WWE: Premium Live Events (not the big 4 shows)

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I know Paul is mindful of the length of shows and not needing everyone to make the card, but I feel like we can do better than 5 matches.

It sucks hard for the live crowd with the prices they have to pay, but I can't lie, I honestly enjoy these easy breezy PPVs.

Vince's PPVs were too damn longand AEW's PPVs are too damn long as well.

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
I assume Tiffany won't hold the briefcase for long. Seeing as how Nia has a match against Bayley at Summerslam.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Tonight was especially egregious since they wasted what seemed like a half hour in the middle of the show with the extended, self-serving behind the curtain non-sense and the improvised meandering John Cena announcement.

I'm pretty sure the Cena announcement was meant for Raw but realized they were running super fast so they sent him out there ill-prepared to make the announcement to fill time.
No chance at that. He’s not there unless he knows what he’s doing. He was at the press conference

Last edited:

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
No chance at that. He’s not there unless he knows what he’s doing. He was at the press conference
That's very bizarre then. His promo was a total mess and it took a lot of time.

Things like that are almost always on Raw. Hell, Raw was literally just in Boston.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That's very bizarre then. His promo was a total mess and it took a lot of time.

Things like that are almost always on Raw. Hell, Raw was literally just in Boston.
He doesn’t live in Boston, and whatever project he’s on may have been off for the holiday weekend, so this was the time to do it.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
He doesn’t live in Boston, and whatever project he’s on may have been off for the holiday weekend, so this was the time to do it.
I guess so. It was still very awkward and disjointed. It felt rushed and improvised, especially given the gravity of the announcement.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Thank goodness they had enough sense to not do the whole "when will Wrestler X cash in his MITB contract" for an entire year again.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I missed it
Van vliet asked about priest not kicking out and hunter smirked and said “because priest didn’t kick out.” Then shifted focus very briefly to the referee and how he wants to have a conversation with him to know what he saw that nobody else did. When very clearly there will be no such conversation.

And then he heaped tons of praise on Priest for a great match, being a great champion and how much he deserves his spot right now. It was just a great response and I’m sure everybody in the back took notice. It felt like the boss was going to bat for his guys after a somewhat rough, but also entertaining and hard fought show

Reactions: Jussi

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

Loa might have legit had his bell rung here which might explain his later botch.

Word is the kickout botch in the WHC match was because Priest was hurt.
But you’d think if there was gonna be a kick out, wouldn’t Seth have flinched because he’s expecting the last second jolt? Idk it was weird. Priest also starts shaking his hands after the 2 count as if to say “i just took a huge bump but I’m good.” Even though he didn’t take a huge bump, and it was a very delayed reaction by him.

Whatever the case, they pivoted just fine. The match was much better than expected, the shenanigans with the cash in were fine. They pushed through and told the story they needed to tell.

Hell, the whole show was botchamania, but it didn’t take away from the action at all for me. I really enjoyed this one

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I didn't watch main event, mainly I already knew what outcome would be...

But seems like ppl are saying Jacob Fatu came off as the more important person

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Loa might have legit had his bell rung here which might explain his later botch.

Word is the kickout botch in the WHC match was because Priest was hurt.
To me it looked like Priest was briefly knocked out, when he opened his eyes, it seemed like he didn't know where he was. I know what that's like because I think it was in 2001, I had a minor bicycle accident where my head collided with little girl. I was coming out from an underpass with a known dangerous right upward turn immediately after and she and her friend covered too much of the road. It felt like I was knocked out for a second or two when I got up. I got 6 stitches for my left ear lobe (she probably had something sharp in her hair), which was close to getting torn off and funnily enough saw the girl exciting the medical center with her mom while I was waiting to get treated. She seemed fine after the crash and seemed fine there.

Reactions: TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I didn't watch main event, mainly I already knew what outcome would be...

But seems like ppl are saying Jacob Fatu came off as the more important person
They all looked pretty strong. Big E was praising JF in the post show media thing, so maybe that’s why everybody is on the Jacob Fatu train today

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
They all looked pretty strong. Big E was praising JF in the post show media thing, so maybe that’s why everybody is on the Jacob Fatu train today
I thought the match was actually pretty good. Nothing overly special but I wad sports entertained. Jacob had like 2 cool spots? I thought he had the best showing of the BL members but honestly it wasn't anything too special. As someone who hasn't seen any if his work, they've done a great job hyping him up, but I wasn't blown away by his first match.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I think the tag match at Backlash was a lot better than the 6 man tag last night.

I didn't mind the 6 man tag and knew it would go on last, but was expecting more.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
But you’d think if there was gonna be a kick out, wouldn’t Seth have flinched because he’s expecting the last second jolt? Idk it was weird. Priest also starts shaking his hands after the 2 count as if to say “i just took a huge bump but I’m good.” Even though he didn’t take a huge bump, and it was a very delayed reaction by him.

Whatever the case, they pivoted just fine. The match was much better than expected, the shenanigans with the cash in were fine. They pushed through and told the story they needed to tell.

Hell, the whole show was botchamania, but it didn’t take away from the action at all for me. I really enjoyed this one

I know Punk poopooed the idea a month ago, but how don't you do Drew vs Punk I'm HIAC at Bad Blood?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Fatu definitely looked like a big deal. His first spot was no selling Orton's draping DDT which was a cool looking spot.

Also ended the match with a Whisper on the Wind, which is kind of crazy for a dude his size.

But he didn't do much else that was crazy. He just has amazing presence and was super noticeable as a result. He comes across like a legit psycho

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I think the tag match at Backlash was a lot better than the 6 man tag last night.

I didn't mind the 6 man tag and knew it would go on last, but was expecting more.
I wasn’t expecting much for the main event. It was fine i guess. The purpose was just to establish the new bloodline as strong competitors, and they did exactly that

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I know Punk poopooed the idea a month ago, but how don't you do Drew vs Punk I'm HIAC at Bad Blood?
I don’t even know when that show is, but that’s a match that makes too much sense. I agree.

Drew, Punk, and Rollins, fortunately can all be written into feuds with each other with next to no effort at all. The next 6-10 months for those 3 guys should be wild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad