Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] Keith Yandle signs with the Flyers (1 year, $900k)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
A lot of people losing their minds over a one year cheap defender…

Because he f***ing sucks and is worse than what we’ve gotten rid of and worse than our prospects who need to be playing in the NHL.

and now we’re closer to 11M to resign Hart and Sanheim and a backup goalie.

Word.

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
Man reading all of your comments is cringeworthy. Gostisbehere is a joke. NHL scouting reports came out on him and he vanished, never to return. His little sidestep juke at the blueline was all he had. Just not cerebral enough to adapt and I'm glad he's gone.

Analytics are good indicators, but they don't tell the whole story.

The cost of this signing should tell you all you need to know about what kind of role Yandle will have on this team.

The Flyers gave up assets for Risto and to rid themselves of Gostisbehere. But please, you all are acting like they sold the farm and then some. Draft picks are a gamble anyway and they received a top 4 RHD for it. Top 4 RHD, price is already inflated. So the Flyers have accomplished a few things...

Cap relief...
Upgraded their top 4...
Got a shoot first guy in the top 6...
Changed the culture of the team...

And I feel obligated to say this for the upteenth time, Ristolainen is a work in progress with room to grow and develop. The Sabres are a very poor measuring stick for any talent evaluation. HF people acting like he's not able to perform at a high level in an improved environment. Honestly, I'm starting to think you're all just jealous our GM is swinging for the fences and yours isn't!

Fern111

Dec 20, 2015
The worst part of this contract is the negative publicity the Flyers are gonna get when Yandle inevitably sucks complete donkey ass and they have to snap his precious ironman streak.

Yall just got yourselves a 900K headache.

Reactions: wonton15 and SnS

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
They are young. We don't need youth. Get rid of them. Bring in vets. We might make the playoffs! That's what we want! No building for a future chance at the Cup - just try to make the playoffs. It doesn't matter if they make the playoffs, it only matters if you show you are trying. Signing players indicates trying. Hey, Fletcher shows he is trying! All is well.

Was Hextall's 30 year rebuild strategy any better?

There's a business side to the game as well and under Hextall there was a drop in revenue and attendence...not to mention the weird toxic culture he brought into the organization.

Under Hextall you would have seen Hakstol here forever.

Reactions: lancer247

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Remember a few years ago how awesome the Flyer defense prospects were? All those high picks on defense? Now they're trading and signing bought-out players to fill the slots. What happened?
What happened? They panned out great...

Provorov - 1D
Sanheim 2nd pair guy
Ghost- far exceeded 3rd round expectations
Myers - undrafted was just used to get Ellis
York is still a top prospect

I'm confused what your point is?

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
The worst part of this contract is the negative publicity the Flyers are gonna get when Yandle inevitably sucks complete donkey ass and they have to snap his precious ironman streak.

Yall just got yourselves a 900K headache.

Literally nobody would give a shit about this.

Reactions: lancer247

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Man reading all of your comments is cringeworthy. Gostisbehere is a joke. NHL scouting reports came out on him and he vanished, never to return. His little sidestep juke at the blueline was all he had. Just not cerebral enough to adapt and I'm glad he's gone.

Analytics are good indicators, but they don't tell the whole story.

The cost of this signing should tell you all you need to know about what kind of role Yandle will have on this team.

The Flyers gave up assets for Risto and to rid themselves of Gostisbehere. But please, you all are acting like they sold the farm and then some. Draft picks are a gamble anyway and they received a top 4 RHD for it. Top 4 RHD, price is already inflated. So the Flyers have accomplished a few things...

Cap relief...
Upgraded their top 4...
Got a shoot first guy in the top 6...
Changed the culture of the team...

And I feel obligated to say this for the upteenth time, Ristolainen is a work in progress with room to grow and develop. The Sabres are a very poor measuring stick for any talent evaluation. HF people acting like he's not able to perform at a high level in an improved environment. Honestly, I'm starting to think you're all just jealous our GM is swinging for the fences and yours isn't!

I don’t think Risto is a top 4 D. And you’ve been anti-Ghost so I can’t even debate with that.

This isn’t swinging for the fences. This is acquiring mostly junk and not improving.

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
Remember a few years ago how awesome the Flyer defense prospects were? All those high picks on defense? Now they're trading and signing bought-out players to fill the slots. What happened?
You mean the left handed dmen that are still on the team? The ones that aren’t yet NHL ready I’m not sure what you’re getting at considering we never had rhd prospects minus myers, yandle is a depth signing for if york or Zamula can’t take the work load

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad