Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] Keith Yandle signs with the Flyers (1 year, $900k)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
The worst part of this contract is the negative publicity the Flyers are gonna get when Yandle inevitably sucks complete donkey ass and they have to snap his precious ironman streak.

Yall just got yourselves a 900K headache.

Plus, his spitting shitlets crew will be discussing about how Yandle is being mistreated by the team mgmt/coaches when his icetime drops to 5min range.

Reactions: SnS

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
Risto. Hayes. No backup goalie. Laughton. Wasting a contract slot on Yandle when York needs the spot. The list can continue.

The summer isn't over yet, yes Flyers have a lot gaps to fill...but you freaking out on every move, with multiple posts, every day is hilarious...why not have patience and see how this plays out by end of August.

Also when I say "patience" I do not mean Hextall "patience"...which is a 30 year never-ending plan drafting rookies and downgrading the roster from legit players to "potentials" than almost never pan out.

Reactions: Hanover Fist

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
The risk there is that Yandle is ass and AV will likely overplay him.
Overplay him how? He's not getting into the top 4, no chance. He'll be a 6/7 playing 12 minutes a night, tops, 2 of those on the PP. Why would AV use him more than he used a better version of him in Ghosr, that made 5 times more? That would be hard to believe. Guess we'll see.

By all counts he's the best locker room guy to have and that's where I see his value mostly

Flyrs21

Dec 17, 2006
For anyone that is worried that Yandle is blocking Cam York, York has played 8 AHL games and 3 NHL games. He should be starting the season in the minors.

Now Yandle on the other hand...... Whatever. Lol

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
You mean the left handed dmen that are still on the team? The ones that aren’t yet NHL ready I’m not sure what you’re getting at considering we never had rhd prospects minus myers, yandle is a depth signing for if york or Zamula can’t take the work load

Exactly, it's to protect the youth instead of throwing them into the volcano like the Oilers do and ruin them...

Reactions: Blaine8797

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
The summer isn't over yet, yes Flyers have a lot gaps to fill...but you freaking out on every move, with multiple posts, every day is hilarious...why not have patience and see how this plays out by end of August.

Also when I say "patience" I do not mean Hextall "patience"...which is a 30 year never-ending plan drafting rookies and downgrading the roster from legit players to "potentials" than almost never pan out.

Well, our roster is already worse than it was last year on paper.

There are more gaps to fill now than prior to the summer starting because Fletcher is bringing in the HayesCru. There’s no point in being patient when the screw ups are happening every other day.

Id rather a GM with a plan instead of a GM being told what to do by people above him who have no idea what the new NHL is about.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
For anyone that is worried that Yandle is blocking Cam York, York has played 8 AHL games and 3 NHL games. He should be starting the season in the minors.

Now Yandle on the other hand...... Whatever. Lol

York is more than likely ready for the 6th spot with Braun day one of this season, now he’s blocked by a crybaby bitch.

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
Risto. Hayes. No backup goalie. Laughton. Wasting a contract slot on Yandle when York needs the spot. The list can continue.

They're getting a backup goalie, the Hayes deal is fine and the Laughton deal is fine. If York is better than Yandle, he'll play over him like Gus from last season. This is the mindless complaining about EVERYTHING the Flyers board seems to be doing lately. Its so pointless.

Reactions: Skizwald

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
they had haag, gustafson and myers last year in place of them. are u saying the are better? and when you say yes...risto played on the worst team and franchise of the past decade playing 1D minutes. he isnt asked to do that here. also flyers were dead last in goals allowed last year. they literally cant be worse.

no, I’m asking why you think any of the additions are improvements on paper.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Overplay him how? He's not getting into the top 4, no chance. He'll be a 6/7 playing 12 minutes a night, tops, 2 of those on the PP. Why would AV use him more than he used a better version of him in Ghosr, that made 5 times more? That would be hard to believe. Guess we'll see.

By all counts he's the best locker room guy to have and that's where I see his value mostly

I really doubt he’s going to be on the PP.

Best? Doubt it.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Still mad over the Selke? I would be too when I blurted out nonsense. Join me in the corner.
Why would I be mad over the Selke?

Couturier > Barkov defensively by miles and this is the consensus despite your constant bitching on here about it. No one thinks Barkov deserved that trophy while Couturier had his won mid season.

Couturier missing significant time was a gift to Barkov

Reactions: mercury

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
Well, our roster is already worse than it was last year on paper.

There are more gaps to fill now than prior to the summer starting because Fletcher is bringing in the HayesCru. There’s no point in being patient when the screw ups are happening every other day.

Id rather a GM with a plan instead of a GM being told what to do by people above him who have no idea what the new NHL is about.

So games are decided and won on paper now?

I would wager the Flyers will do better than last year with this roster.

Reactions: Skizwald

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
They're getting a backup goalie, the Hayes deal is fine and the Laughton deal is fine. If York is better than Yandle, he'll play over him like Gus from last season. This is the mindless complaining about EVERYTHING the Flyers board seems to be doing lately. Its so pointless.

We have 11M and we need to resign Sanheim (probably 5+) and Hart (3ish). What solid backup are we getting for under 3M?

Hayes deal is awful.
AV isn’t going to wrinkle his boys feathers by breaking his iron man streak.

If you don’t like it - you can skip my posts. It’s not a hard concept.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Why would I be mad over the Selke?

Couturier > Barkov defensively by miles and this is the consensus despite your constant bitching on here about it. No one thinks Barkov deserved that trophy while Couturier had his won mid season.

Couturier missing significant time was a gift to Barkov
Your evaluation of Yandle shows you have little knowledge. Carry on :)

Reactions: Anantika

Flyrs21

Dec 17, 2006
York is more than likely ready for the 6th spot with Braun day one of this season, now he’s blocked by a crybaby bitch.
Do you trust the Flyers and Vigneault to handle a 20 year old defenseman the right way. First mistake and he'll be benched like TK, Patrick, Ghost. While the vets make mistake after mistake and continue to play with no consequences

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
We have 11M and we need to resign Sanheim (probably 5+) and Hart (3ish). What solid backup are we getting for under 3M?

Hayes deal is awful.
AV isn’t going to wrinkle his boys feathers by breaking his iron man streak.

If you don’t like it - you can skip my posts. It’s not a hard concept.

You do know there is something called "trading" right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad