GDT: R1G6 | Carolina Hurricanes vs New York Islanders | April 28th | 7:00 PM | F/2-1 OTL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PolishPrince21

Mar 4, 2015
LI
I agree. But he still needed to be better this series. Andersen just outplayed him tonight. There’s lots of reasons why they didn’t win the series, him included.
You mean an aging team and a power play that basically didn’t score ? Yep those are the reasons. That pp goal with one second left was a joke.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Sucks. Devastated. I really dont have it in me to say much now. So I am just going to say this...what happened in the third period had nothing to do with skill, or effort, or talent. That was an intentional switch in strategy to sit back and play conservatively and it cost them the game, the series, who knows what else in the playoffs. We dominated the first two periods, we were all over them. The only problem from those two periods is we should have been up 2-3 goals. We had so many chances and could not build that cushion. But the truth is we were outplaying them and pretty significantly for 40 minutes. So, it needs to be asked why would you not if anything double down on that in the third. Why would you change everything that you were doing that was working for 2 periods and just give Carolina all the possession and momentum. So disappointing.

attilatheislander

It's Mr. Chicken Little to you!
Oct 10, 2014
California
Well, I was entertained this season.

Scoreboard watching (for me, at least) typically begins in February, but this year it was for a playoff spot instead of draft position. It was nice to see the Caps and Pens finally fail to make the postseason. The Horvat trade excited me, though now I fear he's Andrew Ladd 2.0. This series wasn't as lopsided as I feared.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I almost think the way they played that 3rd period might get Lambert fired if he was not gonna be fired anyway

Reactions: Strait2thecup

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
I almost think the way they played that 3rd period might get Lambert fired if he was not gonna be fired anyway

If ownership has a spine they will move on from Lou and co. Something tells me that isn’t happening given they let him trade for Horvat and sign him for 8 years.

Reactions: 12Dog

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
It’s not the Pp coach.
It's talent as well, but running around there on the PP like chickens without heads is a coaching structural problem for sure.

It can be both, and unfortunately the talent problem is much harder to correct than pink slipping some dumb f*** coaches.

GOLFWANG

Jul 20, 2007
I mean even if we didn't have the right personnel for the powerplay...try something different have them moving more try a different set up

how about we stop using the drop pass to get in the zone as that led to many giveaways this season and this series.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
I mean even if we didn't have the right personnel for the powerplay...try something different have them moving more try a different set up

how about we stop using the drop pass to get in the zone as that led to many giveaways this season and this series.

Took way too long to put Aho on the top unit. Dobson has been a train wreck for months…

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
I was more angry when the team was repeatedly f***ed by horseshit officiating

Now I feel like after game 1, just sorely disappointed

Good luck to the Canes fans, expcept that StorminBitch guy

Also, Horvat better get his shit together. He’s been trash for 99% of the time he’s been here

He was billed as a winner? He’s shown anything BUT being that since he’s got here

JayDog16

Jan 19, 2019
Sorokin got us here. He's also one of the reasons why we're going home. He was terrible this playoffs. Come at me but you know I'm right. An average goalie would've been just as good.

Reactions: Glorydays22

Chockey22

Jul 12, 2022
Decent first two periods, but inability to finish and pad the lead was the difference. This team just has too many mediocre players. Completely inexcusable third period. Worst part is, without much in the way of options to improve in the offseason, this might be the high point of the Horvat era

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Sorokin got us here. He's also one of the reasons why we're going home. He was terrible this playoffs. Come at me but you know I'm right. An average goalie would've been just as good.

The scouting reports on him early that he was gonna be prone to funky goals his first few years have absolutely been correct so far but the belief was once he got 4 or 5 seasons in the league he'd probably much like Hasek did become a top 3 goaltender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad