Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] Keith Yandle signs with the Flyers (1 year, $900k)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I don't get how Philly sees the caution of Yandle by only giving him 900k, but traded everything for Risto a week ago.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
I like this signing. Braun and Yandle on the 3rd pair complement each other well. Flyers biggest issue last season was transitioning the puck from D to O. Yandle will help with that.

And the cap is nothing, essentially.

Will also help a locker room that sounded like the doldrums last year.

Reactions: rodney dangerfield

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
He has to know that there is no way his streak will continue for a full season, at this point, anyway. Like no matter where he goes, teams are going to want him as insurance and depth and leadership, not top pairing minutes

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
damn people are really piling o the flyers. for once they are actually changing the team up and not icing G jake and ghost for the 6th year in a row expecting different results. risto isnt the 1D. yandle will be on bottom pair. i dont see the big deal. they are better today on paper than they have been since 2012.

I think the issue is the chatter around the team is they needed more of a winning culture and they just went after all of Hayes's drinking buddies, with major losing pedigrees and no real evidence of strong hockey play in their recent past haha.

Reactions: Holy Slapshot

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
given the term and cap hit, i'm fine with it. the least offensive of fletchers recent moves
insurance if york isn't ready

Reactions: Alex K

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad