Who will the Wings draft with their first round pick?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who do you think the Wings will draft?

• Helenius

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • Brandsegg-Nygard

Votes: 29 35.8%
  • Solberg

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Hage

• Eiserman

• Luchanko

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Jiricek

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beaudoin

• Greentree

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Connelly

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Boisvert

• Chernyshov

• Catton

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Yakemchuk

• Sennecke

• Other

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Iginla

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Any reason you're predicting a guy who seems to be ranked as a very late 1st round or 2nd round pick to go to us? I don't know anything about him
Nothing particular. It feels like he has some wind at his back after the Milestein camp. It seems like he has a lot going for hm and fits the profile that the organization seems to like. He also may have some capacity to play center. If someone goes off of the board, I think it will be a Russian. Even with video, they are underexposed since the Ukraine invasion started. Again, just a wild guess with no intel to back it up.

Reactions: izlez

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Imo, it's not any stonger than any other year for defencemen.

The forwards are just weak relatively for them. And because of those forwards, it's a weak draft overall vs. 2023 or 2025.

Defencemen level is just normal vs. other draft classes.
Levshunov and Buium had historically good draft seasons in the NCAA.

Parekh had one of the best goal scoring draft years for a defenseman in the OHL if I’m not mistaken.

Silayev is a 6’7 freak of nature.

Dickinson was insanely good for London and has a very good skill set.

I think this draft will produce a number of quality NHL defenseman.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
i'm just hoping someone else takes MBN before 15th because this forum has me paranoid the Wings might take him and I don't want yet another safe pick like that

I haven't really followed the draft enough this year to have a lot of opinions other than that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad