Jul 20, 2007

Attachments

• carey-price-finger.gif
    carey-price-finger.gif
    357.6 KB · Views: 0

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
This Jake Walman trade is really strange. I'm a bit lower on him than the analytics guys but he's still a perfectly good 4-5 type. No idea why he would have negative value with 2 years left at 3.4M.

I guess we have to assume that Detroit wouldn't have paid a 2nd to dump his contract without exhausting other options but even with his 10 team NTC I can't imagine that there wasn't any other team out there who would have taken him for free at the very least. Going to be funny to see how many teams sign worse defencemen to more expensive contracts than Walman.
Maybe Walman was caught dating Corey Perry's mom...

(Excuse me while I go infract myself)

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
What the hell is Stevie Y doing?

Walman averaged like 20 minutes per night and is actually a very decent defenseman with a decent aav. To give up a good asset in a 2nd rounder just to have SJ take him off their hands? Huh..?

If Yzerman plans on making a big splash in Free Agency, I’d be very nervous if I was a Wings fan because I thought their off-season was awful for the most part last year.

I haven’t been impressed with Stevie since leaving Tampa.

i'd give a 3rd round pick to grab Walman if we didn't have a logjam in D. It's insane he's giving up asset to dump him.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
I just read an interesting stat. The Panthers are now 15-0-1 in the last 16 games with Dan O'Rourke officiating. He seems to be a good luck charm for that franchise.
The antiChris Lee for them. It doesn’t impress me that you have refs with records of impacting play and making certain teams win. It’s not quite the Flyers’ pet refs in the’70s, but it’s not good.

Reactions: OldCraig71

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
No way! Habs were dead meat until Weber called that meeting before Game 5 in Toronto.

Some fans like to say that, but players way rallied around Weber. It was Weber.
The players knew it was Weber's final moment and did all they could to end his career on a high note instead of submitting to Leafs when they were down 3-1.

Supposedly he was in so much pain that he was crying between periods. His legendary intangibles were on full display during that run. Not sure they go this far without him.

Last edited:

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
No way! Habs were dead meat until Weber called that meeting before Game 5 in Toronto.

Some fans like to say that, but players way rallied around Weber. It was Weber.
Much like how media tried to play up that the boys scored ten for Lafleur when it was obvious as hell they knew it was Carey's last game. Everyone put their all into that meaningless game to send him out on a high.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Sad they didn’t win. Unfortunately, all it does is perpetuate this scary thought: as a hockey player, you need to live in a tax haven in a Southern State to win or be competitive.

Nothing good in there for our market. Simple as that.
Something the league could easily fix if they really wanted to.
It doesn't take a genius to come up with an average tax per player in terms of deductions at source which while not being perfect would show some semblance of fair play. What players then do with their incomes is totally up to them park it offshore for all I care. Capped league all paid American dollars
it's the next logical step. Either that or simply give the disadvantaged teams more cap to work with in consequence.

Habs might as well trade Reinbacher now. The pressure on him will be too high.
Yeah cause Michkov tore up the K and is now doing the same in the NHL.
How about we wait and see if he survives Torterella first?

Reactions: dinodebino

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
Something the league could easily fix if they really wanted to.
It doesn't take a genius to come up with an average tax per player in terms of deductions at source which while not being perfect would show some semblance of fair play. What players then do with their incomes is totally up to them park it offshore for all I care. Capped league all paid American dollars
it's the next logical step. Either that or simply give the disadvantaged teams more cap to work with in consequence.

Friedman & Marek have brought up in the past few months, some executives/owners of American teams have expressed some concerns about the tax-free states advantage. It might be something that could be on the agenda for the next CBA.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad