GDT: R1G6 | Carolina Hurricanes vs New York Islanders | April 28th | 7:00 PM | F/2-1 OTL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
The first surge-poster response are emo-based (me included, with rationale). They were outcoached. The Canes were undermanned. This team played with so much passion, TONIGHT. They self-defeated. That's not an excuse; it's truth, and it pisses me off. Yes, this team lacks skill (and I'm sick of that). They had a window; this starts with leadership. Game 2 they could've taken a strangle hold. I'm truly pissed b/c they had a window.

I never had the confidence they would get that extra goal. CAR were undermanned; NYI were *pretty much healthy. Barzal was not at his peak. Sorokin, as his first experience as the primary starter, showed some weaknesses. He leans too much on the post, which opens him up right-side top shelf. His rebound control: if he's going to give them, make sure they are by the blueline. Brodeur relished with these. 'Waffle boarded,' aside. Marty intentionally

Very frustrating bc this was a winnable series, even with an avg. Sorokin.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
LOL. Barzal sort of took a shot at Lane in his postgame interview. I did not post this here at all in season but I was told Barzal was absolutely furious over Beau being traded and was being a Prima donna during his stint on IR. Take from it what you will but my source is reliable. IMO if true its totally unwarranted as trades are part of the game so if you're gonna lose your mind over a close friend being traded I don't know what to say

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
LOL. Barzal sort of took a shot at Lane in his postgame interview. I did not post this here at all in season but I was told Barzal was absolutely furious over Beau being traded and was being a Prima donna during his stint on IR. Take from it what you will but my source is reliable. IMO if true its totally unwarranted as trades are part of the game so if you're gonna lose your mind over a close friend being traded I don't know what to say

He was probably just pissed that we got such a useless player back that Barzal is stuck with for the next 8 years.

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011

Does anyone have that link? I don't see it on NHL.com

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
He has no trade protection next until 24-25. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him moved to his hometown Vancouver team (and he can link back up with Beau).

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005

That doesn't surprise me. He is very immature and it shows with how the refs treat him on the ice.

If he doesn't get his sh!t together, I would happily trade him to the Jets for Kyle Connor (or a similar player) if the other team is long on wings and short on centers.

Dobson also needs to get serious about hockey and get stronger. I think a four-year-old girl could knock Dobson off his pins.

For all of the complaints about the age of the team, it was ultimately failure by the younger players that killed them.

Guys like Nelson, Palms, Parise, etc. generally did what was expected of them.

But Beau (and there is a reason his soft arse is gone), Barzal and Dobson need to step up next season.

ALEXIVICH CHULKATURI

Dec 5, 2010
HILTON HEAD ISLAND
My fault my fellow brothers. I put $150 on them to win the cup at 50-1. First time I ever did it, also I was growing a playoff beard, the itching is dreadful. Forget about rebuilding, can’t do that with a Barzal and Horvat contract. You have to pay Sorokin as well and hope that we can infuse some young talent to replace the older warriors who are going to be entering their second journey in life. Bailey, Parise, Clutterbuck, Cizikas, and Martin will all be gone surely by the end of next year if not sooner. I’d also replace Lambert with a more experienced coach. This is New York for God sakes, we can’t have a learn on the job kind of coach. Laviolette and even Gallant should be an option. Don’t give me no Travis Green nonsense. It was a good year guys, faced a lot of adversity via injuries and still made the playoffs. Went 0-2 in overtime and got bounced in the first round. We weren’t embarrassed by any stretch of the imagination. It’s an old car. Let’s fix the brakes, get a wheel alignment, new tires, new windshield wipers, new paint job, shampoo the seats, and get an air freshener cause we’re not getting a new car. Kale Nehta.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
That doesn't surprise me. He is very immature and it shows with how the refs treat him on the ice.

If he doesn't get his sh!t together, I would happily trade him to the Jets for Kyle Connor (or a similar player) if the other team is long on wings and short on centers.

Dobson also needs to get serious about hockey and get stronger. I think a four-year-old girl could knock Dobson off his pins.

For all of the complaints about the age of the team, it was ultimately failure by the younger players that killed them.

Guys like Nelson, Palms, Parise, etc. generally did what was expected of them.

But Beau (and there is a reason his soft arse is gone), Barzal and Dobson need to step up next season.

Horvat, Lee, Pelech, Martin, Clutterbuck were all garbage this series. I dont see how you can say the younger guys were the reason they failed. Barzal clearly wasnt 100%. Dobson struggled, he needs to hit the weight room this offseason.

Reactions: Glory Days and MJF

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Horvat, Lee, Pelech, Martin, Clutterbuck were all garbage this series. I dont see how you can say the younger guys were the reason they failed. Barzal clearly wasnt 100%. Dobson struggled, he needs to hit the weight room this offseason.

I am not just looking at the playoffs. I am looking at the entire year where Martin had a solid season and Clutter was good when healthy.

Pelech appears to be hurt again, because he looked off, but he was probably just behind Sorokin in terms of importance over the entire season.

Lee is what he is. No surprises.

I am willing to give Horvat time to get adjusted. It is a big change. It is one thing to step in as a role player, quite another to be looked at as a game changer.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I just want to say I think the guys played their hearts out tonight. Emptied their tanks by the end of the 2nd period. Unfortunately, heart is this team’s best attribute. Talent has to win out. They just don’t have enough to compete with a team like the Hurricanes. So it’s an early exit from the playoffs. Time for the owners to clean house and let the next GM rebuild this team.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
And if everyone didn't see the importance of a player like Burns on defense, who just tortured the Isles this series, over a statue like Mayfield, well, I don't know what to tell you.

Burns kept pucks in the zone, jumped up when needed, and was noticeable despite being 100 years old.

The Isles have to find someone like that but ideally a few years younger. That would help offset the inevitable Pelech injury every season, takes pressure off of Dobson and be it Aho or Bolduc, help the PP, transition, possession, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad