HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
I don’t get how you can say this. Guhle is 22 and already playing massive minutes. He’s going to improve. The rest of our future D core hasn’t even played yet.
If he manages to avoid getting more concussions, he also needs to more than double his points output.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
How many concussions has Crosby had?
I edited my post.

Crosby has had a lot of concussions and it was miraculous that it didn’t derail his career more than it did. His production rate permanently went down after his awful two years of brain injuries. He’s just so good he’s made up for it, some how.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I edited my post.

Crosby has had a lot of concussions and it was miraculous that it didn’t derail his career more than it did. His production rate permanently went down after his awful two years of brain injuries. He’s just so good he’s made up for it, some how.
Injuries are inevitable. It’s a risk with any player. At this point I don’t think Guhle’s injuries are anything to worry about. He’s played really well at a young age and has produced good offense without the benefit of playing on the Pp. Dach on the other hand needs to play 82 games. Or close to it.

Bottom line is that Montreal’s pretty stacked with prospects on D. Does that mean all will pan out? No. But we owe it to ourselves to see what they can do. That’s how rebuilds work.

Anyways, this is starting to veer off. Let’s just keep it focused on Hab needs for the draft.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
I edited my post.

The thing with Crosby's concussions though, at least the last one, is that some of his symptoms were in fact related to a neck injury ? I seem to recall something about that.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Yeah, I couldn't believe he didn't score there. But, Bob moves across and gets that leg in the way. McDavid didn't have time to shoot where he wanted. D's stick is already there.
McDavid didn't score the entire playoffs. If he had they would have won. Presumably he was playing hurt.

It’s hard to win with a slow defence.

Watching Ceci, Nurse, Bouchard, etc. being forechecked to death must have been a painful experience for Oilers fans. The Panthers had no respect for the Oilers’ defence and simply employed a dump and chase tactic knowing that on most occasions their forwards would beat the Oilers’ defense to the puck. As a result, for most of the Series, it was like a chaotic fire drill in the Oilers’ defensive zone. That resulting chaos provides a cautionary tale for the many Montreal fans who are seemingly anxious to trade away our most mobile defencemen.

Oilers lost this series at the trade deadline when Holland failed to upgrade the mobility of his defence.

Frankly, without the brilliance of McDavid, the Oilers aren’t a playoff team..
The defense was slow in more ways than one. Slow skaters and slow to react. They needed to improve the d or get a better goaltender.

Reactions: Banjo Cat

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
What’s really impressive is that he did it on an otherwise mediocre club. It’s one of the best runs of all time without a doubt. Any time you’re in a conversation that includes Mario and Gretz you know it’s fantastic.

And he absolutely deserved the Smythe.
I don't really see an argument against him for the Smythe. Florida had no standouts except Bob who collapsed in the finals. They were kind of built like the 2011 Bruins. Edmonton had five guys eclipse or tied with Florida's leaders.

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Once again hockey proves itself as being the ultimate TEAM game, regardless of how good an individual player is…
On the other hand, the winning goal was a softie by one particular player.
Can't say the Oilers played less like a team than FLA. It's just one small mistake that made the difference

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
What’s really impressive is that he did it on an otherwise mediocre club. It’s one of the best runs of all time without a doubt. Any time you’re in a conversation that includes Mario and Gretz you know it’s fantastic.

And he absolutely deserved the Smythe.

It's not always about how good your team is but it's about how good they play

Oilers may not have had the absolute best roster on paper - but they had a tremendous performance. Just look at their PK with an all-time great performance.

It was fun to follow. Looking forward to see what else McDavid has in store for the rest of his career.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
I don’t get how you can say this. Guhle is 22 and already playing massive minutes. He’s going to improve. The rest of our future D core hasn’t even played yet.
I mean the D available in the draft. I was thinking it was likely Dickinson/Buium/Levshunov were sure stars. If they are not clear #1/2 there is little reason to take them.

If the habs think one of these guys will be a franchise player, fine, but it’s more likely that drafting them would add depth at deep positions.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I mean the D available in the draft. I was thinking it was likely Dickinson/Buium/Levshunov were sure stars. If they are not clear #1/2 there is little reason to take them.

If the habs think one of these guys will be a franchise player, fine, but it’s more likely that drafting them would add depth at deep positions.
Got it. Sorry, I misread your post.

Treal

Jul 6, 2007

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Sad they didn’t win. Unfortunately, all it does is perpetuate this scary thought: as a hockey player, you need to live in a tax haven in a Southern State to win or be competitive.

Nothing good in there for our market. Simple as that.
I was rooting for Edmonton and I don't care about all the first-round picks/tanking blah blah crap. What I watched on Saturday night was one of the most exciting and all-around entertaining things I have ever witnessed in a hockey arena.

I didn't watch last night but was disappointed to see the result and wondered just how a team that was so dominant for 3 games in a row wouldn't come out and be the same way in game 7. Everyone and their dog was picking the Oilers to win game 7 and they didn't resemble the team that looked so dialed in.

I nearly puked when Bettman aka Mr Burns did his corporate ass kiss routine before handing the cup to Barkov, you know the midget wanted the Panthers to win and they did. Oh well, come October we will watch it all play out again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad