GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft - Round 1 - June 28th - 7 P.M. / Round 2-7 - June 29th - 11 A.M

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I absolutely believe it. And not because I trust Frank.

I've been saying since last season was winding down that I wouldn't be surprised if one of Siegenthaler or Marino is out this offseason.

I think they'd rather turf Siegs, but he's got a year longer left on his contract and just had a pretty bad year. Realistically you could probably get more for Marino or at the very least he'd be easier to unload.

Reactions: Guadana

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
I absolutely believe it. And not because I trust Frank.

I've been saying since last season was winding down that I wouldn't be surprised if one of Siegenthaler or Marino is out this offseason.

I think they'd rather turf Siegs, but he's got a year longer left on his contract and just had a pretty bad year. Realistically you could probably get more for Marino or at the very least he'd be easier to unload.
I’m guessing it has more to do with Pesce and hopefully him really wanting to be here and give us a deal

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I’m guessing it has more to do with Pesce and hopefully him really wanting to be here and give us a deal
I think we were always planning to upgrade, and getting rid of one of them would probably need to happen to make it work with the freed up money.

Fitz could have known all along that Pesce was the guy he was looking for.

Askarov!:sarcasm:

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
I think we were always planning to upgrade, and getting rid of one of them would probably need to happen to make it work with the freed up money.

Fitz could have known all along that Pesce was the guy he was looking for.
If this is Fitz driven that’s stupid in my opinion. Costly minor upgrade and the left side is in far greater need of help. I don’t think that’s the case though or at least hope it isn’t. We still need somebody on the left side anyways so I’m not sure why one had to go to upgrade.

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
Different times, that’s when they had the free agent interview period which is now gone and Carolina gave him permission to seek different teams for free agency
While true, we likely have been speaking to Pesce via Carolina already - similarly to Hamilton but with a pick thrown in for his rights Id imagine (otherwise Carolina would tell us to kick rocks)

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
While true, we likely have been speaking to Pesce via Carolina already - similarly to Hamilton but with a pick thrown in for his rights Id imagine (otherwise Carolina would tell us to kick rocks)
But we haven’t traded for his rights. Why would we now if they’ve already talked and agreed?

megajake

Aug 24, 2009
You dont know how Pesce will do here

Its a risk on Fitzgerald's behalf as much as its more assets from a Marino trade
I saw how Marino has done here. He was awful in the playoffs and one of the worst defenseman in the league last season. Pesce can't do worse if he tried.

Zacha37

Dec 8, 2016
I do think they find Marino to be too soft for the postseason and that’s why this move is being made. Puzzles me a bit though because Pesce isn’t a physical guy either.

Reactions: Comparison Ford

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
But in all seriousness, I could definitely see how Lauzon would be a guy that Fitz really likes.

So maybe Lauzon + for Marino?

Only bad part is that you're ostensibly committing to Siegs / Hughes as your top two lefties.
I’d rather have Lauzon for 2 years at 2 million than Zadorov for 6 years at whatever number he’s getting. If Fitz was intent on adding a hitting machine.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Pure analytic move I would say

Marino doesn’t defend the slot well

Pesce is good at defending the slot

Both are probably on par offensively

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad