OT: Who has the best chicken wings in town?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Best ones I've had were at PF Changs but it doesn't look like Edmonton branch has them on their menu.

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
I love Pizza hut wings too. I like that the container looks like a UFO.
I never tried them, but got damn, they were spicy as hell lol. Bites I guess. I don't know what the correct terminology is. I got them a few weeks ago and they were so good. I just door dashed Montanas 8 pack frikkin thing was like $24

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
winglets I like better you can taste the batter everything better

oh lord now I have to go swimming or hit the treadmill tomorrow

I think it's the breading it has a sweet brown kinda sugar taste into it. But great wings over..

Last edited:
Reactions: oilers'72

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Can you simplify for the dummies or less talented, how to make good BBQ wings?

Airfryer w/ basket.

Let wings sit in Coca Cola for 30min. Drain then add Tbl spoon olive oil, salt, pepper, cornstarch. Shake well.

Cook to 80%. Dump into your fave BBQ sauce,( personally i like half bbq/ half jerk), mix well, then back into basket and cook to crispy

BIeucheeseWithWings

Shlt Poster
Jul 9, 2022
Airfryer w/ basket.

Let wings sit in Coca Cola for 30min. Drain then add Tbl spoon olive oil, salt, pepper, cornstarch. Shake well.

Cook to 80%. Dump into your fave BBQ sauce, mix well, then back into basket and cook to crispy
patrice-oneal-creepy-sip-patrice-patrice-oneal-creepysip-patrice-oneal.gif

• Haha

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Airfryer w/ basket.

Cook to 80%. Dump into your fave BBQ sauce,( personally i like half bbq/ half jerk), mix well, then back into basket and cook to crispy

What does the Coke do to the chicken?

Now I have to go try them. Are they breaded?

Double breaded and double fried.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Does Edmonton have a Wingstop yet? Tried that for the first time here in America last year and it was life-changing...especially the garlic parmesan rub.

Reactions: Heavy Dee

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
Now I have to go try them. Are they breaded?
Yes sir. I thought they were good. Some are too damn big in size lol

It's a good tenderizer. Also allows the chicken to get a little more sticky imo

Lot's of Korean recipes will Coke in their prep
I have seen guys even throw burgee patties into pop before throwing them on the bbq. Some sort of mixture with soda in it.

When I make chicken breast, I always throw it in a salt and water solution to brine it. I will let it sit for hours in the fridge. Makes it softer

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010

I have seen guys even throw burgee patties into pop before throwing them on the bbq. Some sort of mixture with soda in it.

When I make chicken breast, I always throw it in a salt and water solution to brine it. I will let it sit for hours in the fridge. Makes it softer
I use Dr Pepper, Orange crush, root beer or ginger beer for my Korean ribs and beef jerky. Ginger beer is a great tenderizer too.

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019

Not directly related but…the best grilled steak I ever had was marinated in 7-Up overnight. Juicy, tender…perfect.
Was a ranch in Texas that catered to locals and road traffic.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
O2’s Millwoods used to give skimpy, tasteless chicken wings. Not sure what happened, but they revamped their menu and their wings now are absolutely great. Big, flavourful and usually crisped to perfection.

Besides that, 1st RND is great. Wings from any of the big BBQ joints are also great (Smoke BBQ & Meat).

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
O2’s Millwoods used to give skimpy, tasteless chicken wings. Not sure what happened, but they revamped their menu and their wings now are absolutely great. Big, flavourful and usually crisped to perfection.

Besides that, 1st RND is great. Wings from any of the big BBQ joints are also great (Smoke BBQ & Meat).
1st round is a good wing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad