GDT: Rangers @ Devils - 7 P.M. - MSGSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Okay so if they miss the playoffs are we still gonna be giving him a pat on the back for all his work?
Yeah, cause the team is built solidly for years to come with a lot of young impactful guys on the way. The team's window isn't closing if they don't do the playoffs. It just opened.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Saint Beaurivage

Jersey Shore
Nov 18, 2017
Nobody is going to like this but I am sleeping like a baby tonight. Yup, I am happy. I saw a team missing two of their better players outplay and out-hustle the Rags tonight. The Rangers git lucky with a late timely Panarin goal. That Vesey goal was nonsense and pure luck.

This team is going to start putting it together. Wait for Nico and Timo. You watch, we will be one of the best teams in the league 2nd half of this season.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Lmao, some of you guys haven't been fans for a while or forgetting the bad stretches a regular season have. Probably the same people who thought they'd miss after the rough stretch in December and January last year.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Does anyone really have any confidence anymore in Vitek winning games 3-2 or even 4-3? It’s almost like we have to put games away 5-2 if we wanna win with him only allowing 2 or 3 goals.

Yeah, maybe you don’t have confidence in Schmid doing it either, but Schmid has been sheltered. He’s played no worse than Vitek and hasn’t even started a third of the games.

It’s bullshit.

TF1970

May 9, 2021
Yeah, cause the team is built solidly for years to come with a lot of young impactful guys on the way. The team's window isn't closing if they don't do the playoffs. It just opened.
I disagree. Missing the playoffs signifies a step backwards which does not equate to built solidly for years to come.

Reactions: johnny pierogi

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
I earmarked that he could get an $8m per season contract at the end of the season if he continued his development.

Now i dont want to offer him more than $4m per season and he could even be trade bait for a goalie.
I wouldn’t go that far. But I think the idea of him of ever being a “center” is done. He’s a winger who can ride shotgun to a good center.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Lmao, some of you guys haven't been fans for a while or forgetting the bad stretches a regular season have. Probably the same people who thought they'd miss after the rough stretch in December and January last year.
We're not even the only good team that's been disappointing so far. Carolina, the always trendy Cup pick has a whopping 2 more wins than us. Edmonton, a preseason Cup pick by many, was a complete dumpster fire the first 12 games of the season.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
The teams defense is bad. Goaltending has been the bigger issue though.
I don’t agree. Definitely not one of the worst defensive teams in the league, likely right in the middle of the pack. Certainly won’t be the narrative when (if) the goalies stabilize. It would be nice to have our Selke candidate center back, seems important.

Reactions: Devs3cups

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Does anyone really have any confidence anymore in Vitek winning games 3-2 or even 4-3? It’s almost like we have to put games away 5-2 if we wanna win with him only allowing 2 or 3 goals.

Yeah, maybe you don’t have confidence in Schmid doing it either, but Schmid has been sheltered. He’s played no worse than Vitek and hasn’t even started a third of the games.

It’s bullshit.

He just won in PIT the other night at 5-2 against a team who just won 5 straight. The Devils left the door open for the Rags in the late third and they ran right through. It happens. I'm not gonna shit my pants over this game. Get Nico, Timo and maybe you get a goalie who can be 1B to Vitek like maybe an Ingram. Maybe the Predators trade Askarov if they sign Saros super long term.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Also, Dawson Mercer had an awful game tonight.

I’d say uneven more than awful. He had some nice plays in transition and was skating with some purpose. They said he didn’t shoot well and his plays didn’t ultimately lead to much. Beyond that, name the third best forward on NJ. They have Jack and Bratt and after that it might be McLeod or Haula. They need Meier and Hischier to return and play well. Lazar was playing with Hughes. Lazar. Think about that.

Reactions: Devs3cups

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
We're not even the only good team that's been disappointing so far. Carolina, the always trendy Cup pick has a whopping 2 more wins than us. Edmonton, a preseason Cup pick by many, was a complete dumpster fire the first 12 games of the season.

Yeah, I don't see these bubble teams like the Flyers + Caps keeping it up either.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Schmid has been one of our best players against the Rangers in four games he’s played, yet he has to sit because he got blown up in Winnipeg (who none of our goalies play well against) and because Vitek allowed only 2 goals and won against a team that every goalie on our team/entire team seems to play well against no matter what. And then he puts Vitek back out there to get humped by the Rangers again.

f*** you Lindy

I’ve been already grumbling about this for days now; so this isn’t something I just jumped on tonight.

Reactions: My3Sons

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I don’t agree. Definitely not one of the worst defensive teams in the league, likely right in the middle of the pack. Certainly won’t be the narrative when (if) the goalies stabilize. It would be nice to have our Selke candidate center back, seems important.

They fell asleep mid third but they've sorta stabilized a bit defensively. Need Timo back somehow for Detroit so Lindy gets away with the 11-7 bullshit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad