GDT: Rangers @ Devils - 7 P.M. - MSGSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
It’s bullshit and I have no clue why it’s happening.

Is the plan to shelter Akira and not play him hardly at all? Then what the f*** is he doing here? Why was he one of the two goalies penciled in for the NHL team this year?

Just play more of him. Vitek is clearly damaged good here.

It’s clear that we’re now in irreconcilable differences.

My wife assures me no one has called her yet.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I remember the goalie that went 3-1 with a .951% and 2 shutouts against them in that series.

Good times.

I wonder where he was tonight? I think I saw a guy that looked like him sitting on the Devils bench in a ball cap, opening and closing the door.

I don't totally hate the Vitek start tbh, I get the whole Schmid mentality part but if you want to argue that he makes the 4th save on Vesey. Do you think he makes the other big saves that Vitek made? We're in an awkward spot in net, I'm sure Fitz will make a move if it continues to sink us.

TF1970

May 9, 2021
At the end of the day, I am just pretty aggravated that they are chasing a playoff spot. Idc what month it is. And it is not exactly reassuring that there is literally no news about hischier whatsoever.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I’ll always disagree. Grown men should not need another grown man to tell them to do their job that pays them very well. They should know by now what to do.

100%. That concept always seems weird to me. These guys are pros that are paid millions. Just go out and play hard. Thee coach shouldn't have to tell you that.
No group of players is self motivated enough to give 100% for all 82 games of a long season and take all games as seriously as division and area rival games. Everyone needs ‘reminders’ from time to time, but if they happen too often that’s when the problems start

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
At the end of the day, I am just pretty aggravated that they are chasing a playoff spot. Idc what month it is. And it is not exactly reassuring that there is literally no news about hischier whatsoever.

You got spoiled from last year, there's maybe 4-5 locks right now in the whole league. And being a lock means nothing, Seattle and Florida beat top 5-10 teams last year in game 7's last year.

Reactions: Devs3cups

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
You got spoiled from last year, there's maybe 4-5 locks right now in the whole league.
You’re not wrong that most teams won’t lock up a playoff spot by February but this team has the talent to be one of those locks and right now they’re screwing around enough that February on will be squeaky bum time if they don’t get it together by then.

Reactions: TF1970

TF1970

May 9, 2021
You got spoiled from last year, there's maybe 4-5 locks right now in the whole league. And being a lock means nothing, Seattle and Florida beat top 5-10 teams last year in game 7's last year.

Exactly why I wish the scripts were flipped between last season and this one. Imagine if this was the first 16 games last season? We would probably have been pretty pleased.

Detroit, Columbus, Buffalo, and Islanders to end the month. Take care of business.

7/8 points minimum or it’s not good enough.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
We still can’t act like they were missing their best player too.
When you have the best goalie in the league, a guy on absolute fire with a 1000000 game point streak and a defense that's already clicking, missing a top D-man hurts less than having to fill 2 top 6 spots with bottom 6 depth.

Reactions: Nocashstyle

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
You’re not wrong that most teams won’t lock up a playoff spot by February but this team has the talent to be one of those locks and right now they’re screwing around enough that February on will be squeaky bum time if they don’t get it together by then.

I mean, there was a point last year where they were f***ing around in December/January and still finished with a 100 point team. Also go look at the teams in the playoffs for American Thanksgiving last year, the Rags weren't one of them and still finished behind us with 100+. I get the expectations rose in the offseason but they'll be fine. I'm usually one of the more harsher posters on this board but I don't see anything that gives me grave concern besides in net which will 100% be made a trade for if it's costing us games.

TF1970

May 9, 2021
When you have the best goalie in the league, a guy on absolute fire with a 1000000 game point streak and a defense that's already clicking, missing a top D-man hurts less than having to fill 2 top 6 spots with bottom 6 depth.
Add on to that a coached in structure to fall back on when you need it.

I mean, there was a point last year where they were f***ing around in December/January and still finished with a 100 point team. Also go look at the teams in the playoffs for American Thanksgiving, the Rags weren't one of them and still finished behind us with 100+. I get the expectations rose in the offseason but they'll be fine. I'm usually one of the more harsher posters on this board but I don't see anything that gives me grave concern besides in net which will 100% be made a trade for if it's costing us games.

I am hoping you are right on all of that. Including the last part.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Superstars win you games in the regular season, Jack almost did it versus a top 3 team tonight. Stay calm, they're going to rip a winning streak here soon granted they don't get decapitated by injuries.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Exactly why I wish the scripts were flipped between last season and this one. Imagine if this was the first 16 games last season? We would probably have been pretty pleased.

7/8 points minimum or it’s not good enough.
It’ll definitely be annoying when we have the year this year we were supposed to have last year after having the year last year we’re supposed to have now

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
It’ll definitely be annoying when we have the year this year we were supposed to have last year after having the year last year we’re supposed to have now

Meh, progression isn't straight forward in this god forsaken sport. Look at Vegas, I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in the GDT pages before. Look at how many times Colorado went from first overall to bubble team to first overall, shit happens.

denverdevil

Nov 13, 2007
Denver, CO
And then we’ll have the year we had 6 years ago, followed by a 2004, back to back 1987s, then that magical 2033.

TF1970

May 9, 2021
Still can’t believe they didn’t even get this game to overtime. It’s very difficult for me to continue being patient until they can get Hischier (and now Meier) back. And the other issue is how the hell long is it gonna take him to get back up to speed?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't totally hate the Vitek start tbh, I get the whole Schmid mentality part but if you want to argue that he makes the 4th save on Vesey. Do you think he makes the other big saves that Vitek made? We're in an awkward spot in net, I'm sure Fitz will make a move if it continues to sink us.
I don’t think there is a move to make this year, short of trying out Daws after he’s cleared or Kallgren or Kinkaid lol. And we know they suck.

Maybe Schmid gives up 6 tonight? I just don’t feel Schmid has been given enough rope and Vitek is on pace for 56 starts/62 games this year.

He hasn’t even really outplayed Akira. Not sure why he’s being heavily leaned upon.

I would keep him away from the Rangers though. Akira may be in the Rangers heads, but the Rangers are clearly in Vitek’s head.

Then again, Vitek basically sucks against more teams than not since February, unless they’re either horrible offensive teams or we play close enough to a perfect game defensively. And even a pretty good defensive game and he’s still giving up at least 2 goals.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Once again, why are we sitting here 16 games in and Vitek is on pace for 56 starts and 62 games played? Why has he gotten over two thirds of the starts? It surely can’t be because he’s been much better than Akira.

And why give the Rangers the satisfaction of throwing their favorite blow up doll out there yet again? They’re probably more angry he got benched after game 2 than he is.

We literally have to play close to a perfect defensive game just for him to allow only two goals. Or we have to play some team that sucks and can’t score like Chicago and Minnesota.
They were splitting starts until Schmid shit the bed bs the Caps and then they won 3 in a row. That bought him starts. Probably see Schmid get a run unless he craps out again.

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I don’t think there is a move to make this year, short of trying out Daws after he’s cleared or Kallgren or Kinkaid lol. And we know they suck.

Maybe Schmid gives up 6 tonight? I just don’t feel Schmid has been given enough rope and Vitek is on pace for 56 starts/62 games this year.

He hasn’t even really outplayed Akira. Not sure why he’s being heavily leaned upon.

I would keep him away from the Rangers though. Akira may be in the Rangers heads, but the Rangers are clearly in Vitek’s head.

Then again, Vitek basically sucks against more teams than not since February, unless they’re either horrible offensive teams or we play close enough to a perfect game defensively. And even a pretty good defensive game and he’s still giving up at least 2 goals.

It's the same coach who's playing Brendan Smith, maybe we just have to concede Lindy is an absurd troll with lineups, lol. And nah, if Schmid gives up 5-6+ after Vitek just beat the Pens, people would be equally upset. It was working for 50 mins, we can't be mad for the last 10 that much like I've been saying for the past 2 hours. That's just pure hindsight arguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad