Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] Keith Yandle signs with the Flyers (1 year, $900k)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
Was Hextall's 30 year rebuild strategy any better?

There's a business side to the game as well and under Hextall there was a drop in revenue and attendence...not to mention the weird toxic culture he brought into the organization.

Under Hextall you would have seen Hakstol here forever.
hextall was getting ready to make his move but was fired, not because of the work he was doing but because the old guard that exists in upper management didnt like the fact that he prioritized the on ice team over execs and alumni wants and needs. if you look closely to expiring contracts and the kids in the system it makes sense to say that he was ready to make moves and take the next step. as far as hak goes if hextall didnt feel like he was doing what he expected he would have let him go when his contract was up.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Flyers did Ghost+1st+2nd+2nd for Risto+Yandle. A catastrophe.

wWES05b.gif

Fantastic news

Even though we lost the 2015 series vs the Rangers, it was so fun seeing Yandle shit his pants every time Wilson was chasing him down
Maybe the real championships were the pants-shittings you saw along the way.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
So Yandle signs with Philly? Did anyone bother to tell him AV, who completely misused him on NY, is their coach? Guarantee he's a healthy scratch opening night to end the streak. AV would have put Henrik Lundqvist on the point rather than use Yandle even after that was the sole reason they got him. This should be fun.

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
Yandle for 900k/1 year? That isn't terrible. Him at 6.3mil? That's just down right bad. I don't see anything wrong with a guy who could be #6/switch with #7 at times. Strictly PP + sheltered minutes. This is more of a locker room addition than I think anything else.

Id take that depth over filling the roster with Prossers.

There is a clear thing happening to that team (outside of some Flyer fans constant whining/focus on analytics) - they're bringing in vets to give that locker room a completely different mix. Clearly AV (regardless of his systems/opinions on his favorite Martinis), saw the biggest issues with what was going on internally....whether its attitudes, work ethics, focus.....whatever. If they flip that over, and Hart plays like Carter Hart (which I have zero doubt he will).....I can still see this team being better than the pre-covid team.

Reactions: Skizwald

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
I don’t think Risto is a top 4 D. And you’ve been anti-Ghost so I can’t even debate with that.

This isn’t swinging for the fences. This is acquiring mostly junk and not improving.

Why is Ristolainen not a top 4 when he's been forced into the top spot on the worst team in the league?

Explain, Rico?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
hextall was getting ready to make his move but was fired, not because of the work he was doing but because the old guard that exists in upper management didnt like the fact that he prioritized the on ice team over execs and alumni wants and needs. if you look closely to expiring contracts and the kids in the system it makes sense to say that he was ready to make moves and take the next step. as far as hak goes if hextall didnt feel like he was doing what he expected he would have let him go when his contract was up.

Dude, they were 24th in the league with a clueless college coach setting the season on fire when Hextall was canned. He had 4 and a half years to make a move.

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
Then don’t complain my posts are negative. I think Sanheim should and could get 5.5 per. And I don’t think AV is going to bench Yandle at all. I think he’s going to force feed him whatever he can to make sure he’s a happy camper.
SnS seriously though, hagg or yandle? and im there with you and agree with your posts and worry. i think the only reason why he got yandle was to try to kick start the pp. but unfortunatly if hes on the roster, theres no way av is going to play him 9-12 minutes a game. he will play more

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Do you trust the Flyers and Vigneault to handle a 20 year old defenseman the right way. First mistake and he'll be benched like TK, Patrick, Ghost. While the vets make mistake after mistake and continue to play with no consequences

Patrick got to play through all kinds of horrible mistakes. He should have been benched.

Reactions: Tripod

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
SnS seriously though, hagg or yandle? and im there with you and agree with your posts and worry. i think the only reason why he got yandle was to try to kick start the pp. but unfortunatly if hes on the roster, theres no way av is going to play him 9-12 minutes a game. he will play more

I’d rather of kept Hagg because he was sent in a trade that was massive overpayment.

Reactions: Hextallent63

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
Dude, they were 24th in the league with a clueless college coach setting the season on fire when Hextall was canned. He had 4 and a half years to make a move.
sorry, read it wrong, yea i think he was ready i know it took a while but 4 years to clean up the cap, draft and insert young guys i dont think was too long. but you make a good point and i hear what your saying

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Why is Ristolainen not a top 4 when he's been forced into the top spot on the worst team in the league?

Explain, Rico?

Watching him and basing opinions on analytics, stats and watching. It all adds up to him being pretty low end. Even when his ice time was reduced, he was still god awful. It’s been explained in many different threads, by many people. As well as many different places.

My name isn’t Rico, thanks.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
He's unplayable. Flyers did Ghost+1st+2nd+2nd for Risto+Yandle. A catastrophe.
All y’all panther fans keep shitting on yandle but its a completely different scenario. He was playing a lot for you guys. He wont play in the top 4 for us and should barely see 14 minutes a game. It will definitely help him and us on the pp.

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
He's unplayable. Flyers did Ghost+1st+2nd+2nd for Risto+Yandle. A catastrophe.
everyone keeps saying this, ghost 2nd 2nd and what not and i totally agree. it seems like fletcher and av and the gang sat down and decided what they needed to do and did it trade by trade not keeping in mind the assests they were getting rid of trade to trade. like ok we make this move, ok how do we make our next move. all without using thier brain and seeing the bigger picture as far as thew complete package of outgoing opposed to incoming. its a bad sign. looking around the league and seeing the moves made by other teams, they got far below the value of what they sent out. i understand teams have different needs and differant cap issues but from a view point of value going out and value coming in, its horrible.

Pelle31

Apr 3, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
And you trust Lappy and company to develop him?
Do you trust AV to develop him, I'd rather York play 1st defense pairing instead being 3rd line pairing getting 10 minutes a game with no powerplay time. If all of these moves don't pan out then hopefully AV gets let go and they bring in a coach who will have faith in the young players.

Reactions: phil162888

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
All y’all panther fans keep shitting on yandle but its a completely different scenario. He was playing a lot for you guys. He wont play in the top 4 for us and should barely see 14 minutes a game. It will definitely help him and us on the pp.
This isn't even remotely close to true or accurate. I'm not going to argue, you'll see in 2 months. Just remember, you can't bench him.

Reactions: SnS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad