HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Particularly as a Canadian team, with what happened with Fox and Rutger McGroarty to name a few, I don't think there should be any more concern regarding Russian prospects as there are college prospects. Russian prospects do come, it might just take some time. Some high profile college players have more leverage and can just refuse to sign and then you're in a pickle since you have to trade a player without much leverage.

That said, don't let where a player comes from be a deterrence from drafting them, pick BPA and work hard to get them over.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Sad they didn’t win. Unfortunately, all it does is perpetuate this scary thought: as a hockey player, you need to live in a tax haven in a Southern State to win or be competitive.

Nothing good in there for our market. Simple as that.
To win, Edm was competitive as were previous Cdn teams who made it to a up finals.

Reality is low / no tax markets hold advantage of building deep teams - “building” also requires competent management which TBay, Fla didn’t have for most of their history

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
and if he doesn't cut it, he's being loaned to another team.

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.
That's the part I don't get. Ok, this year he was 18, a rookie, etc.... but with another year of experience they don't even PLAN to have him with them. If the guy is as good as advertized here on this board (second only to Bedard, etc), why can't they even play him in a lesser league than the NHL but he is supposed to be extraordinary in the NHL

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
What the hell is Stevie Y doing?

Walman averaged like 20 minutes per night and is actually a very decent defenseman with a decent aav. To give up a good asset in a 2nd rounder just to have SJ take him off their hands? Huh..?

If Yzerman plans on making a big splash in Free Agency, I’d be very nervous if I was a Wings fan because I thought their off-season was awful for the most part last year.

I haven’t been impressed with Stevie since leaving Tampa.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
What the hell is Stevie Y doing?

Walman averaged like 20 minutes per night and is actually a very decent defenseman with a decent aav. To give up a good asset in a 2nd rounder just to have SJ take him off their hands? Huh..?

If Yzerman plans on making a big splash in Free Agency, I’d be very nervous if I was a Wings fan because I thought their off-season was awful for the most part last year.

I haven’t been impressed with Stevie since leaving Tampa.

He's a fraud. This move sucks.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
:huh: Did Detroit even need the cap space?

Have to re-sign Sieder and Raymond, and are likely trying to bring back Kane although I have a feeling he’s signing elsewhere.

Maybe they take a run at Stamkos?

Either way I’m sure Yzerman will overpay for multiple players like he did last year. Yikes.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
This Jake Walman trade is really strange. I'm a bit lower on him than the analytics guys but he's still a perfectly good 4-5 type. No idea why he would have negative value with 2 years left at 3.4M.

I guess we have to assume that Detroit wouldn't have paid a 2nd to dump his contract without exhausting other options but even with his 10 team NTC I can't imagine that there wasn't any other team out there who would have taken him for free at the very least. Going to be funny to see how many teams sign worse defencemen to more expensive contracts than Walman.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Roenick was good but I look at him as a HOF caliber guy that never quite built the resume. Everyone from the ‘90s and 2000s really are gonna get in eh…except Mogilny I guess. And maybe not Theo until he sorts himself out

Reactions: MarkovsKnee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad