Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] Keith Yandle signs with the Flyers (1 year, $900k)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
We have 11M and we need to resign Sanheim (probably 5+) and Hart (3ish). What solid backup are we getting for under 3M?

Hayes deal is awful.
AV isn’t going to wrinkle his boys feathers by breaking his iron man streak.

If you don’t like it - you can skip my posts. It’s not a hard concept.

I'm going to engage you because that's how message boards work. Not only are you over-estimating what Sanheim will make you're assuming Yandle wont get benched for bad play when they were benching players for bad play all the time last year. Including their 3rd pair cheap veteran defensemen.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
We have 11M and we need to resign Sanheim (probably 5+) and Hart (3ish). What solid backup are we getting for under 3M?

Hayes deal is awful.
AV isn’t going to wrinkle his boys feathers by breaking his iron man streak.

If you don’t like it - you can skip my posts. It’s not a hard concept.

I feel they bring in Holtby. Connection with Hart. I am concerned over his play but mentorship alone would be great.

Holtby was great with Demko.

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
Right. With what pieces? We can’t keep moving prospects and picks. We’re already setting ourselves up for failure that way.

Are you going to trade TK for a goalie?

I also don’t expect Fletcher to be smart with any more trades.

They literally have all of their picks except their 2nd next year and in 2023. You're over reacting.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I really have no problem with this signing. It's a 6th D-Man or worse for 900K.

Who cares.

Note: I railed on the Leafs for signing Simmer (& then when they signed him again) for his low deal, so I'll embrace the hate...but my official stance is indifference.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
I'm going to engage you because that's how message boards work. Not only are you over-estimating what Sanheim will make you're assuming Yandle wont get benched for bad play when they were benching players for bad play all the time last year. Including their 3rd pair cheap veteran defensemen.

Then don’t complain my posts are negative. I think Sanheim should and could get 5.5 per. And I don’t think AV is going to bench Yandle at all. I think he’s going to force feed him whatever he can to make sure he’s a happy camper.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
I feel they bring in Holtby. Connection with Hart. I am concerned over his play but mentorship alone would be great.

Holtby was great with Demko.

Yay…. So thrilled about someone like that. We need a goalie that can split games with Hart. The schedule is brutal. I don’t see Holtby as an option for 41 games at this point.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
I think the Flyers are going to give York a year in the AHL to get 25 minutes a game playing time instead of 10 minutes under AV. Let's be honest AV has never been good in developing young players he always plays the vets.

And you trust Lappy and company to develop him?

rodney dangerfield

Dec 8, 2015
I think the issue is the chatter around the team is they needed more of a winning culture and they just went after all of Hayes's drinking buddies, with major losing pedigrees and no real evidence of strong hockey play in their recent past haha.
its not like jake, ghost or myers had winning pedigree or strong hockey play the last couple years.

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
Then don’t complain my posts are negative. I think Sanheim should and could get 5.5 per. And I don’t think AV is going to bench Yandle at all. I think he’s going to force feed him whatever he can to make sure he’s a happy camper.

Okay. Why do you think that? That would be different than what they did with a comparable player in Gus. What are you basing your opinion off of?

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Nice depth signing on the cheap. Now York just has to hold up his end of the bargain and make it irrelevant.
Yandle and Morin as 7-8 dmen is decent depth for the cost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad