GDT: R1G6 | Carolina Hurricanes vs New York Islanders | April 28th | 7:00 PM | F/2-1 OTL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Fluke goal but never should have come to it. Isles needed to put this game away in the second period.

Keep looking for cheap speed in the off season. Upgrade on Mayfield.

Reactions: duster19

NittanyIsle

Feb 16, 2013
I was not a fan of trapping when up 1-0. You're at home, have balls and go for the throat.

Its a recovery from the 21-22 disaster, but thats all it was.

Im not really a huge fan of Lambert. I'm convinced Bailey is gone. But outside of that, we need a puck carrying defenseman who is a scoring threat ao freaking badly.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
The goals Sorokin let’s in vs what he stops is truly mind-numbing

Like how the f*** do you stop half the pucks he stops and how the f*** does he let in goals that literal traffic cones would stop

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
Don't care what anyone says.....Sorokin is a good/very good goalie in the regular season.

BUT HE IS NOT AN ELITE GOALIE come playoff time. You don't give up those bad angle goals.. How many times does this have to happen????

Reactions: Ghost of Arbour

PJGooch

Aug 2, 2005
After that 3rd period I barely even care about the as-expected trash goal by a trash Cane. Just a case study in absolute garbage coaching and execution.

Reactions: Ghost of Arbour

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Like I said earlier. These two teams deserved each other, all the goals were powerplay or weird ass goals.

Neither team played a good 60 minute game and neither could generate offense on their own.

Problem is, Carolina was down a bunch of top forwards and the Isles weren’t.

Sad.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
I was not a fan of trapping when up 1-0. You're at home, have balls and go for the throat.

Its a recovery from the 21-22 disaster, but thats all it was.

Im not really a huge fan of Lambert. I'm convinced Bailey is gone. But outside of that, we need a puck carrying defenseman who is a scoring threat ao freaking badly.

You expect Carolina to turn it up in the third, but the Islanders regressed to a conservative style without being in the position to do so.

heatedskates

May 25, 2009
Canada
I will be forever thankful for Lou coming to the Islanders and righting the ship with some stability and quality management. Lou and Trotz stopped the bleeding finally. However Lou at his age was always just a stop gap for that purpose, and its time for him to be sent out to pasture.

NittanyIsle

Feb 16, 2013
I can't keep watching this team. Make changes. Please.

I get we're pissed, but this is a far cry from what we were for a lot of the 90s and mid 2000s.

The problem is, it's a flawed team that recruited to a system and the guy who is the maestro of the system isn't here.

Lambert gives me Rierden vibes. I'm not quite sure exactly what he's good at.

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
Pelech and Dobson have regressed so much without Trotz.
I’ve been watching Pelech , I believe he’s playing with some type of injury he’s been getting knocked down a lot and doesn’t look strong. On the winning goal it looks like he could have thrown it off the boards. Dobson will develop into a quality player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad