GDT: Rangers @ Devils - 7 P.M. - MSGSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Louskoolaid89

Let's Go!!!
Oct 14, 2017
Dammit that was a tough one to take. 50 mins of good hockey. That faceoff loss goal just shifted everything in the wrong direction. This season will be a challenge. 4 point swing slipped out of our hands. VV was what I expected. Schmid should have started. Almost got by. Just not good enough. Fan behavior was good on both sides from my experience. Love my seat location quick to the exit and out in time before traffic hit.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He just won in PIT the other night at 5-2 against a team who just won 5 straight. The Devils left the door open for the Rags in the late third and they ran right through. It happens. I'm not gonna shit my pants over this game. Get Nico, Timo and maybe you get a goalie who can be 1B to Vitek like maybe an Ingram. Maybe the Predators trade Askarov if they sign Saros super long term.
Somehow I wonder what happens if Jarry doesn’t melt down and that game is 3-2 in the dying minutes and not 5-2.

Sound familiar?

Reactions: TF1970

TF1970

May 9, 2021
Well the GM certainly has his work cut out. Because whether it is this year or next or whenever, what the hell is out there to fix the goaltending?

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
We are one game back from the FLYERS for second place in the division, with two games in hand

8-7-1 is actually not bad considering our injuries. Team needs to build from here and what better stretch to do that than next week against Detroit, Lumbus and Buffalo

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
Schmid has been one of our best players against the Rangers in four games he’s played, yet he has to sit because he got blown up in Winnipeg (who none of our goalies play well against) and because Vitek allowed only 2 goals and won against a team that every goalie on our team/entire team seems to play well against no matter what. And then he puts Vitek back out there to get humped by the Rangers again.

f*** you Lindy

I’ve been already grumbling about this for days now; so this isn’t something I just jumped on tonight.

I don't put this on vitek. Would Akira have been better? Maybe. He did matchup great in the playoffs - and i was surpised he didn't start. I think it was just a good game that we lost out on.

EDIT Speaking actual English language

Reactions: My3Sons

TF1970

May 9, 2021
We are one game back from the FLYERS for second place in the division, with two games in hand

8-7-1 is actually not bad considering our injuries. Team needs to build from here and what better stretch to do that than next week against Detroit, Lumbus and Buffalo
If they go 3-0 in that stretch I’ll shut up for a while.

denverdevil

Nov 13, 2007
Denver, CO
Does anyone really have any confidence anymore in Vitek winning games 3-2 or even 4-3? It’s almost like we have to put games away 5-2 if we wanna win with him only allowing 2 or 3 goals.

Yeah, maybe you don’t have confidence in Schmid doing it either, but Schmid has been sheltered. He’s played no worse than Vitek and hasn’t even started a third of the games.

It’s bullshit.
Definitely not counting on any 3-2 wins.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Somehow I wonder what happens if Jarry doesn’t melt down and that game is 3-2 in the dying minutes and not 5-2.

Sound familiar?

What goal did Jarry give up the other night did he have a chance on besides the first 2 that you can argue? Lol. Vitek completely blew up. We know this guy is a headcase in net, it's nothing to be stressed over. 10 mins left, he was completely outplaying Shesterkin and then he became Blackwood. He's arguably the team mascot in terms of how they've played this year, not a good full 60 at any point. They'll get it together, their superstar looked like a superstar with Curtis Lazar/Nate Bastian as his linemates. I'd be more happy with that. People are just overanalyzing this loss because who we lost to. If we lost to an average East team, we'd all be looking at the positives for the most part.

Camille the Eel

Lmao, some of you guys haven't been fans for a while or forgetting the bad stretches a regular season have. Probably the same people who thought they'd miss after the rough stretch in December and January last year.
It’s more how we look. How we’ve been playing. It’s not just the play in goal either. Admittedly we’ve had bad injuries. (And we don’t know if Nico may not be gone for the season, as concussions are so hard to predict). But we’ve been playing exactly like the 500 team that we are. That’s not going to be good enough. The Pittsburgh game gave me hope that we can play a high pace, aggressive, team puck possession game. What we saw tonight however gave me pause. I thought the Rangers were better than us tonight. They played their 1 - 3 - 1 and let their talent tell and if their goalie hadn’t let in two soft ones in the first period would have beaten us pulling away. We don’t look as good so far as we were last year. Not sure why.

TF1970

May 9, 2021
Have to score 4-5 to win every night. Which is exactly why this could be a big problem season. I find it hard to believe the GM would allow this season to slip away if it comes to that without doing something. But who knows.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
It’s more how we look. How we’ve been playing. It’s not just the play in goal either. Admittedly we’ve had bad injuries. (And we don’t know if Nico may not be gone for the season, as concussions are so hard to predict). But we’ve been playing exactly like the 500 team that we are. That’s not going to be good enough. The Pittsburgh game gave me hope that we can play a high pace, aggressive, team puck possession game. What we saw tonight however gave me pause. I thought the Rangers were better than us tonight. They played their 1 - 3 - 1 and let their talent tell and if their goalie hadn’t let in two soft ones in the first period would have beaten us pulling away. We don’t look as good so far as we were last year. Not sure why.

I have more of a feeling that they're about to be last year's Devils soon, their defense and 5v5 woes won't last the whole year. The roster is too good on the skater side.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Well the GM certainly has his work cut out. Because whether it is this year or next or whenever, what the hell is out there to fix the goaltending?
Very little, which is why there weren’t changes made. We also got fine goaltending last season. The two big guns that were like the dream scenarios (that were never an option) have stunk so far this season too (Hellebuyck, Saros).

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What goal did Jarry give up the other night did he have a chance on besides the first 2 that you can argue? Lol. Vitek completely blew up. We know this guy is a headcase in net, it's nothing to be stressed over. 10 mins left, he was completely outplaying Shesterkin and then he became Blackwood. He's arguably the team mascot in terms of how they've played this year, not a good full 60 at any point. They'll get it together, their superstar looked like a superstar with Curtis Lazar/Nate Bastian as his linemates. I'd be more happy with that. People are just overanalyzing this loss because who we lost to. If we lost to an average East team, we'd all be looking at the positives for the most part.
I nailed Jarry on 3 goals in that game, but the only one I remember was the Lazar goal which was softy of the night. I think he gave up a couple of so-so ones late, but I can’t even remember which ones anymore.

Regardless of if Jarry had a chance or not, what if we were clinging to 3-2 line we did this game? You trust Vitek not to melt down?

He’s been terrible this year and he’s been terrible since last February.

I’d be more pissed if this was a loss against a mediocre opponent or some team like the Caps

Oh that’s right, Vitek flushed points to them already this year.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Unfortunately they (the Preds) aren’t doing that deal. Plus we don’t have a first to give.

I would settle for us playing team D more like we did in Pittsburgh. I thought we were too soft and passive tonight when the Rangers had the puck.
You can make the pick a conditional pick around what San Jose would get. Like if the make the conference final the pick becomes a 2nd (since the 2nd to San Jose becomes a first) and Nashville picks up a 1st next year.

Yeah, I don't see these bubble teams like the Flyers + Caps keeping it up either.
The Flyers with their goaltending are not going to hold up (especially if say Carter Hart ends up going to Edmonton).

Reactions: Camille the Eel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad