GDT: R1G6 | Carolina Hurricanes vs New York Islanders | April 28th | 7:00 PM | F/2-1 OTL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Correct unfortunately many fans see through primrose glasses, and believe if you’re a pro you are just as good as every other pro. We all want a cup but everyone believes in a different way of attaining it. And if we had the horses we’d be playing at a higher level of skill, but we don’t and that’s why BT implemented a scheme that gave them the best chance of winning. Suffocating Defense limited opportunities and then counter punch wear them down with physical punishment. That was the recipe and those teams were better than this iteration! Many here just want to make the playoffs and should we continue to make the wildcard be prepared for similar results. Also to those disparaging Sorokin if he walks in another year you will then understand the talent he possesses when he’s got an offense to back up his brilliance! Goaltending is the holy grail of hockey.

If Sorokin does not re up in July they need to look into a trade ASAP. That is the only case where a rebuild happens.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
If Sorokin does not re up in July they need to look into a trade ASAP. That is the only case where a rebuild happens.
Why do I get this funny feeling he’s going back to the KHL? Based on absolutely nothing. Just a vibe.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Why do I get this funny feeling he’s going back to the KHL? Based on absolutely nothing. Just a vibe.

I don't see it to be honest. He gets to play against his best friend and live right near him throughout the year if he stays here. Sorokin willingly came over during COVID, knew he couldn't play, but stayed in quarantine essentially for months, and that's all I got.

If he does not commit to staying the second the clock ticks to free agency you move him though.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
I don't see it to be honest. He gets to play against his best friend and live right near him throughout the year if he stays here. Sorokin willingly came over during COVID, knew he couldn't play, but stayed in quarantine essentially for months, and that's all I got.

If he does not commit to staying the second the clock ticks to free agency you move him though.
For all Lou’s faults one of them isn’t signing his own players. I feel good that Lou will get Sorokin signed. Maybe even his parting gift to the Isles.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Welllllll........to win consistently a team needs to average or come close to 3 goals a game. Three of our losses: 1-2-1 goals. That pretty much requires any goaltender to be nearly perfect each game. Even the best of the best will have a hard time doing that consistently.

Will not even get started on what even an average power play would have done for us this series.

This is very true. Last I checked, Sorokin doesn't score. With that said, had he not given up those softies, perhaps they would've scored in OT. There were so many variables to led to their demise. They shouldn't have let game 2 or 6 get to OT, that's what I'm most frustrated about. When you have a lead in the 3rd, against a good team, you lock it down (and get an insurance goal). Seeing the Panthers knock off the best team ever today adds salt to the wounds.

Reactions: Lek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad