Post-Game Talk: Post-Tank Thread: Vancouver finishes w/ 3rd tank position (lottery odds in OP)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Order I absolute want to happen:

1. Vancouver (3)
2. New Jersey (11)
3. Columbus (4)
4. Toronto, ect...

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Great day indeed ladies and gets. :yo:

My heart is obviously set on Matthews, and I still think we should do whatever it takes to get him, but we should end up with a gem of a player regardless.

Nice to see positive reactions on here.

Frank Garrett

Duncan
Oct 3, 2011
Duncan Construction
If there is any good in this world...

draft.png

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
I don't want to be all negative, but I don't think people should have their hearts set on a top-3 pick. There is a pretty decent chance really that we end up picking 5th. Who should we be targeting in that scenario?

Haagen Dazs

Mar 23, 2016
The NHL has already proven themselves to be a colluding, manipulative "old boys" club. I don't think they decide on who gets the actual picks but I would imagine that they have an "optimal outcome" in mind and would be quite capable of manipulating the situation towards their desired end.

All this new video review ******** is an example of how they are getting their greasy fingers into every aspect of the game. They can now "manage" games from a comfortable distance, affecting the outcome of seasons. CBJ comes back from 3-0 against the hawks?? You're damned straight I'm covering myself in tinfoil.

Yeah I'm sure their "optimal" outcome was having Edmonton draft first every year just so they can get pulverized by the media and have to redo their entire draft system......:shakehead

coolboarder

Mar 4, 2010
Maryland
All I can hope that the Canucks land one of the top 3 in the lottery pick. I mean, the Canucks is overdue for a first overall pick when they were robbed a first overall pick in 1970 by a stupid wheel that caused some confusion in the first place. If this year first overall is a bust then I don't want this pick. All I can say, I really hope that the Canucks get a superstar out of top 3 pick.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I feel like the following top five have a very good possibility of being home runs.

Matthews
Laine
Puljajarvi
Dubois
Chychrun

So, if we pick anyone else, or end up with the 6th.... that will be disappointing.

LickTheEnvelope

Weird time to be a Canucks fan 2024
Dec 16, 2008
Sidney, formerly Vancouver
I don't want to be all negative, but I don't think people should have their hearts set on a top-3 pick. There is a pretty decent chance really that we end up picking 5th. Who should we be targeting in that scenario?

Probably Dubois, Chychrun or Tkachuk IMO. Can do a bit of a wait and see as Tkachuk and Dubois are still playing and having good playoff runs so far.

LickTheEnvelope

Weird time to be a Canucks fan 2024
Dec 16, 2008
Sidney, formerly Vancouver
I feel like the following top five have a very good possibility of being home runs.

Matthews
Laine
Puljajarvi
Dubois
Chychrun

So, if we pick anyone else, or end up with the 6th.... that will be disappointing.

I know he's on a stacked team but Tkachuk is having quite a good playoff run in London right now with 8 goals and 16 points in 7 games so far, 3rd in OHL playoff scoring behind Dal Colle and Watson.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
My suicide watch draft order.

1. Edmonton
2. Boston
3. Caglary

Boston would be first for me. I could still find a little humour in Edmonton winning it again, and easier to swallow with them finishing so low. But the Bruins barely missing the playoffs on the last day and swoop and take what we've been looking forward to for 2 months (or more)? That would be un-BEAR-able.

Haagen Dazs

Mar 23, 2016

Matthews
Laine
Puljajarvi
Dubois
Chychrun

Don't underestimate Sergachyov, I think he has way higher upside then Juolevi. I don't understand why ppl here think Benning is even targeting Juolevi, Benning doesn't care about hockey IQ, he cares about big and fast players that can...rip it....which is what Sergachyov does.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Don't underestimate Sergachyov, I think he has way higher upside then Juolevi. I don't understand why ppl here think Benning is even targeting Juolevi, Benning doesn't care about hockey IQ, he cares about big and fast players that can...rip it....which exactly what Sergachyov is.

At 6, Serg is a maybe for me. Chychrun and Dubois both have to be off the board for me to entertain the idea. I love Serg, though.

Haagen Dazs

Mar 23, 2016
At 6, Serg is a maybe for me. Chychrun and Dubois both have to be off the board for me to entertain the idea.

I completely agree with you Zombo, this is for a theoretical if we fall to 6 and have to decide between Juolevi, Tkachuk and Sergachyov. Who would you guys take out of those 3 in order?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad