending last season. The two big guns that were like the dream scenarios (that were never an option) have stunk so far this season too (Hellebuyck, Saros).

The only guy who was linked to us that has been decent is Gibson and that contract was utter aids before coming into the year. It still is, it's the Erik Karlsson deal for goalies.

TF1970

May 9, 2021
I nailed Jarry on 3 goals in that game, but the only one I remember was the Lazar goal which was softy of the night. I think he gave up a couple of so-so ones late, but I can’t even remember which ones anymore.

Regardless of if Jarry had a chance or not, what if we were clinging to 3-2 line we did this game? You trust Vitek not to melt down?

He’s been terrible this year and he’s been terrible since last February.

I’d be more pissed if this was a loss against a mediocre opponent or some team like the Caps

Oh that’s right, Vitek flushed points to them already this year.
You know lindy is going to start Vanacek next game. Just know it.

• Haha
Reactions: NJDevs26

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
This hurts me to say it….outbid Edmonton for Jake Allen.

Tbh, I don't even hate that. He's also had runs in the playoffs with St. Louis before they looked better than Vitek with WSH and us last year. Although, that's saying absolutely nothing.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You know lindy is going to start Vanacek next game. Just know it.
I doubt it. He usually only sits him after trash games like this one.

But if Schmid loses, even it’s 1-0 then you know they’ll throw Vitek back out there against the Jackets.

Unless this is finally Lindy’s breaking point and the hypothetical 1-0 loss is Schmid needed to get the benefit of a run from Ruff.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This hurts me to say it….outbid Edmonton for Jake Allen.
I don’t even think Jake Allen is better than Vitek, but he just may be here. Because like I keep saving, last playoffs was the point of no return for Vitek. This season is at least showing that to be the case after he got a chance to prove himself and come back from that.

You can send Vitek to another team and he may be .920% the rest of the season (which may bring him to last year’s .911%) but it doesn’t look like it’s happening here ever again.

Reactions: jkrdevil

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Well the GM certainly has his work cut out. Because whether it is this year or next or whenever, what the hell is out there to fix the goaltending?
If he can’t improve with a game changer in goal then he has to make sure the defense is lock down tight

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Tbh, I don't even hate that. He's also had runs in the playoffs with St. Louis before they looked better than Vitek with WSH and us last year. Although, that's saying absolutely nothing.
I’m not an Allen fan, but he is .911 this year. He had an awful year last year but was above .900 before that. They just need .900 goaltending.

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't put this on vitek. Would Akira have been better? Maybe. He did matchup great in the playoffs - and i was surpised he didn't start. I think it was just a good game that we lost out on.

EDIT Speaking actual English language
If Akira wasn’t going to be better than allowing two shit goals then he shouldn’t be in the NHL

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
It was not ‘filled with blue’ tbh, but if I’m being fair the 35% of Ranger fans were definitely more amped up than the 65% of us

Because they've been off for 5 days + playing the team that knocked them out. I remember being absurdly amped in 2009-2010 when we played the Canes first time and shellacked them.

Reactions: NJDevs26

TF1970

May 9, 2021

4:26 timestamp

Yep just as I predicted. So quick to just point to the Bratt breakaway that “could have made it 4-2”. So sick of the woulda-shoulda-coulda after every single loss like this. How about their goalie made a big save at a crucial moment?

• Love
Reactions: glenwo2

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I’m not an Allen fan, but he is .911 this year. He had an awful year last year but was above .900 before that. They just need .900 goaltending.

Yeah, I don't hate it. I saw a rumor with EDM looking into him too, Fitz probably has to act fast on that.

TF1970

May 9, 2021
If he can’t improve with a game changer in goal then he has to make sure the defense is lock down tight
That’s a systematic issue. And I don’t think you are gonna see much turnover on the backend even next season. Because every guy is either under contract for a bit or just extended. Your top six next season I would be willing to bet is gonna be the same as now but swapping Nemec in for Smith and Miller. Then maybe someone new comes in for that 7th spot. I doubt smith is back and who knows on Miller prolly not for a likely 7D role.

TF1970

May 9, 2021
And the thing with any goalie move is the wrong one will be gone. It’ll be Schmid to Utica and trash Vanacek still here.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Yeah, I don't hate it. I saw a rumor with EDM looking into him too, Fitz probably has to act fast on that.
Montreal has three goalies right now. Friedman reported tonight Edmonton was scouting them. Marty does have a relationship with Allen from St. Louis if that influences anything.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Yep just as I predicted. So quick to just point to the Bratt breakaway that “could have made it 4-2”. So sick of the woulda-shoulda-coulda after every single loss like this. How about their goalie made a big save at a crucial moment?

The 4th goal was a comedy of errors, 1v3 should never happen and then the Vitek rebound was absolutely tragic. And yes when you have a chance to lead 4-2 late and the guy who's missed a breakaway before this year that led to a meltdown did it again then you can say something like that. And Bratt's one of our biggest offensive pieces, we just ignore a miss like that? I'd chew out Hughes for doing that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad