Who will the Wings draft with their first round pick?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you think the Wings will draft?

• Helenius

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • Brandsegg-Nygard

Votes: 29 35.8%
  • Solberg

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Hage

• Eiserman

• Luchanko

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Jiricek

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beaudoin

• Greentree

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Connelly

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Boisvert

• Chernyshov

• Catton

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Yakemchuk

• Sennecke

• Other

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Iginla

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
Would be good with any of Helenius, Yakemchuk, MBN, Hage, Chernyshov, Luchanko, Solberg, in that order. Anyone else gets at least an okay, strictly based on first-round picks the past five years.

I don't know where Teddy Stiga will go. He's ranked 43 on Bob's last list, may not hear his name tonight. There will be a lot fewer than 42 better players out of this Draft.

Last edited:
Reactions: lilidk

Twinger

Sep 28, 2017
I haven't really been following this draft so feel like I'm going in blind. Kind of exciting this way when I'm not hoping for one player

Barry Amsterdam

Fillin Nets Since 18
Apr 2, 2013
I don't think so, and we need to stop doing this for every Euro defenseman playing in a men's league.
big rough Dman who loves to hit. Good skater, Sneaky offensive instincts. I get the overused comparison people throw out there but i see a lot of similarity’s. If his name was Brad smith in the Whl i’d still make the comparison

I think we all know it’s gonna be someone ranked in the 20’s-30’s with good hockey iq and intangibles
Liam Greentree come on down

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I don't think so, and we need to stop doing this for every Euro defenseman playing in a men's league.
We are poised to have an elite defense. Our offense will not be elite, and the jury is out on goaltending, but we should be in the conversation for best defenses in the league. Being dominant on defense may make it easier to trade a d-man for an elite forward. This is the only thing we can do after being f***ed by the draft lottery. The odds of lucking into an elite forward at 15 are incredibly small. You can draft elite d-men where we draft. C'est la vie.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
big rough Dman who loves to hit. Good skater, Sneaky offensive instincts. I get the overused comparison people throw out there but i see a lot of similarity’s. If his name was Brad smith in the Whl i’d still make the comparison
I don't know.

Who has Solberg ranked highly and think he has offensive upside?

HP had Seider ranked 10th in his draft year. Same people have Solberg ranked 24th. They give him 5/9 in skill and 5/9 in hockey sense.

I don't think they are the same player. Plus Seider is 6'4.

I think Solberg is a unit who hits and maybe has some room to grow offensively, but I doubt very much he is ever going to sniff what Seider can do offensively.

I would guess he looks a lot more like Brad Stuart, which is still a fine player to have, but no I don't think he is a "Seider clone" at all.

Barry Amsterdam

Fillin Nets Since 18
Apr 2, 2013
I don't know.

Who has Solberg ranked highly and think he has offensive upside?

HP had Seider ranked 10th in his draft year. Same people have Solberg ranked 24th. They give him 5/9 in skill and 5/9 in hockey sense.

I don't think they are the same player. Plus Seider is 6'4.

I think Solberg is a unit who hits and maybe has some room to grow offensively, but I doubt very much he is ever going to sniff what Seider can do offensively.

I would guess he looks a lot more like Brad Stuart, which is still a fine player to have, but no I don't think he is a "Seider clone" at all.
fair enough

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I get a feeling MBN goes before 15.

Hage is still low on a lot of lists and feels very much like a Detroit type of pick. I'd be perfectly happy with him as our pick.

Solberg is a Seider clone. He’s my bet for stevie to pick.

Want:Eiserman/Catton/Hage

You definitely have a type.

Nice avatar, by the way. :thumbu:

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Solberg seems to be Seider2.0.
Late bloomer, big rise in the final draft rankings.

Not sure we need another high end D prospect, but also hard to turn down such a pick if still available when the wings are up on the podium.

Otherwise that Norwegian kid with the long last name seems like a good choice.

I don’t think there is a bad choice at 15…

Eiserman could be a home run pick as well and he’s probably my least desirable option at #15.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
As Håkan doing the 1st pick from Europe, and we avoid all russians, our list will be:

1. Helenius
2. MBN
3. Jiricek
4. Solberg
5. Hemming

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Solberg seems to be Seider2.0.
Late bloomer, big rise in the final draft rankings.

Not sure we need another high end D prospect, but also hard to turn down such a pick if still available when the wings are up on the podium.

Otherwise that Norwegian kid with the long last name seems like a good choice.

I don’t think there is a bad choice at 15…

Eiserman could be a home run pick as well and he’s probably my least desirable option at #15.

It's a strong draft year for defensemen. That's when you should consider taking defensemen even if it's not a positional need now. Solberg could probably crack an NHL roster in his D+3 and be fine.

Reactions: 13to40

izlez

Carter Mazur Fan Club
Feb 28, 2012
Think: Surin
Want: Helenius
Any reason you're predicting a guy who seems to be ranked as a very late 1st round or 2nd round pick to go to us? I don't know anything about him

I don't think he is, and we need to stop doing this for every Euro defenseman playing in a men's league.
I thought the Seider comparisons were solely that he was rising up boards late, but then I finally watched him and immediately saw the comparison. His physicality, including reverse hits, and using that to create offense reminds me a lot of Seider. That along with his patience with the puck and using his body to shield the puck. I definitely get the comparison.... I also saw misreads and defensive lapses that make me think he's not at Seider's level defensively

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
It's a strong draft year for defensemen. That's when you should consider taking defensemen even if it's not a positional need now. Solberg could probably crack an NHL roster in his D+3 and be fine.

Imo, it's not any stonger than any other year for defencemen.

The forwards are just weak relatively for them. And because of those forwards, it's a weak draft overall vs. 2023 or 2025.

Defencemen level is just normal vs. other draft classes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad