WWE: Premium Live Events (not the big 4 shows)

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don’t even know when that show is, but that’s a match that makes too much sense. I agree.

Drew, Punk, and Rollins, fortunately can all be written into feuds with each other with next to no effort at all. The next 6-10 months for those 3 guys should be wild.

It's the PPV after summerslam and it's the anniversary of the first ever Hell in a Cell between Shawn and Taker.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
According to Fightful, Priest was supposed to kick out and botched it.

Ref didn't continue the count because Seth winning there would have caused a ton of problems. Both messing up the planned cash in as that match would be a 1v1 with DQs and they booked Punk's interference to be in a no DQ triple threat.

Bigger issue is the stipulation of the title match was if Priest lost he has to leave Judgement Day, which would have been a mess.

It was unfortunate but it doesn't sound like Priest has any heat on him for it

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
It would have been chaotic however if the ref counted to three then Drew’s music hit they could have done Seth vs Drew with a ref bump so he doesn’t see Punk attack Drew. Many moving parts on the fly would have been extremely challenging however they could have made it work.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
According to Fightful, Priest was supposed to kick out and botched it.

Ref didn't continue the count because Seth winning there would have caused a ton of problems. Both messing up the planned cash in as that match would be a 1v1 with DQs and they booked Punk's interference to be in a no DQ triple threat.

Bigger issue is the stipulation of the title match was if Priest lost he has to leave Judgement Day, which would have been a mess.

It was unfortunate but it doesn't sound like Priest has any heat on him for it
Don’t get how you forget to kick out unless he had his bell rung

Reactions: Jussi

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
It's unfortunate but the ref, Seth and Priest were all aware of the finish and what was happening and at least when the Drew spot would be coming had the ref signaled them "2 minutes guys" or w.e they do..

Priest should have kicked out. If he was out of it for a minute there Seth should have done the kickout that we've seen many times before making it appear the opponent got the shoulder up. Hell, had Drew even just walked out without music, Seth was facing the ramp. While dumb to just abandon a cover, he could have at least sort of got up to berate Drew and then avoid the false 3. They all only had a second or two to decide but part of rhe business is being on your toes and reaching when necessary

Sucks but shit happens. Took everyone out of the moment for sure.

Reactions: Fro

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
It's unfortunate but the ref, Seth and Priest were all aware of the finish and what was happening and at least when the Drew spot would be coming had the ref signaled them "2 minutes guys" or w.e they do..

Priest should have kicked out. If he was out of it for a minute there Seth should have done the kickout that we've seen many times before making it appear the opponent got the shoulder up. Hell, had Drew even just walked out without music, Seth was facing the ramp. While dumb to just abandon a cover, he could have at least sort of got up to berate Drew and then avoid the false 3. They all only had a second or two to decide but part of rhe business is being on your toes and reaching when necessary

Sucks but shit happens. Took everyone out of the moment for sure.

Yeah there were a couple instances over the course of the event that I noticed were blatant f*** ups... Priest not kicking out and the ref just flat out not smacking the ring for the 3 count left me thinking "well... that was a f*** up". Then, seeing Zoey Stark botch that move where she bounced off the ropes and ended up landing square on her head was another f*** up. She actually took another bad bump in that match too where she was lucky to have escaped injury.

Then, Cody jumped out of the ring and inadvertently knocked Tonga Loa in to the announcers table and knocking him out was another f*** up that I noticed too. The back of his head smoked the table and there's no way that it did not knock him out, even if only for a second or two.

Side note: Jacob Fatu is a beast. Those Samoans are a different breed of human beings I tell ya.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad