GDT: Rangers @ Devils - 7 P.M. - MSGSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
And the thing with any goalie move is the wrong one will be gone. It’ll be Schmid to Utica and trash Vanacek still here.
If they move for a goalie now and VV doesn’t go back the other way for cap, then they probably dump him at the deadline. Schmid would go back to Utica in the interim, but it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Fair enough, y'all know more than me about it! I'm not even that pressed about it, it's just annoying.

Meh, it is what it is. We're the youngest team in the area for NHL fans. Rangers/Flyers have generation of fans, we're just getting a full generation of fans becoming Devils fans. I'm sure there's been a ton of changing too with how bad the Devils have been.

TF1970

May 9, 2021
If they move for a goalie now and VV doesn’t go back the other way for cap, then they probably dump him at the deadline. Schmid would go back to Utica in the interim, but it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world.
If we’re hypothetically Montreal, they ain’t gonna want another goalie back.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Losing the game like that with 2 minutes left just can’t happen. I really thought we had outgrown that stuff last year. The mismanagement of the situation was so bush. You lock down the one point no matter what. How do you let that happen?
I'd ask how Vitek can't absorb a rebound, but it's out of the question to ask that, cause Vesey was open for the rebound and Marino missed the coverage.

When a forward or D-man makes a mistake before a goal, it's on the player.

When a goalie makes a mistake, and another mistake happens because of that initial goalie mistake, it's still the player's fault.

Goalie's can't be held accountable for anything but five hole, unscreened goals from a distance. They can never be seen as the last line of defense, the play in front of them has to be 100% mistake free for them to be dinged on a goal.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
Losing the game like that with 2 minutes left just can’t happen. I really thought we had outgrown that stuff last year. The mismanagement of the situation was so bush. You lock down the one point no matter what. How do you let that happen?
And letting a guy like Vesey get a multi goal game. Just insanity.

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Considering ten forwards, I thought devils played a good game.

One face off and two bad rebounds sunk them

Id say we were better team until the wheels fell off with the Vesey goal.

In hindsight it would have been nice to capitalize on that Bratt breakaway.

I went to take a piss and missed the rangers tying goal so I cannot comment on that yet. Didn't go through highlights.

TF1970

May 9, 2021
Already sick of hearing the coach say “we have to be better defensively” yet nothing there changes. We gonna be sitting here in April hearing it still?

TF1970

May 9, 2021
How many times are ya gonna talk about missing the playoffs in one hour in November? Probably a good idea to go watch something funny on TV for a bit and relax lol
Just can’t get it out of my head of how pathetic and embarrassing it will be should it happen. But you aren’t wrong on that last part. This meddling shit is for the birds, it’s much easier when they are either really good (i.e last season) or horrific (the many seasons before). Because then I’m either all in or all out.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I understand. There is no one out there, goalie, that Fitz could get that helps us considering the long-term objectives. Big problem. I have long said the Devils have had goalie problems but I never saw a fix in this last off season, Fitz is in a hard place. I have also pointed out that our defensive play hasn't been great. when we play good D we win most of the time.
I still have faith.
i think Fitz should go hard for this Dustin Wolf kid ive read great things about out of Calgary

i hear in response 'hes young, why would they move him?' - but the way i see it is if they have so much term to move out, and for not too much most likely, they are going into a deep rebuild

by the time theyd be coming out he would likely have signed bridges or himself to UFA already. if they think they can do it by all means; but id like to see Fitz pony up for a younger goalie about to break out or semi-proven (but one with high pedigree)

Reactions: Maine Fan

TF1970

May 9, 2021
Side not, you almost wish you could flip last seasons script with this year. Because I am sure we would actually have been fairly pleased with things at the moment if now was happening a year ago. And then this current season was how last season went up to now.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Just can’t get it out of my head of how pathetic and embarrassing it will be should it happen. But you aren’t wrong on that last part. This meddling shit is for the birds, it’s much easier when they are either really good (i.e last season) or horrific (the many seasons before). Because then I’m either all in or all out.
Weren't you the poster that said like 3 weeks ago you'd be tuning out until things change and that the team didn't deserve your time or something?

Really not trying to be a dick but you might need a break if it gets you this pissed off man, it's not worth it in the bigger picture!

TF1970

May 9, 2021
Yes, so you send Schmid down temporarily until you can trade VV to someone else (maybe Edmonton will then take him!).
Idk who wants a goalie making $3 mil or whatever it is with another year of term who has bad numbers.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I just hate the “transition year” that is always thrown around. Missing the playoffs is not at all acceptable regardless of what it is or isn’t.
lol transition year? Wtf does that mean?team has a win now window no transition years

TF1970

May 9, 2021
Weren't you the poster that said like 3 weeks ago you'd be tuning out until things change and that the team didn't deserve your time or something?

Really not trying to be a dick but you might need a break if it gets you this pissed off man, it's not worth it in the bigger picture!
Meh I’m not sitting here raging by any means. It just aggravates the absolute shit out of me and I have a billion thoughts on it all that pop into my head.

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
If Akira wasn’t going to be better than allowing two shit goals then he shouldn’t be in the NHL

I could say Shesterkin gave up 2 shit goals. Should he be in the NHL?

EDIT We went toe to toe with a good team. We nearly came out on top - we didn't. I thought we would get blown out. I hate losing to the Rangers but i'm not awfuly upset tonight.

Reactions: Better Call Sal

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

He’s not wrong and really that’s what bugs me about this team the most, they’ve clearly gone backwards since last year despite Luke and Toffoli being upgrades on the guys they replaced. While the Rangers definitely look like a real contender this year - so much with the us and Carolina are going to own this division meme

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Have to build off this game and use it as fuel. As much as it sucks to lose, we didn't play a bad game tonight, at all. Especially when we consider the lineup and what we were missing. Build off of this!

Also, Vitek needs to be better. But that's a tough ask. He's a painfully average goalie and we're going to have to deal with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad