Around the NHL 2023-24 - offseason part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
If there is expansion anytime soon, we would lose a good player or 2.
Assuming you get to protect six forwards not on ELCs it's pretty easy. J. Hughes, J. Bratt. T. Meier, N. Hischier, D. Mercer, and Cotter (at that price he is a steal). I don't see any team taking Palat, Haula (despite the drink stirring), or anyone else with a contract lasting longer than this season. On defense assuming you can protect three in addition to ELCs you'd have L. Hughes, D. Hamilton, and B. Pesce. I guess you lose one of Siegenthaler or Dillon? My guess would be a team would take Siegenthaler since he isn't expensive and has some term left.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Assuming you get to protect six forwards not on ELCs it's pretty easy. J. Hughes, J. Bratt. T. Meier, N. Hischier, D. Mercer, and Cotter (at that price he is a steal). I don't see any team taking Palat, Haula (despite the drink stirring), or anyone else with a contract lasting longer than this season. On defense assuming you can protect three in addition to ELCs you'd have L. Hughes, D. Hamilton, and B. Pesce. I guess you lose one of Siegenthaler or Dillon? My guess would be a team would take Siegenthaler since he isn't expensive and has some term left.
Sure just jettison Bastian to the sun again (jk).

Have they given a legit timeframe on what year they would want to bring in a team?

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Sure just jettison Bastian to the sun again (jk).

Have they given a legit timeframe on what year they would want to bring in a team?
Not that I've seen but I'm not a social media guy. I think I saw something posted here about upcoming meetings between the league and Houston and Atlanta potential ownership? If the ownerships really want in and each have the billion in cash burning a hole in their pocket I guess we could see expansion in the summer of 2026?

Omar Little

Omar comin yo
Jun 12, 2006
Massachusetts
I am liking all these comps in Power, Sanderson, Seider, Faber, etc. for Luke and Nemec.

Hopefully something around $8m - $8.5m for Luke and something like $6m - $7m for Nemec (assuming he doesn't get meaningful PP time)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad